• Start date
  • Views 310,764
  • Replies 1,143
  • Likes 105
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Officially Licensed Titles Injected in Health & Safety using GodMode9 v1.6.3 built-in H&S injector.
Disabled SaveData Hex Edited with 00 at Offset 0x1C2 in extheader.bin

Name:
3D Streets of Rage
Size: 13.86 MB
Title ID: 00040000/000DA100
Region: North America
Product ID: CTR-N-JRAE
Result: SUCCESSsave12.bin and save8.bin on the root of SD card

Name: Shovel Knight – Treasure Trove
Size: 135.67 MB
Title ID: 00040000/00119A00
Product ID: CTR-N-JK8E
Result: SEMI-SUCCESS – runs but no persistent saves after exiting

Name: Mighty Gunvolt Burst
Size: 12.99 MB
Title ID: 00040000/001C7700
Product ID: CTR-N-J2VE

Name: Pilotwings Resort
Size: 92.03 MB
Title ID: 00040000/00031C00
Product ID: CTR-P-AWAE

2011_01_03_03_03_44_504_top.png

Name: Steel Diver
Size: 170.62 MB
Title ID: 00040000/00032400
Product ID: CTR-P-ASDE

2011_01_03_02_59_32_467_top.png

Name: Nano Assault EX
Size: 121.97 MB
Title ID: 00040000/000B9E00
Product ID: CTR-N-JNAE
Result: FAILED - generic

20180411_222132.png

Name: Cave Story
Size: 40.48 MB
Title ID: 00040000/0009B300
Product ID: CTR-N-JD9E
Result: FAILED – ARM 11 crash

20180411_222621.png

Name: Farming Simulator 18
Size: 81.52 MB
Title ID: 00040000/001B7900
Product ID: CTR-P-A8FE
Result: FAILED – blank screen

Name: Mario and Donkey Kong - Minis on the Move
Size: 52.25 MB
Title ID: 00040000/000C9D00
Product ID: CTR-N-JB7E
Result: FAILED – Checking save data… > generic

2011_01_03_03_11_01_317_bot.png

20180411_235351.png

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: GilgameshArcher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thank you @TurdPooCharger - I think the best course of action in GM9 is just to set the save size to zero. Injecting commercial stuff is not recommended anyways, so that's one thing the user has to deal with. I like the experimentation, though, tbh, I never intended to push H&S injection that far.
I'm likely following suit with that idea, too. The biggest concern before implementing disabled SaveData was whether inoperable injections would cause bricks. It's not a guarantee for every injection case, but disabled SaveData for titles that need them as nonzero seem to pose no risk when they crash, to the best of our current understanding. I considered the idea of a white list in case that panned out differently...

Btw, that homebrew white list script is looking bad in terms of coding flexibility. The current revision demonstrating fget and fset went overboard adding ALL the titledb.com lookup information.

I'll post it later on the GM9 scripts megathread under general idea/educational purposes once those commands are evaluated to function within expected parameters (still on this part). I'll probably back port a stripped down version of this white list script for the next injection script update.

Btw, did you read about my last injection script update on the script megathread? I took your H&S injection one step further (not the ARM9 TitleID fix). Muhaha!

Reactions: d0k3

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm likely following suit with that idea, too. The biggest concern before implementing disabled SaveData was whether inoperable injections would cause bricks. It's not a guarantee for every injection case, but disabled SaveData for titles that need them as nonzero seem to pose no risk when they crash, to the best of our current understanding. I considered the idea of a white list in case that panned out differently...

Btw, that homebrew white list script is looking bad in terms of coding flexibility. The current revision demonstrating fget and fset went overboard adding ALL the titledb.com lookup information.

I'll post it later on the GM9 scripts megathread under general idea/educational purposes once those commands are evaluated to function within expected parameters (still on this part). I'll probably back port a stripped down version of this white list script for the next injection script update.

Btw, did you read about my last injection script update on the script megathread? I took your H&S injection one step further (not the ARM9 TitleID fix). Muhaha!
I've seen it - always appreciate when scripting is put to good use :).

As for the H&S fix, a remark. The value your looking to replace is not a u8 (8bit, byte) at 0x1C2, it's a u64 at 0x1C0. In most cases, everything but 0x1C2 will already be zero, but sometimes that may not be the case.

Last edited by d0k3,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Alright, we got a new release. See the usual place for the download. This is new:
  • [new] NANDmanager.gm9 script by @MadScript77 - replaces the old NAND backup / restore scripts
  • [new] GM9Megascript.gm9 script by @annson24 included in the official repo
  • [new] Trimmer tool for FIRMs, NAND images, NDS images, NCCH and NCSD
  • [new] SD formatter tool can now set up multi RedNANDs
  • [improved] Faster SD read / write speeds, courtesy of @profi200's new sdmmc.c driver
  • [improved] Cleaned up internal readme (thanks @DMSalesman)
  • [fixed] Dumping DLCs to CIA (thanks @Steveice10)
  • [fixed] Don't copy card2 savedata when dumping card2 cartridges
  • [fixed] Added a workaround for handling SHIFT-JIS in mounted NDS images
  • [fixed] A whole batch of minor fixes, a lot of them thanks to @windows-server-2003
  • [scripting] support for ips, bps, bpm patches via applyips, applybps, applybpm commands (thanks @Hyarion-SS!)
  • [scripting] fget and fset commands (to read / write bytes from a file)
  • [scripting] sdump command (allows dumping encTitleKeys.bin, decTitleKeys.bin, seeddb.bin
  • [scripting] keychk command (to allow checking for user input)
  • [scripting] nextemu command and EMUBASE env var (allows checking and setting the current EmuNAND
  • [scripting] labelsel -k allows jumping to labels via a keypress

Last edited by d0k3,

jese101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
question about updating do i merge the new gm9 folder to the existing one or do i delete the old gm9 scripts folder and add the new version only?

Last edited by jese101,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@d0k3 Sorry to bother you, but how do you load gm9 scripts from CTRNAND?
I set up GM9 and Luma just fine from CTRTNAND, I can boot GM9 without any problems, but it can't find my scripts.
They are located in CTRNAND - rw - gm9 - scripts
Any ideas?

Edit: Fixed, it has to be in the root of the nand, along with boot.firm, not in the rw folder.
CTRNAND -> gm9 -> scripts -> *.gm9 files

Last edited by Asia81, , Reason: q
Reactions: KuroGentei

junaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
New to the scene so correct me if i'm wrong but every gamecart has unique private headers.
As i understand these headers can be included in CIA dumps and as far as online play/banning is concerned i'm good as long as i don't share my dumps.
Is this correct?

If so im trying to dump my copy of Animal crossing new leaf by doing:
[C:] GAMECART > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_v00.3ds > NCSD Image options > Build CIA from file.

Will the resulting CIA file have private headers included and i'm all set to install it and play online or do i have to fiddle with them manually?

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New to the scene so correct me if i'm wrong but every gamecart has unique private headers.
As i understand these headers can be included in CIA dumps and as far as online play/banning is concerned i'm good as long as i don't share my dumps.
Is this correct?

If so im trying to dump my copy of Animal crossing new leaf by doing:
[C:] GAMECART > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx_v00.3ds > NCSD Image options > Build CIA from file.

Will the resulting CIA file have private headers included and i'm all set to install it and play online or do i have to fiddle with them manually?
Private headers aren't included with CIAs or installed titles. On 3DS, that's a thing that's only present on cartridges.

Do note that installed titles do have tickets. Non-legit CIAs will have invalid tickets, which is ignored by CFW, but as of 11.8, invalid tickets are checked if you attempt to download a title. This doesn't affect anything significantly right now, other than FreeShop in sleep mode, and I suppose eShop's "Repair" function.

junaru

Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
@GerbilSoft thanks for clarification.
I cant find the PM function on these forums so pardon me for posting in this thread but i have two final questions left:
as of 11.8, invalid tickets are checked if you attempt to download a title. This doesn't affect anything significantly right now, other than FreeShop in sleep mode, and I suppose eShop's "Repair" function.
1) If gamecart gets dumped as CIA, installed and then an update to a game becomes available on eShop, will eShop check for tickets when downloading this update? (Not DLC, not full game, just an update)
2) Are these tickets checked when your try multiplayer mode in your games or are these checks solely done when requesting (re)downloads from the eShop?

P.S. i dont have freeshop so i'm more concerned about original nintendo software flaging and baning me due to going online/downloading an update through it.

Thanks again.

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@GerbilSoft thanks for clarification.
I cant find the PM function on these forums so pardon me for posting in this thread but i have two final questions left:

1) If gamecart gets dumped as CIA, installed and then an update to a game becomes available on eShop, will eShop check for tickets when downloading this update? (Not DLC, not full game, just an update)
2) Are these tickets checked when your try multiplayer mode in your games or are these checks solely done when requesting (re)downloads from the eShop?

P.S. i dont have freeshop so i'm more concerned about original nintendo software flaging and baning me due to going online/downloading an update through it.

Thanks again.
On 3DS, updates are considered separate titles with their own tickets. If you download the update directly from eShop without installing an update CIA, that shouldn't be a problem.

Online multiplayer is not *currently* checked as far as I know, but this could change in future updates.

Reactions: junaru

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with...