Homebrew [Release] FalconPuncher - Send CIA files to FBI via network

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@Joom Fair.

I understand your point. My internet contracted speed is 1 MBit/s, but it usually downloads at half that. It even uploads way slower. It took nearly 3 hours to upload the native EXE.

As I said, anyone is free to use the app they want. Just don't say something is bad just because of Java, please.

Last edited by Olmectron,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not saying that something made in Java is bad, I'm saying the framework itself is bad. Guess I should have made this a bit more clear.

pintcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The script needs to be rewritten, no way to make it work as it is right now.
And I assume this is not going to happen considering the state of inactivity here? Or is there any alternative way to make use of the FBI network on any non Windows system (preferably Linux)?

Nezha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I assume this is not going to happen considering the state of inactivity here? Or is there any alternative way to make use of the FBI network on any non Windows system (preferably Linux)?
Necromancy aside, FBI does have a QR reader if you can make use of that. If not, there is also Boop which is also hosted here on GBATemp, though I'm not terribly certain of Linux compatibility.

Ultimately, however, I'd recommend mayhaps FTPD for the 3DS. This will setup a server on your network that you can transfer files from your computer wirelessly as you would with any other computer in said network. Drag n' drop and all as far as my experience goes. I am unable to link things considering my account is still on some probation due to it being new, but I'm sure you'll find it by looking up "ftpd 3ds". The particular one I used can be found on GameBrew.

After transferring the files, presumably CIAs, you'll just go to FBI and install them as you usually would.

pintcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for the fast reply. I'm aware of Boop and it is Windows only. Emulation via Wine used to work (kind of), but isn't anymore. Don't ask me why. The QR scanner only works with valid URLs. So I assume the file in question has to be somewhere online? Or is there a way to stream the CIAs directly from your computer?
I'm also familiar with FTPD and use it every now and then in conjunction with FileZilla. Although this appears to be the most reliable way to put stuff on a 2DS/3DS, it is also the most complicated and time-consuming. I always try to avoid it especially for larger files.
Why did the script stop working anyway? Was it due to changes in later FBI versions? If so, is there an older version of FBI somewhere which is still compatible?

Nezha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the fast reply. I'm aware of Boop and it is Windows only. Emulation via Wine used to work (kind of), but isn't anymore. Don't ask me why. The QR scanner only works with valid URLs. So I assume the file in question has to be somewhere online? Or is there a way to stream the CIAs directly from your computer?
I'm also familiar with FTPD and use it every now and then in conjunction with FileZilla. Although this appears to be the most reliable way to put stuff on a 2DS/3DS, it is also the most complicated and time-consuming. I always try to avoid it especially for larger files.
Why did the script stop working anyway? Was it due to changes in later FBI versions? If so, is there an older version of FBI somewhere which is still compatible?
I'm not too knowledgeable about the actual specific infrastructure with 3DS, but it's probably fair to say that it's merely obsolescence. This program ceased to receive updates, however, it's dependencies likely continued to be updated well past that point, meaning that it probably doesn't know how to interact with these updated dependencies, be it them changing how they do things or how they're structured. This is especially possible if only because with the death of the 3DS announced, I've noticed the modders who still fiddle with the 3DS have grown far more emboldened as we don't need to worry about future official updates breaking homebrew or figuring ways to circumvent new security measures. While hypothetically it'd probably be possible to still use this if you lined up the old versions (both 3DS and whatever CFW you're using) it'd be a lot of extra effort you would eventually have to undo to take advantage of updated or new Homebrew.

I agree FTPD is definitely the most complicated and, sadly, error-prone. However, in terms of system blindness PC-side, I can't rightly say I know one. Assuming you just want to install CIA games or some injections, the one thing I can suggest is the hShop. It's an archive of games that were on or are meant to be played on the 3DS. They recently released a QR code that installs a pseudo-eshop with direct access to that archive.

I am unaware of GBAtemps regulations on potential piracy vs. archival records, so I'll refrain from posting outright the link. However, you will find what I mean by looking up "hshop erista 3hs" in your search engine of choice.

EDIT: You are also correct in that the QR code is a link to a direct download. I simply assumed/hoped there may be one offered for what you were trying to get. Also, I do not know how to get earlier versions. Most of what I'm saying is based on conjecture and personal experience.

I'm sorry for not being of more help. I'm a bit foreign to Linux these days.

pintcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That was a lot of help, thanx again for your reply. Luckily, I'm not stuck here at all. Just looking for a more convenient way to handle things. I will keep my eyes open...

Reactions: Nezha

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That was a lot of help, thanx again for your reply. Luckily, I'm not stuck here at all. Just looking for a more convenient way to handle things. I will keep my eyes open...
Using the network install on the latest FBI versions, you can simply create a local Http Server on Linux and host there your CIA files. For example, using Python:

python -m http.server 8080

Here are the docs:
https://docs.python.org/3/library/http.server.html

Then, copy and paste the URLs manually or create QR codes from them and scan them with using FBI in your 3DS.

There's no need for specific apps for doing this anymore since it's very easy to create a virtual server on Linux, and even on Windows, and the latest FBI versions support network installs through those virtual servers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...