[Release] Luminous Arc 3 English Patch

Luminous Arc 3 English rom xmas gift.jpg

You will find the Luminous Arc 3 full-translation English patch v.1.0 attached to this post.

The tool for patching can be downloaded from here: https://www.romhacking.net/utilities/704/
CRC-32 of the original Japanese rom: 848822fd
CRC-32 of the successfully patched English rom: caec12b5

There is still room for improvement in terms of quality of the translation, but since we didn't encounter any serious problems with the rom, we want to keep the word about the release "by the end of the year".

If you need help with patching / want to talk about the game / want to help us improve the future versions of the translation / want to try Multiplayer - join our Discord server: https://discord.gg/QN2mcfskWG

Speaking of which... This patch features fully-translated Online/Multiplayer mode, tested to be fully functional!
(if configured with Wiimmfi Network; here's the guide: https://luminousarc.fandom.com/wiki/Multiplayer)
Multiplayer Lemono Coast.png

Credits
Plasturion - romhacking / tools development
Jaumander - graphics editor
Asakura - graphics hacking
Buster Gundo - proofreading
CheshireCat - machine translator operator

Honorable mentions
Yukiwa-kun - for all the assets and ideas we reused from his unfinished translation
Cuc - the author of the "Luminous Arc 3: Eyes – Intermission Guide" which was very helpful in this translation https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ds/971291-luminous-arc-3-eyes/faqs/58746
Micah - the original poster of the LA3 translation thread on gbatemp.net forum, who helped us in making first steps in the translation
And all other people who helped and supported the creation of this translation in any constructive way.

Disclaimer: this translation was made with the use of machine translators (mostly DeepL and Google Translate) and some romaji skills acquired through watching too much anime.

Attachments

• Luminous Arc 3 English patch v.1.0.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 227

plasturion

temporary hermit
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think since I created the tools I think I can give my opinion on the game.
As I like algorithms, the main goal was to create something that works in a interesting way, and I'm glad that I managed to meet this challenge. As I am neither the author of this game, nor the translator, nor did I know the story, but I somehow contributed to this image of game i didn't know, which was created by someone else and is what it is, it seems to me that I deserve my own explanation and opinion.

Regarding the plot we start the story at a rather interesting moment. We meet a person who has a passion for being a doctor, helping others, Lily - a very positive character who we say goodbye to in an unpleasant way quite quickly. As I don't particularly like that kind of violence in games, but I have seen an appropriate reaction from the main character Levi and a lack of indifference to this injustice done by the forces of darkness and the assuming that the game must end well, I decided to give it a chance. Despite the strengths that this game undoubtedly has, and all those indecent eroge moments, which the authors could spare, there is something in particular that does not allow me to pass by this title indifferently. It's about exposing the brutality on Miria and its nonsense. Why did the autorhs do this? This completely sick demonic concept is unacceptable and disgusting and personally I'm glad that Atlus didn't publish this game even if there was such a possibility. I think this completely messed with the rating and reception.

We are dealing with a world of magic, kind of demons, witches and in fact it is not only a fantasy. What is more fictional is the fact that it was set in kind of deistic world. It mixed and messed up what is good or bad. This always leads to misunderstandings, absurdities, unnecessary disappointments, and in the worst case self-deintegration or self-destruction. Personally I felt disgust on the level of profanity and I apologize if anyone felt this kind of unnecessary discomfort. And to those who the game caused unexpected positive emotions at times when they shouldn't have, I also apologize and remember in prayer. I was curious about someone's point of view and hoped for a completely different, more sensible ending and a different development of the plot, some more reflection, taking better chances, meet with someone who actually can help out and taking a completely different better path and finally defeating an evil creature standing all above of this fakery. I cheered for the characters to some extent, it's not that there weren't valuable moments where the truth dominated, there were moments of happiness, but it turned out that even though there was a glimmer of hope, the further you went the more you couldn't see anything.

zyraxeer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Been waiting for a translation of this game for ages! Thanks for all your hardwork! Keep on keeping on :D

On a side note, if anyone could please let me know how to perform this wonderful patch, I would greatly appreciate it!

Reactions: LuminousCat

ggus123

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I played the first two titles and the second one is among my favorite SRPGs, I am really thankful for the work the translation team has done, you all are amazing.

Last edited by ggus123,

hanillust

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
I have never used this website before but after having spent over half a year repeatedly playing this gem of a game, over 500+ hours of gametime, all character endings, 100% completion rate and thinking of trying New Game+ with hard mode... I just had to drop by to thank the people who made all this possible. LA3 is literally my favourite game now and I'm so grateful for all the hard work you all put into it! Never did I think that by me just randomly browsing cdromance for new roms would I stumble upon this gem.

The translation is quite fantastic, it really brings the personalities of the characters across! Thank you so much again :D

mbreen22

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you so much for this. This series was a huge part of my childhood and I followed updates about translations for years. It's amazing that it is finally done. Well done to everyone involved.

Rosalia_Rossellinni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just found the news about this, I have wanted to play it since I was in high school, there were clips of someone translating it, but I think it was dropped, thanks a lot. Truly. I really like this saga. Sadie best girl. Fatima forever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably not I got cross play friends