Homebrew [RELEASE] BAX - Boot animations for your 3DS!

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
@Wolfvak Got a bit of a problem.

Ever since I installed BAX, everytime I leave a DS or DSiWare game, my 3DS freezes on a black screen.

In my "bax" folder are bax.firm, boot.firm, and all my boot animations.

Am I missing anything?
That's strange. What CFW are you using, and if it's Luma, are you sure you're on the latest version of Luma? (and also the regular 3DS system updates too)

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
@Wolfvak Got a bit of a problem.

Ever since I installed BAX, everytime I leave a DS or DSiWare game, my 3DS freezes on a black screen.

In my "bax" folder are bax.firm, boot.firm, and all my boot animations.

Am I missing anything?
Oh, and is there a boot.firm on the root of your SD card? If not, copy or move the boot.firm from your bax folder to the root of the SD card.

ToxicBananaFish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have an absolutely beautiful boot animation working, but I was wondering if there is any known way to have audio with it? I currently have it running the 3D Saul Goodman animation lol and I want the music to play too

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I currently have an absolutely beautiful boot animation working, but I was wondering if there is any known way to have audio with it? I currently have it running the 3D Saul Goodman animation lol and I want the music to play too
Due to BAX using IVF as a base, there is no audio support sadly because, for some ungodly reason, IVF has no audio either.
Tbh if I were OP I would just use plain AVI files like with xflak's crazybootanim thing on Wii. Though that is a DOL, not a FIRM so there's probably some BS with file size on the actual video player's part and whatnot.

SoraJr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, probably no one is going to read this. I am having this problem where the video I made displays in the middle of the display as if one big screen. I set the resolution to 720x240 but no idea what to do

IMG_3438.PNG

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, probably no one is going to read this. I am having this problem where the video I made displays in the middle of the display as if one big screen. I set the resolution to 720x240 but no idea what to do

View attachment 389250
You did it wrong. When rendering the video before converting it to a BAX file, the two "screens" need to be side-by-side in the video file, with the top screen portion of the video on the left, and the bottom screen portion on the right.

Reactions: Wolfvak

SoraJr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You did it wrong. When rendering the video before converting it to a BAX file, the two "screens" need to be side-by-side in the video file, with the top screen portion of the video on the left, and the bottom screen portion on the right.
Tell me how I did it wrong, because I made the video exactly how you stated. Side by side. Also, the resolution I keep seeing to set it as was 720x240

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    109 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

coconutmallman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question. Since the luma boot.firm is in another folder, I’m guessing you can’t use universal updater to update luma, since it’ll just replace the BAX boot.firm on the sd root directory?

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I actually used THIS VIDEO to make the file.
Oh, god.. I thought you knew not to follow video tutorials!
Alright, from the top. Re-render your original video file, then send it over to me so I can turn it into an IVF (since I can't find any good online converters and don't want to burden you with using FFmpeg if you don't already know it) proper, then turn it to BAX.

Reactions: SoraJr

SoraJr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, from the top. Re-render your original video file, then send it over to me so I can turn it into an IVF (since I can't find any good online converters and don't want to burden you with using FFmpeg if you don't already know it) proper, then turn it to BAX.
Thank you, I have the video file I made. I'll send it you via PM when I can.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

13Demondice13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been reading through this forum and trying to follow everything everyone above is saying, I can make a top boot splash or a bottom boot splash, but it won't work for both simultaneously. My method was dragging both top and bottom .bax files into the bax folder but as I'm reading through this thread Im realize there are a few things I don't know. For one

1. when creating the "side by side" video can I do it through the VLC media player?
2. when converting the mp4 side-by-side video, which bax converter do I put it through? TOP SCREEN, BOTTOM SCREEN?

please help lol i realized it was 2 weeks ago since someone posted in here and I'm running out of resources for understanding what to do
Post automatically merged:

can anyone give a step by step for doing dual screen boot up , I'm using luma and I am able to have the top screen boot my custom animation or my bottom screen, I just have no idea how to do both screens. Is it was easy as have 2 videos merged side by side and then convert them through "bax converter" and then drag it into my 3ds .bax folder ?

Last edited by 13Demondice13,

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I have been reading through this forum and trying to follow everything everyone above is saying, I can make a top boot splash or a bottom boot splash, but it won't work for both simultaneously. My method was dragging both top and bottom .bax files into the bax folder but as I'm reading through this thread Im realize there are a few things I don't know. For one

1. when creating the "side by side" video can I do it through the VLC media player?
2. when converting the mp4 side-by-side video, which bax converter do I put it through? TOP SCREEN, BOTTOM SCREEN?

please help lol i realized it was 2 weeks ago since someone posted in here and I'm running out of resources for understanding what to do
Post automatically merged:

can anyone give a step by step for doing dual screen boot up , I'm using luma and I am able to have the top screen boot my custom animation or my bottom screen, I just have no idea how to do both screens. Is it was easy as have 2 videos merged side by side and then convert them through "bax converter" and then drag it into my 3ds .bax folder ?
alright alright, for one VLC can't do what you're wanting, and for two I gotta figure all this out myself a bit, so give me a little while. It's been a long time since I've done this.

• Wow
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol