Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I present to you my vision of FreeShop on PSP:
FREESTOR
logo1.png

This app allows download and install PSP .pkg games directly via WiFi, without PC.
Download : https://github.com/GorGylka/FREESTOR
-use LTrigger / Rtrigger / Dpad Up / Dpad Down to choose the game, to choose sorting method, Press X to install the game
-PSP Wifi Does not support new Encryption Standarts, so to use it, change Wifi encryption from WPA2-PSK to WPA-PSK , WEP or just disable password in your wifi router settings
-Maximum download speed is about 500-600kb/s due to outdated PSP Wifi module. Downloading and installing a 900MB game takes approximately 1 hour
-PSP Street not supported at all
FREESHOP is under active development, but the main functions are already working.

Whats NEW:
v0.012 -PSP Go Support, Broken Japanese/ASIA game names fixed
v0.011 -One app for everything. No more need to run Game_installer to install.
v0.010 -Download speed increased from 250 kb to 450-550 kb/s. Loading faster by 55%! (Thanks to RealYoti)
v0.004 -Added PS1 Library

Last edited by GorGylka,

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've installed it in a Psp 2000 ARK4 and it works perfectly! The only bug I have noticed is some japanese games titles appeared as gibberish.

Reactions: GorGylka

GorGylka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've installed it in a Psp 2000 ARK4 and it works perfectly! The only bug I have noticed is some japanese games titles appeared as gibberish.
thanks for testing, good to know that is works on other firmware.
also, v0.002 is completely broken :D (it everytime downloading Luxor, no matter you choose), download new release

reha

Long Live the Machine
Trophies
Website
reha.zc.al
XP
Country
Turkey
This looks very interesting! Nice job! I would love to participate to translation if you ever plan to add language support!!
(*゚▽゚)ノ

GorGylka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
This looks very interesting! Nice job! I would love to participate to translation if you ever plan to add language support!!
(*゚▽゚)ノ
i think the quickiest fix to solve the problem with garbage instead of Japanese characters is transtale it to romaji manually, cause in standard psp_sdk does not have this characters.
not the prettiest way , but definitely working

Reactions: Tarmfot

RHOPKINS13

Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While this doesn't contain any pirated files, it does contain files with links for every PSP game from Sony's servers. I'm kinda surprised this is being allowed here, or on GitHub. It would seem to me like it would have to do something different, like how the 3DS freeshop didn't include any pirated content, but needed title keys (which were commonly loaded from a separate website) in order to work. I could be wrong, but this appears to be a very similar situation.

GorGylka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
While this doesn't contain any pirated files, it does contain files with links for every PSP game from Sony's servers. I'm kinda surprised this is being allowed here, or on GitHub. It would seem to me like it would have to do something different, like how the 3DS freeshop didn't include any pirated content, but needed title keys (which were commonly loaded from a separate website) in order to work. I could be wrong, but this appears to be a very similar situation.
in fact, I'm just too lazy to do sorting using the PSP Specs and C language, it was much easier for me to do it beforehand in excel. if Sony block it on github, I'll re-made it without tsv tables, but it seems that Sony doesn't care about PSP at all

V800

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I've tried it with PSP 1000 ARk-4 and it works too!
However, I'd like to report a couple of issues:
- The depackager app has a typo: it appears as !Game Installer in the XMB
- The new release keeps downloading the game present in url.txt (in this case, Luxor). If you erase url.txt, the app halts after connecting to network.

GorGylka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've tried it with PSP 1000 ARk-4 and it works too!
However, I'd like to report a couple of issues:
- The depackager app has a typo: it appears as !Game Installer in the XMB
- The new release keeps downloading the game present in url.txt (in this case, Luxor). If you erase url.txt, the app halts after connecting to network.
Great!
-I know that the application is named with an exclamation mark at the beginning. I tried to make it the first one in the standard sort. I don't understand how PSP sorts games by default,i will fix it in new release.
- I fixed a bug with loading one game in version 0.003. checked on 0.004-everything works fine

Last edited by GorGylka,
Reactions: V800 and xFlesk

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This app looks pretty great, except that it doesn't support ef0:\ pathnames. While I have a memory stick in my Go, it would be a big improvement to allow the user of a Go to decide what drive to install to.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
set up a mobile wifi router with no wpa2 using your phone ;)

ps
what a great app it can be ;) keep up a good work
having a separate app for games installation is a little pain :D

And @slaphappygamer Would one of you guys tell me how to do that? [PSP 3001, SAMSUNG A02a] Send answer to my page please. Greatly appreciated :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto