DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
The slot1-launcher is not necessary. The M3iZero works out of the box with the patched TWL_Firm from Aurora Wright...
Can confirm that the "M3iZero" works fine with AuReiNand A9LH, but it fails when i switch to CakesFW 1.60 with twl cake patches.

Reactions: thaikhoa

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can confirm that the "M3iZero" works fine with AuReiNand A9LH, but it fails when i switch to CakesFW 1.60 with twl cake patches.

Where the hell did you find 160? The newest one I see is still 158. Are you compiling it yourself or something?

I had the same problem with my Acekard 2i, then I read where he said to enable the "survive reboots" patch, and, well, that fixed it (for me anyway). I didn't think to do that initially, since that usually breaks DSiWare/GBA compatibility. That's because when CFW doesn't support it, having it survive causes it to be in the way. Now that the CFW has DS/GBA support, though, it needs it in order to function properly. Makes sense when you think about it though. Both modes reboot the system. So, without "survive reboots" checked, the patches get deleted from memory, and therefore can't work. Then again, if you're using a newer compile than the nightly, maybe the new code broke something.

For those it may help, I found a way to get the AGB and TWL firmware to decrypt (if you already have a firmkey.bin for NATIVE_FIRM at least). If you place the files into a separate folder, say "cakestemp" for example, boot Cakes without them once, then move them to the "cakes" folder using CTRXplorer and reboot (go into the System Tools menu and exit), it will decrypt the files after a warm boot. I didn't have CTRXplorer installed on all of my devices' cards though, so I tried rebooting into Godmode9, copying the files over, deleting the temp folder, then warm booting Cakes. That works too. Obviously, don't enable the TWL or AGB patches until you've copied over the files. Just do "block FIRM partition updates" or "enable emunand" (depending on what you're using) and "disable signature checks" initially. Add the rest on the second boot. Now, the one thing I didn't try was booting another CFW, then warm booting Cakes without the "firmkey.bin" to see if that worked. The way I see it, I find enough trouble without actively seeking it ;) .

Last edited by Kazuma77,

qlm2009

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Where the hell did you find 160? The newest one I see is still 158. Are you compiling it yourself or something?

I had the same problem with my Acekard 2i, then I read where he said to enable the "survive reboots" patch, and, well, that fixed it (for me anyway). I didn't think to do that initially, since that usually breaks DSiWare/GBA compatibility. That's because when CFW doesn't support it, having it survive causes it to be in the way. Now that the CFW has DS/GBA support, though, it needs it in order to function properly. Makes sense when you think about it though. Both modes reboot the system. So, without "survive reboots" checked, the patches get deleted from memory, and therefore can't work.

For those it may help, I found a way to get the AGB and TWL firmware to decrypt (if you already have a firmkey.bin for NATIVE_FIRM at least). If you place the files into a separate folder, say "cakestemp" for example, boot Cakes without them once, then move them to the "cakes" folder using CTRXplorer and reboot (go into the System Tools menu and exit), it will decrypt the files after a warm boot. I didn't have CTRXplorer installed on all of my devices' cards though, so I tried rebooting into Godmode9, copying the files over, deleting the temp folder, then warm booting Cakes. That works too. Obviously, don't enable the TWL or AGB patches until you've copied over the files. Just do "block FIRM partition updates" or "enable emunand" (depending on what you're using) and "disable signature checks" initially. Add the rest on the second boot. Now, the one thing I didn't try was booting another CFW, then warm booting Cakes without the "firmkey.bin" to see if that worked. The way I see it, I find enough trouble without actively seeking it ;) .
If you complied the code from mid-kid's github, then you got it.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you complied the code from mid-kid's github, then you got it.

Ah, well, I find the 3DS scene lively enough without going around compiling stuff (I have enough trouble keeping up with it as it is). Besides, I'm quite happy with 158 for now. I'll see what's coming next soon enough.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also brb