Status
Not open for further replies.

lallilulelo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Is it possible to add as a feature horizontal reading on a future update? I mean holding the 3ds sideways as in Hotel Dusk or Rythm Heaven where you held the DS like a book. I don't know how complicated that might be but I would love to use that feature!

D

Deleted User

OP
New version is out.

*Removes green bar part of the green bar when using old 3ds to maintain frame rate.
  • Less confusing file selector.
  • Removed option for dpad to switch pages.
  • Removed ability to type in your own prefix.
  • Removed touch screen page moving. Whoops.
  • File format and pointless zeros are now automatically detected.
  • Code was completely rewritten.
  • When entering a folder that contains chapters for a manga you've viewed before, you'll automatically select the last chapter you viewed.
  • Number keypad which uses the touch screen.
  • Hold L in file selector for quick movement.
  • You can now press left or right to switch the chapter number on the download menu.
  • Oh, looks like the program freezes if you enter an invalid manga name. Remind me to fix that. I already built the 3dsx and cia, so I don't feel like fixing it right now.
  • Removed c-stick and touchscreen movement, whoops.
Maybe I released this too early, there was some things I forgot to put back in. Just post here if you actually want me to put back in any of those features.

Now that I rewrote the code, I can actually add more stuff because the code isn't as bad anymore.

Is it possible to add as a feature horizontal reading on a future update? I mean holding the 3ds sideways as in Hotel Dusk or Rythm Heaven where you held the DS like a book. I don't know how complicated that might be but I would love to use that feature!

I think it would be possible if I was a good programmer and knew how to program in C. But I don't.

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@MyLegGuy A suggestion for later updates: you could upload the CIA file on its own, so that we could use the QR installation feature of FBI.

Thank you for the new version. (despite the hour bar and touch slide removal, the auto-detection of zeros is worth it *_*)

Queen of SoS

Story of Seasons Queen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay every time i load a manga on the cia version it always makes me jump back to the title screen after the 5th or 6th page.
is it suppose to do that? Does this have a limit of have many images you can have.

D

Deleted User

OP
If only there was a better method so people could stop using this horrible application I've made.

Okay every time i load a manga on the cia version it always makes me jump back to the title screen after the 5th or 6th page.
is it suppose to do that? Does this have a limit of have many images you can have.

There's no limit. Check your file names. The only reason it would jump back to the title screen when going to the next page is if the next page file isn't found. Each image needs to use the same image format and have the same number of pointless zeros.

SushiKing

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can anyone please be kind enough and post a picture of what this looks like on the N3ds?

I would love to read Berserk and One Piece but not sure what it will look like on it.

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@MyLegGuy

Do you know why those images (and some other double page scans) stop the file reading while others of the same dimensions (or slightly larger) pass without problem.

If only there was a better method so people could stop using this horrible application I've made.
Why are you judging your program so badly? It became interesting very fast.

Can it download multiple chapters at once?
Negative.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by AyanamiRei,

havefeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had this happen several times now, while attempting to read a doujin, and I'm pretty sure it's all the same format, the next page is all wonky; it either has the previous page, but mirrored in every way except colour, and then the app crashes without giving an error. I'm reading on an O3DS, and using a copy of this downloaded and installed from Homebr3w. I hope that's not the cause of the issues.

As a side question, does this app include a reader for PNG files as well?

D

Deleted User

OP
I've had this happen several times now, while attempting to read a doujin, and I'm pretty sure it's all the same format, the next page is all wonky; it either has the previous page, but mirrored in every way except colour, and then the app crashes without giving an error. I'm reading on an O3DS, and using a copy of this downloaded and installed from Homebr3w. I hope that's not the cause of the issues.
Wow, that sure is a weird error. I've never seen that before.
Anyway, I don't know what the issue is. Sorry.

As a side question, does this app include a reader for PNG files as well?
Yes, it does. I don't recommend using PNG files because they're slow and stuff.

havefeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I may have figured it out. in that same folder, there's an image with a name with 2 page numbers. I think it may have messed up trying to read that, but I can't confirm for sure. Also, is there any way you can code it to just ignore names and just look at the numbers instead? I have some older doujinshi that I really don't want to spend an hour renaming the files of, just so that the 'brew will read them properly.

I asked about PNG because a number of the "manga" I have are in PNG format. I have no way of changing that.

D

Deleted User

OP
I think I may have figured it out. in that same folder, there's an image with a name with 2 page numbers.

Also, is there any way you can code it to just ignore names and just look at the numbers instead?

I asked about PNG because a number of the "manga" I have are in PNG format. I have no way of changing that.

Can you give an example of what you mean with the file names?

Also, tons of PNGs can be converted to JPEGs at once with programs like format factory.

havefeith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Basically, some of the old stuff has the name of the manga, usually with underscores, and then the page numbers. So I'd want it to ignore everything but the numbers. Not sure how you'd do that in code, but I do know it can be done.

D

Deleted User

OP
Basically, some of the old stuff has the name of the manga, usually with underscores, and then the page numbers. So I'd want it to ignore everything but the numbers. Not sure how you'd do that in code, but I do know it can be done.

Because this program I made is terrible, it already ignores any file with a name that isn't only numbers.
One thing I think you should try is actually looking at your images on your computer. Maybe the actual files are corrupted?

I don't know how to fix your problem because I doubt it's my fault.
This uses a program named lpp-3ds which does the image loading and stuff.
Please don't bug Rinnegatamante.

Sorry I couldn't help.

how come it keeps kicking me to the title screen when i turn a page? help me please.
The program does that when it thinks you've reached the last page.
Take note of which page you're on before it kicks you back to the title by pressing X to look at the bottom bar.
Make sure that the next page file exists and it has the same file extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: back to MH rise