Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Speed growth is under Speed ingame (成長型) . It determines how fast your monster levels up. There are:
- Normal Growth (普通)
- Fast Growth (早熟)
- Slow Growth (晩成)

Since you were able to change the skill of a Azuros with Velocidromes jump, i thought that maybe you can also change the speed in which monsters level up.
I'll look into it. I don't know much about the games to be honest. All I really know is that it's adorable and the battle system is simple enough :')

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i extracted my save but there are lots of files inside. Which one do i edit withy your save editor?
mhr_gameX.sav, where X is the save slot (0 = top file, 1 = middle file, 2 = bottom file).

MonsterRider

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
mhr_gameX.sav, where X is the save slot (0 = top file, 1 = middle file, 2 = bottom file).
Okay i did it but when using JKSM to import my modded savefile it gives me an error and doesnt work. But when i import my backup, it works like normal. Do i have to change anything elsr?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Okay i did it but when using JKSM to import my modded savefile it gives me an error and doesnt work. But when i import my backup, it works like normal. Do i have to change anything elsr?
Did you copy the mhr_game0.sav back with the rest of the files? And where was the error?

MonsterRider

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
also when after editing my save, the size of my save changes to 1kb ? why is that?

Yeah i did copy it back. I think its because the size of the file chanages to 1kb after using the editor.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
also when after editing my save, the size of my save changes to 1kb ? why is that?

Yeah i did copy it back. I think its because the size of the file chanages to 1kb after using the editor.
Waaaaaait, I think that's a bug... I remember having one of my saves in a hex editor with only 0s but I just thought that was me messing with it. Sorry, I'm still learning <3 Try this one and let me know if it still happens.

Attachments

• SaveEdit.7z
    11.7 KB · Views: 251

stfb1055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably don't have much time to look into monster data layout especially skill slots and ability stuff. (MAYBE this weekend?)
I'll just post my crappy item set to at least contribute to the trivial item part.
Source is here: http://pastebin.com/YctUKrxQ

This thing sets EXISTING items to 999x including those depleted but have been acquired.

file "item" is for linux x86-64
file "item.exe" is for windows x86-64(?)

Usage:
item <your save file name>

BACK UP YOUR SAVE.

Output:
<your save file name> with "hack" appended...
i dont think this work. i tried it seem i got 2.94kb instead of 47x kb forgot how much... and i also tried rename the file... but it lost my save or something? what i doing wrong or this is not working right? i using a 32 bit windows i believe...

Last edited by stfb1055,

MonsterRider

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Waaaaaait, I think that's a bug... I remember having one of my saves in a hex editor with only 0s but I just thought that was me messing with it. Sorry, I'm still learning <3 Try this one and let me know if it still happens.
I now get a "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)"? What does this mean?

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably don't have much time to look into monster data layout especially skill slots and ability stuff. (MAYBE this weekend?)
I'll just post my crappy item set to at least contribute to the trivial item part.
Source is here: http://pastebin.com/YctUKrxQ

This thing sets EXISTING items to 999x including those depleted but have been acquired.

file "item" is for linux x86-64
file "item.exe" is for windows x86-64(?)

Usage:
item <your save file name>

BACK UP YOUR SAVE.

Output:
<your save file name> with "hack" appended...
Doesnt seem like your app works. Its what @MonsterRider has said and the save file is turned into 1KB when it should be 473KB. I have a look at the source when i get home.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i dont think this work. i tried it seem i got 2.94kb instead of 47x kb forgot how much... and i also tried rename the file... but it lost my save or something? what i doing wrong or this is not working right? i using a 32 bit windows i believe...
Yeah, it doesnt seem like it works for now. Just make sure you backup your save.

stfb1055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesnt seem like your app works. Its what @MonsterRider has said and the save file is turned into 1KB when it should be 473KB. I have a look at the source when i get home.

Yeah, it doesnt seem like it works for now. Just make sure you backup your save.
yeah good thing i did back up.. lol :) but it still didnt work anyways.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom

yeah good thing i did back up.. lol :) but it still didnt work anyways.
Seems like it only saves the edits to the new file. The stuff below is what the app produced for me (item IDs and 999s for each item).
Code:
68 3C 04 0C 47 52 48 4D 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
01 00 E7 03 00 00 00 00 01 00 E7 03 03 00 04 00
05 00 E7 03 07 00 08 00 09 00 E7 03 0B 00 0C 00
0D 00 E7 03 0F 00 10 00 11 00 E7 03 13 00 14 00
15 00 E7 03 17 00 18 00 19 00
Edit: As a note, you could probably use that. If you copied and pasted it into your actual save using a hex editor, the same changes would be applied. Save editors are just hex editors after all. But if you're not confident, I'm sure it'll be fixed in time ♪

Last edited by Scarlet,

stfb1055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like it only saves the edits to the new file. The stuff below is what the app produced for me (item IDs and 999s for each item).
Code:
68 3C 04 0C 47 52 48 4D 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
01 00 E7 03 00 00 00 00 01 00 E7 03 03 00 04 00
05 00 E7 03 07 00 08 00 09 00 E7 03 0B 00 0C 00
0D 00 E7 03 0F 00 10 00 11 00 E7 03 13 00 14 00
15 00 E7 03 17 00 18 00 19 00
from using your save editor? i not really that good when it come to save edit manually lol...

