Homebrew [RELEASE] DaedalusX64 (N64 Emulator)

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried SM64 (2) which was done by YoshiParty back in the Day for the Wii. FPS is pretty good, you can not read Messages that come up, and there are some Graphic Issues, but it in the Playable area. So yes, seriously needs to be looked into, and we could have a pretty good N64 Emu. But also need to get it to run from the 3DS Home Screen. If I remember correctly, under HBL, it will not run fully, but if it is done from the Home Menu (Installed), it should have Access to the full System.

Reactions: Impossible_Igntiz

BandiPower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using an old 3DS. SPOILER: IT WILL NOT WORK ON AN O3DS. I TRIED AND SUFFERED MANY TIMES. IT WILL JUST SEND YOU BACK TO THE HB MENU. DON'T SPEND TIME TRYING LIKE I DID!

Maq47

Lord of Pyro
Trophies
Website
idont.have.one
XP
Country
United States
That's because unless it was taken with a stereoscopic camera it's 2D with no depth data.
Actually, he was talking about photos that he modified to have depth data, he is saying that the 3DS does not support displaying the background in 3D. If I recall correctly, no official themes have a 3D background due to this. Actually, I think only the top screen can have 3D on the home screen, and that's only via the animated logos.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also, I think the user you quoted misunderstood the person who told him that. But that is probably what was meant.

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Welp
I decided to beat SM64 on the 3DS.
The emulator does save data (I think), but it doesn’t load it. So I did the entire thing in one play through XD
And once I beat the final bowser, it felt so freaking weird because everything offloads and then it’s just a tiny island. Which meant that after I beat the final bowser and I was running around the big boy star, the game started averaging 22-30 FPS
It felt so weird playing the whole game and then having the end just suddenly start being full speed.

Also
For me
Kirby 64 launches (Decent speed but I can’t see anything I’m doing)
SM64 and its ROM hacks launches (Base game is playable)
Paper Mario launches (Awful speed. Can’t get above 5 FPS)
Mario Party series launches (Very slow. And may cause system crash when trying to close game)

And then the ones that didn’t launch for me:
Ocarina of Time
Majora’s Mask
Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 64
Banjo-Kazooie

And I don’t remember if I tried any other games

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp
I decided to beat SM64 on the 3DS.
The emulator does save data (I think), but it doesn’t load it. So I did the entire thing in one play through XD
And once I beat the final bowser, it felt so freaking weird because everything offloads and then it’s just a tiny island. Which meant that after I beat the final bowser and I was running around the big boy star, the game started averaging 22-30 FPS
It felt so weird playing the whole game and then having the end just suddenly start being full speed.

Also
For me
Kirby 64 launches (Decent speed but I can’t see anything I’m doing)
SM64 and its ROM hacks launches (Base game is playable)
Paper Mario launches (Awful speed. Can’t get above 5 FPS)
Mario Party series launches (Very slow. And may cause system crash when trying to close game)

And then the ones that didn’t launch for me:
Ocarina of Time
Majora’s Mask
Smash Bros.
Mario Kart 64
Banjo-Kazooie

And I don’t remember if I tried any other games
Awesome dude! Thanks for testing things out. Masterfeizz has been giving me new builds to test all the time, each being better than the last. In the latest build, I was able to get full 30fps in most stages in SM64, was able to get 50fps in a 1v1 smash64 fight, and FZeroX was full speed in most parts of the mute city track. Pretty sick. Not sure when he'll have the next release ready, but he's workin hard to get it more playable.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Awesome dude! Thanks for testing things out. Masterfeizz has been giving me new builds to test all the time, each being better than the last. In the latest build, I was able to get full 30fps in most stages in SM64, was able to get 50fps in a 1v1 smash64 fight, and FZeroX was full speed in most parts of the mute city track. Pretty sick. Not sure when he'll have the next release ready, but he's workin hard to get it more playable.
Sounds amazing! Until he feels ready to release it I'll wait patiently. Btw has paper mario seen any improvements on the latest builds?

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds amazing! Until he feels ready to release it I'll wait patiently. Btw has paper mario seen any improvements on the latest builds?
Yes, Paper Mario is in the 20fps and higher range in the small section I played. Some small places were 30fps, but mainly unpopulated areas.

Psi-hate

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on the game. Fzero was 60 fps on n64 if I'm not mistaken. OOT was 20 or 18 fps I think. SM64 aimed at 30 fps
Yeah, OoT runs at 20fps, and the current build has it running at around 15fps, sometimes higher, sometimes lower. Main problem with OoT/MM right now is the rendering.

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. But I thought N64 was 20 fps as standard. Or are there different fps depending on what game?
Internal fps and the emulator fps are different. Even if the game ran at 20fps your console was outputting 60hz to your TV (50hz in some regions). The fps counter in the emulator is the output framerate. Not the internal framerate. That's why you get slowdown even if it's technically running at the correct framerate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious