Hacking [Release] NTR CFW 2.0 for New 3DS

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan to import a JPN N3DS within the next few weeks and I've heard it comes with 9.0.0, I don't know if that is true but if so is there any way to get to 9.1 or 9.2?

Link'sSpiritualAwakening

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan to import a JPN N3DS within the next few weeks and I've heard it comes with 9.0.0, I don't know if that is true but if so is there any way to get to 9.1 or 9.2?

At this late stage in the game, I wouldn't bet on all N3ds to be <9.2. Maybe if you look for an obscure seller who hasnt moved out their old stock youll have luck.

Reactions: AkiraCast

Wengier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Region-free is already available for old 3DS with Regionthree, but not yet (non-Japan) New 3DS consoles (except if you have a Gateway).

Sizednochi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You know, Gateway has probably made more money already than quite a few games people use their carts to pirate. Specially Indie games, and that's sad. This is why I think a free piracy method wouldn't be that bad at all. At least nobody using that would be giving money to pirates. I like supporting my hobby, and generally don't give a damn if people pirate or not, but the thing that really gets me in the 3DS warez scene is the fact there's a company making a big buck out of this with public exploits and a DRM device. But to each their own.

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, my statement about not being capable of a developing such a project was very broad and general, so I apologize if I struck a nerve. That said, no, I don't believe there's a problem with constructive criticism, but I must've missed it in your entitled rant about the morals of piracy. As for requiring a Japanese N3DS, if you read the first post you'd note that other regions and O3DS support are planned. My point is that it's already decided that the feaures you want aren't going to make it, so why beat a dead horse with this tired argument? Also, take it down a notch, yeah? You've cajones, I get it.

That said, I'm sorry for derailing this thread, so I'll refrain from engaging in any further arguments or debates of the sort. I appreciate the efforts here, and between KARL3DS and NTR, I can't wait. :)

Are decisions of the mind etched in stone? Just because you see everything in black and white, that means everyone does? Is it not possible for someone to change their viewpoint if they're presented a convincing argument? It may or may not work. But as far as I'm concerned, it's worth a shot. Why not attempt to present a viewpoint that rarely gets expressed these days? Tired argument? Maybe that's all the truth is for you, but not for me.

Entitled? Really? You want to go there? I've probably bought more games than you have. I support the developers. When I like something, I buy the original. When there is an original. Thanks to Steam, more often than not the scene ISO doesn't have a retail DVD counterpart anymore. I was genuinely disappointed to learn that retail boxes containing Torchlight 2 and Ys in English do not exist. And I refuse to buy worthless files from Steam, or even create an account. It would give the appearance that I'm on board with what they're trying to do -- turn ownership of your purchases into a dead concept. Never happening.

You're obviously new here. Most people that have been here a while are used to my pro-capitalism, pro-free-markets, anti-copyright, anti-patent statements. My opinions will rattle your cage if you're new to them I guess, because all your life you've had the "intellectual property" lie crammed down your throat. Andrew Jackson debunked that myth over a century ago. That oxymoron isn't even in our copyright laws. For one thing, copyright laws only apply to corporate for-profit use. I am not a corporate entity, and I am not selling what I download for money. Personal use is not and has never been illegal. These evil developers that want to use owning a copyright as an excuse to violate your rights, especially your rights to fair use and privacy, are the ones that are wrong. Most developers actually know that wrongfully demonized personal use is good and healthy. Back when the PS3 was stuck on CFW 3.55, there were a lot of game patches that came out that made games playable on CFW. It wasn't a coincidence. They know it helps their sales. They encourage it privately while talking out the other side of their mouth publicly to get sympathy purchases.

The fact you use the term "piracy" shows that you really don't understand copyright law at all. Like I said, "intellectual property" isn't in our copyright laws. They do not wrongfully state that ideas can be property. They grant an artificial right to give people an incentive to create works. However, they are having the opposite of the intended effect. So, being an artificial right that is not serving its purpose, not a natural right, it is time for it to be taken away. Microsoft abusing copyright law to create an artificial operating system monopoly goes against the very spirit of a law that was supposed to encourage innovation. Protecting your right to draw a mouse while thousands of films oxidize to nothingness instead of being properly preserved by keeping them out of the public domain indefinitely was not what these laws were intended for. The intended purpose has failed. What we have is not more innovation. What we have is a financial mine field for anyone that even wants to try to innovate. It's time to move on from this irrationally selfish notion that an idea can be yours. No it can't. If you can think of it, so can someone else. The patent office would be an empty place if this were not the case.

I take offense at the very use of the term "piracy". No one's being murdered for their possessions, or being made to walk the plank. Nothing is even being stolen. Does a cart disappear off Wal-Mart's shelf when a game gets downloaded? No. Can these files be resold? No. Are PDFs from RPG Drive-Thru resellable on e-bay? No. My real "Arcana Evolved" and "d20 World Of Darkness" have real value, on the other hand. Would anyone buy MP3s of Megadeth's "Super Collider" from me, even if I was allowed to sell MP3s (not that I would purchase lossy crap)? No. Would I get bids on e-bay if I put my signed CD on there? Yes. The information must be given physicality of a limited nature to have a true value. Infinite supply, zero demand. Would you call me a thief if I printed a gun with a 3D printer? No (at least not to my face ;) ). Then why would you do so when I burn my own CDs and DVDs? It's mechanically the same thing. Surely you're not suggesting I'm paying less for blank CDs than the record companies that mass stamp them. I can't make them for less than they can. If I'm saving any money, the RIAA is gouging. Now, the MPAA keeps their prices reasonable, by comparison, and there really isn't much, if anything, to be saved by downloading a Blu-Ray.

You want me to take it down a notch? I don't think you realize that, considering I'm replying to someone who keeps repeatedly and ignorantly calling me a thief, I already have taken it down several notches. You want me to calm down, quit making blind assumptions, like accusing everyone that requests a specific feature of being a criminal. Are you psychic? Can you know my intent? No. Using inflammatory statements like "entitled rant about the morals of piracy" is how you start a fight, not how you get people to calm down. If that was not your intent all along, then you really need to work on your communication skills.

I've read the first post. The key word is "planned". What is is. What is planned isn't. The future holds no certainties. Soon is a rather vague term, as some people have discovered the hard way. It's not here until it is. As for the Old 3DS, why bother? Gateway has won in the original 3DS arena. You're not going to level the playing field for Sky3DS there, it's already lost, the original MSet exploit is easy and hassle free. The swap needed by the N3DS GW exploit has given Sky an advantage there (if they were to add a back button to the cart, they'd probably be guaranteed a win). That is where an independent EmuNAND is going to have an impact. Even for the cheap-asses that refuse to spend money to unlock their device, this will be up against Palatine, PBT, MT Loader, and rxTools. Unless it can bring something unique that those don't already offer, no need to reinvent the wheel.

KARL3DS? Really? :rofl2: At least this and OSKA have a release. But at this rate, rxTools is still going to stomp all 3. Still, to each their own. I can't imagine what you might be waiting for, but, I hope it's worth it for you. I have region free already. I did for the most part even before Gateway's exploit hit, since I already had an Australian N3DS since December and picked up a US N3DS on release day. I've been enjoying the N3DS since the end of December. Apparently almost everyone else has been waiting in misery (well, going by their posts, they sure seemed miserable anyway) while I was playing games and homebrew. So, all that waiting, you can have it. It seems overrated to me.

Well, if you were getting a US model, there's the Smash Bros. Rev01 cart. It would surprise me if something with 9.2 for the other regions doesn't emerge sooner or later (I'd like to take my Australian unit to 9.2 myself, like I have the US one, I'm not aware of any major differences between 9.0 and 9.2, but minor bug fixes are always welcome if available of course).

boomie0123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just remember kids, it still runs the native region.

JPN Region > No US eshop > No game updates > No online play for several games (Smash, Monster Hunter, Pokemon, etc etc)

But if you don't care about online, all the more power to you!

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you were getting a US model, there's the Smash Bros. Rev01 cart. It would surprise me if something with 9.2 for the other regions doesn't emerge sooner or later (I'd like to take my Australian unit to 9.2 myself, like I have the US one, I'm not aware of any major differences between 9.0 and 9.2, but minor bug fixes are always welcome if available of course).
Europe/Australia has Cooking Mama Bon Appetit for getting the 9.2.0 update.

Reactions: Margen67

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Europe/Australia has Cooking Mama Bon Appetit for getting the 9.2.0 update.

Yeah, I checked the list and realized that a bit later. Must have missed the announcement. Updated the the Austalian unit once I realized that. Well, at least there is a game for getting to 9.0J. Should help those that were previously stuck on 8.1.

Not so much a priority for me as finding a Spider exploit that can launch Palantine CFW atm, because if I could boot that from 9.2, I think that would resolve the 6.x save issue.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah, I checked the list and realized that a bit later. Must have missed the announcement. Updated the the Austalian unit once I realized that. Well, at least there is a game for getting to 9.0J. Should help those that were previously stuck on 8.1.
Afaik there is no 9.0-9.2.0 J games released yet, the ones on essh are eshop titles and they don't come with title updates so they just list them with whatever the FW requirement is when it was released

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The original NTR was based on the GW launcher, which already had FW spoofing. I wouldn't take it for granted if this one uses original code.
Okay, cool. So as long as it doesn't require ARM9 kernel access to implement spoofing, it should be doable.

They did after all achieve region free on their own this time.

To be fair, they may have already enabled firmware spoofing. There's no way of knowing because there's no games that require you to be above 9.2.

waiting for support new3ds --> fw 9.4.0-20J Pleased:bow:
Bad news bahamut old chap, not going to happen. Not via this setup anyhow.

cell9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Are decisions of the mind etched in stone? Just because you see everything in black and white, that means everyone does? Is it not possible for someone to change their viewpoint if they're presented a convincing argument? It may or may not work. But as far as I'm concerned, it's worth a shot. Why not attempt to present a viewpoint that rarely gets expressed these days? Tired argument? Maybe that's all the truth is for you, but not for me.

Entitled? Really? You want to go there? I've probably bought more games than you have. I support the developers. When I like something, I buy the original. When there is an original. Thanks to Steam, more often than not the scene ISO doesn't have a retail DVD counterpart anymore. I was genuinely disappointed to learn that retail boxes containing Torchlight 2 and Ys in English do not exist. And I refuse to buy worthless files from Steam, or even create an account. It would give the appearance that I'm on board with what they're trying to do -- turn ownership of your purchases into a dead concept. Never happening.

You're obviously new here. Most people that have been here a while are used to my pro-capitalism, pro-free-markets, anti-copyright, anti-patent statements. My opinions will rattle your cage if you're new to them I guess, because all your life you've had the "intellectual property" lie crammed down your throat. Andrew Jackson debunked that myth over a century ago. That oxymoron isn't even in our copyright laws. For one thing, copyright laws only apply to corporate for-profit use. I am not a corporate entity, and I am not selling what I download for money. Personal use is not and has never been illegal. These evil developers that want to use owning a copyright as an excuse to violate your rights, especially your rights to fair use and privacy, are the ones that are wrong. Most developers actually know that wrongfully demonized personal use is good and healthy. Back when the PS3 was stuck on CFW 3.55, there were a lot of game patches that came out that made games playable on CFW. It wasn't a coincidence. They know it helps their sales. They encourage it privately while talking out the other side of their mouth publicly to get sympathy purchases.

The fact you use the term "piracy" shows that you really don't understand copyright law at all. Like I said, "intellectual property" isn't in our copyright laws. They do not wrongfully state that ideas can be property. They grant an artificial right to give people an incentive to create works. However, they are having the opposite of the intended effect. So, being an artificial right that is not serving its purpose, not a natural right, it is time for it to be taken away. Microsoft abusing copyright law to create an artificial operating system monopoly goes against the very spirit of a law that was supposed to encourage innovation. Protecting your right to draw a mouse while thousands of films oxidize to nothingness instead of being properly preserved by keeping them out of the public domain indefinitely was not what these laws were intended for. The intended purpose has failed. What we have is not more innovation. What we have is a financial mine field for anyone that even wants to try to innovate. It's time to move on from this irrationally selfish notion that an idea can be yours. No it can't. If you can think of it, so can someone else. The patent office would be an empty place if this were not the case.

I take offense at the very use of the term "piracy". No one's being murdered for their possessions, or being made to walk the plank. Nothing is even being stolen. Does a cart disappear off Wal-Mart's shelf when a game gets downloaded? No. Can these files be resold? No. Are PDFs from RPG Drive-Thru resellable on e-bay? No. My real "Arcana Evolved" and "d20 World Of Darkness" have real value, on the other hand. Would anyone buy MP3s of Megadeth's "Super Collider" from me, even if I was allowed to sell MP3s (not that I would purchase lossy crap)? No. Would I get bids on e-bay if I put my signed CD on there? Yes. The information must be given physicality of a limited nature to have a true value. Infinite supply, zero demand. Would you call me a thief if I printed a gun with a 3D printer? No (at least not to my face ;) ). Then why would you do so when I burn my own CDs and DVDs? It's mechanically the same thing. Surely you're not suggesting I'm paying less for blank CDs than the record companies that mass stamp them. I can't make them for less than they can. If I'm saving any money, the RIAA is gouging. Now, the MPAA keeps their prices reasonable, by comparison, and there really isn't much, if anything, to be saved by downloading a Blu-Ray.

You want me to take it down a notch? I don't think you realize that, considering I'm replying to someone who keeps repeatedly and ignorantly calling me a thief, I already have taken it down several notches. You want me to calm down, quit making blind assumptions, like accusing everyone that requests a specific feature of being a criminal. Are you psychic? Can you know my intent? No. Using inflammatory statements like "entitled rant about the morals of piracy" is how you start a fight, not how you get people to calm down. If that was not your intent all along, then you really need to work on your communication skills.

I've read the first post. The key word is "planned". What is is. What is planned isn't. The future holds no certainties. Soon is a rather vague term, as some people have discovered the hard way. It's not here until it is. As for the Old 3DS, why bother? Gateway has won in the original 3DS arena. You're not going to level the playing field for Sky3DS there, it's already lost, the original MSet exploit is easy and hassle free. The swap needed by the N3DS GW exploit has given Sky an advantage there (if they were to add a back button to the cart, they'd probably be guaranteed a win). That is where an independent EmuNAND is going to have an impact. Even for the cheap-asses that refuse to spend money to unlock their device, this will be up against Palatine, PBT, MT Loader, and rxTools. Unless it can bring something unique that those don't already offer, no need to reinvent the wheel.

KARL3DS? Really? :rofl2: At least this and OSKA have a release. But at this rate, rxTools is still going to stomp all 3. Still, to each their own. I can't imagine what you might be waiting for, but, I hope it's worth it for you. I have region free already. I did for the most part even before Gateway's exploit hit, since I already had an Australian N3DS since December and picked up a US N3DS on release day. I've been enjoying the N3DS since the end of December. Apparently almost everyone else has been waiting in misery (well, going by their posts, they sure seemed miserable anyway) while I was playing games and homebrew. So, all that waiting, you can have it. It seems overrated to me.

wow, anyway thanks for replying.

TeconMoon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks neat, I'm still waiting for my Japanese Cubic Ninja to come in the mail but I'm excited to give this a spin!

Any chance this will ever work with the Ocarina hack? I'm doubting it but worth asking :D

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
At this late stage in the game, I wouldn't bet on all N3ds to be <9.2. Maybe if you look for an obscure seller who hasnt moved out their old stock youll have luck.
Agreed. Enjoy your overwhelming regret.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.