Scarlet

Onion Soup
OP
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
from using your save editor? i not really that good when it come to save edit manually lol...
Oh no, this is the max item one @secXsQuared posted. I still can't get my head around releasing my damn thing properly (pls can somebody help me with that, I'm just a poor uni student, I've never had to release things ;-; ) and I also realise I did my Potions wrong. So all my thing does right now is max your money and one of your items. Ah well, it's encouraging people to look into the save structure, even if it is a disaster.

As for manual editing, a quick tutorial to give yourself max money:
1) Download HxD
2) Open your mhr_game0.sav in HxD
3) Press Ctrl+G
4) Enter 5B404 in the prompt, it should take you to the offset
5) Type 7F 96 98 (the value for 9999999)
6) Hit Ctrl+S
7) Import your save back into MHS

Hope that tides you over for now <3

Last edited by Scarlet,
Reactions: stfb1055

stfb1055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no, this is the max item one @secXsQuared posted. I still can't get my head around releasing my damn thing properly (pls can somebody help me with that, I'm just a poor uni student, I've never had to release things ;-; ) and I also realise I did my Potions wrong. So all my thing does right now is max your money and one of your items. Ah well, it's encouraging people to look into the save structure, even if it is a disaster.

As for manual editing, a quick tutorial to give yourself max money:
1) Download HxD
2) Open your mhr_game0.sav in HxD
3) Press Ctrl+G
4) Enter 5B404 in the prompt, it should take you to the offset
5) Type 7F 96 98 (the value for 9999999)
6) Hit Ctrl+S
7) Import your save back into MHS

Hope that tides you over for now <3
ah i have HxD for a long while... it just i never save edit manually.. cuz the thing is always in character sadly idk how to make it into english text so i can know where to edit... it much easier that way... but no idea how haha... i will try whenever i have time.

Jesus10101

lord and savior
Trophies
XP
Country
ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR SAVEFILE

Okay before starting anything, i thought i might as well take a look and see how our japanese friends are doing and it seems like i hit the jackpot. A Github user by the name of Kiracc has made a simple web-base editor the changes your name, zenny, level and exp. You can also see the offsets of the items you have and change the value etc.
Here is the link: https://kiracc.github.io/mhst/

For the people who dont speak japanese, click on "ファイル"(File) then click on "開く"(Open). The option below that says "save"(保存) which is used to save after editing.

From order of top to bottom, it says:

Name :
Zenny :
Level :
Exp :

You can click on "MAX" to max out your player.

The next part is the "Item List" which is formated similar to a hex editor but made easier. So it would be like this as an example:

Address(アドレス) - [0x0010]
Item position ID(アイテム位置) - [1]
Item ID(アイテムID) - (0001]
Item Name(アイテム名) - [Herb(薬草)]
Amount(個数) - [6]

So change the last column of the table to change the quanitiy of your items.

For now, it seems like you can only change the quantity of the items. It also seems like items that are listed as "????????" are either items that have been scraped or items you have not obtained as of yet.

There is also talk of a monster editor on baidu but i cant find it for now.

EDIT: Seems like the monster editor is bullshit and just rumours but they probably be a legit Monster editor in a week or 2.

For now it seems like they best choice is to use the source of the japanese editor, translate it and improve on it over time.

Last edited by Jesus10101,

Genshin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
How did you extract the save file which make it can be
Thanks..I think..this one is working..got max money also max potion..nice work buddy..

Last edited by Genshin,
Reactions: Scarlet

secXsQuared

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I compiled the source for on my windows/ubuntu environment and it worked. Not sure if I used the right Visual C++ compiler since I don't have VS installed anyways. (BASH FOR WINDOWS!!)

If the editor does not work for you , try compiling the source code yourself (just use the website).

C binary is not as portable. Should've written in JAVA :P.

The binary is compiled for x86-64. I think there are some compatibility issues between 32 bits/ 64 bits. It works fine on my machine. If not try compiling the source yourself since I didn't look into how well VC++ handles cross-platform stuff.

Interesting. I guess I didn't compile it correctly :P. It works without problems on my machine.
Maybe try that linux version with bash for windows.

I'm rewriting that in JAVA should be done shortly....

Last edited by secXsQuared,

stfb1055

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay before starting anything, i thought i might as well take a look and see how our japanese friends are doing and it seems like i hit the jackpot. They have made a simple web-base editor the changes your name, zenny, level and exp. You can also see the offsets of the items you have and change the value etc.
Here is the link: https://kiracc.github.io/mhst/

For the people who dont speak japanese, click on "ファイル"(File) then click on "開く"(Open). The option below that says "save" which is used to save after editing.

From order of top to bottom, it says:

Name :
Zenny :
Level :
Exp :

You can click on "MAX" to max out your player.

The next part is the "Item List" which is formated similar to a hex editor but made easier. So it would be like this as an example:

Address - (0x0010)
Item position ID - (1)
Item ID - (0001)
Item Name - (Herb(薬草))
Amount - 6

For now, it seems like you can only change the quantity of the items. It also seems like items that are listed as "????????" are either items that have been scraped or items you have not obtained as of yet.

There is also talk of a monster editor on baidu but i cant find it for now.

EDIT: Seems like the monster editor is bullshit and just rumours but they probably be a legit Monster editor in a week or 2.

For now it seems like they best choice is to use the source of the japanese editor, translate it and improve on it over time.
awesome! that thing work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Shhhhhh. Don't say Bananas. JM will get hungry again :mellow: