• Replies 961
  • Likes 87

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the difference between injecting sysnand to emunand and cloning sysnand to emunand? Could tis be used to transfer saves from sysnand to an unlinked emunand without deleting all my stuff?
When you make an EmuNAND it is a clone of your SysNAND, with all your games, saves, etc. You likely should unlink it by formatting one, and if you want your games and saves on EmuNAND, use TinyFormat to format your SysNAND.

Burnered

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
but if I have had my emunand for a while and dont want to lose my emunand stuff could I use this to transfer the saves from my sysnand backup to emunand?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
uhm, i think i need a hand here.
i'm trying to setup my brothers o3ds and was about to make a nand backup before downgrading (from 10.3.0.28E i think).
so I'm starting menu hax, emunand9 is there in the list of files, but whenever i try to start it, it just gives me a red flashing bottom screen and resets back to hbl.

i'm pretty sure it should only be doing that when you start it from inside cfw. but seeing how i'm not yet downgrading or anything, i dont really know whats going on.

do i need more files than the 3dsx and the other file in 3ds/emunand9 folder?

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
i'm trying to setup my brothers o3ds and was about to make a nand backup before downgrading (from 10.3.0.28E i think).
so I'm starting menu hax, emunand9 is there in the list of files, but whenever i try to start it, it just gives me a red flashing bottom screen and resets back to hbl.

i'm pretty sure it should only be doing that when you start it from inside cfw. but seeing how i'm not yet downgrading or anything, i dont really know whats going on.

your 3ds sysnand must be <=9.2.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country

but i could swear i made a nand backup before downgrading last time i downgraded a 3ds.
any idea what could i have been using back then if it wasn't this?

As @Februarysn0w said, your sysnand MUST be on 9.2 or lower for Emunand9 to even boot or you'll just get what you did with the red screen and back to hbl.
This and Decrypt9 are special cases that simply WILL NOT boot on firmware above 9.2 atm.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As @Februarysn0w said, your sysnand MUST be on 9.2 or lower for Emunand9 to even boot or you'll just get what you did with the red screen and back to hbl.
This and Decrypt9 are special cases that simply WILL NOT boot on firmware above 9.2 atm.

got it. still, its going to drive me nuts, not knowing how i made that backup back then.

though, considering i dont have the skills to hardmod the 3ds anyways, it probably makes no difference anyways.
thanks for clearing that up for me

holofonoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, I have a question.
Due to a problem on my emuNAND, I cloned my sysNAND with almost nothing installed on it to my emuNAND, which had lots of games installed, almost filling my 32GB SD Card
Now my emuNAND works properly, but my 32GB SD Card is just as full as when my emuNAND had all my games installed.

are those games still "installed" somewhere? are there on a hidden partition on my card? Is there a way to delete them to have my SD Card space back?

Thanks a lot in advance

Last edited by holofonoro,

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I have a question.
Due to a problem on my emuNAND, I cloned my sysNAND with almost nothing installed on it to my emuNAND, which had lots of games installed, almost filling my 32GB SD Card
Now my emuNAND works properly, but my 32GB SD Card is just as full as when my emuNAND had all my games installed.

are those games still "installed" somewhere? are there on a hidden partition on my card? Is there a way to delete them to have my SD Card space back?

Thanks a lot in advance
Yep they're still hiding there in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder > look in there and find the biggest folder in there and that will be your old emunand folder.

holofonoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Yep they're still hiding there in the "Nintendo 3DS" folder > look in there and find the biggest folder in there and that will be your old emunand folder.

What can I do with it? can I get those games to show up again, or I'll just have to delete that folder and install all over again?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
What can I do with it? can I get those games to show up again, or I'll just have to delete that folder and install all over again?
Probably have to just delete it and start over unless you have a backup of your old emunand before it broke.
If you do have a backup however you can restore it and that folder will be used again as it will match emunand.

holofonoro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Probably have to just delete it and start over unless you have a backup of your old emunand before it broke.
If you do have a backup however you can restore it and that folder will be used again as it will match emunand.

Oh, then I'm screwed. No big problem though, I still have my CIAs
Thanks a lot for your help, and I'll remember to make a emuNAND backup once everything is set up

Ranomez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hi everyone, I just downgraded my new n3ds xl a few days ago and used this to create an emunand and also dump the sysnand and would like to ask (and I did search a lot before) if I can restore that nand.bin with a hardmod if I somehow manage to accidentally update my sysnand (or break things in a way that I can't boot it anymore, been playing with a few cias on the nand, mostly TWL and AGB firmwares)? I would think not but it's worth asking.
The reason I am asking this is that although I am able to do a hardmod I would much rather not if not needed thus I am unable to make a hardmod backup before. I do not actually need this if I update it accidentally while 10.5 is still the latest version since there is a way to downgrade that to 10.2 and then use sysupdater to once again downgrade to 9.2 but if I do that when the next version will be out that might not be so easy.
And if the nand.bin can not be restored as-is with a hardmod is there any way to modify/convert it in such a way that it could be restored using a hardmod?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, I just downgraded my new n3ds xl a few days ago and used this to create an emunand and also dump the sysnand and would like to ask (and I did search a lot before) if I can restore that nand.bin with a hardmod if I somehow manage to accidentally update my sysnand (or break things in a way that I can't boot it anymore, been playing with a few cias on the nand, mostly TWL and AGB firmwares)? I would think not but it's worth asking.
The reason I am asking this is that although I am able to do a hardmod I would much rather not if not needed thus I am unable to make a hardmod backup before. I do not actually need this if I update it accidentally while 10.5 is still the latest version since there is a way to downgrade that to 10.2 and then use sysupdater to once again downgrade to 9.2 but if I do that when the next version will be out that might not be so easy.
And if the nand.bin can not be restored as-is with a hardmod is there any way to modify/convert it in such a way that it could be restored using a hardmod?
Should be no reason you can't restore it with a hard mod, I've done it in the past so i see no reason it can't be done now.

Ranomez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Should be no reason you can't restore it with a hard mod, I've done it in the past so i see no reason it can't be done now.
Thank you!
I was thinking that the backup method (and resulting file, one being a raw img and the other one a bin file) is different and that's why I expected it not to work but as you have done it in the past could you give me a bit of information about how would I go about doing this myself?
Would I just use the Win32Disk Imager like in the normal case (does it even support .bin files, I can't find that on the internet and didn't have time to look in the source?) or would I need to use something else like linux dd or some other program to restore the nand.bin using a hardmod?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you!
I was thinking that the backup method (and resulting file, one being a raw img and the other one a bin file) is different and that's why I expected it not to work but as you have done it in the past could you give me a bit of information about how would I go about doing this myself?
Would I just use the Win32Disk Imager like in the normal case (does it even support .bin files, I can't find that on the internet and didn't have time to look in the source?) or would I need to use something else like linux dd or some other program to restore the nand.bin using a hardmod?
.bin .img doesn't matter what the extension is really. And yes you just use win32diskimager and when selecting the file to write click the drop down thing next to "Files of type:" and set it to the other option *.* and you'll see your .bin (and any other) files.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.bin .img doesn't matter what the extension is really. And yes you just use win32diskimager and when selecting the file to write click the drop down thing next to "Files of type:" and set it to the other option *.* and you'll see your .bin (and any other) files.
This, also make more than one copy of the file, since you can point it at your NAND.bin (or img or whatever) and then accidentally click "read" instead of "write" and that'll take the bricked NAND and put it in place of the backup (ask me how I know this)... Basically just be careful :)

Ranomez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

Thank you, now I am know that I can get back if I manage to get myself into a bad situation (just need to stop being lazy and actually do the hardmod if I do manage to)

This, also make more than one copy of the file, since you can point it at your NAND.bin (or img or whatever) and then accidentally click "read" instead of "write" and that'll take the bricked NAND and put it in place of the backup (ask me how I know this)... Basically just be careful :)

LOL! Well that does sound a lot like something I would do, thanks for the warning, I've uploaded my backup on cloud just to be safe. :)

Reactions: dark_samus3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, Mario Moonlight exists?