• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Release of the Mueller report is imminent, AG Barr has in-hand, judiciary committees being briefed

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 41,915
  • Replies 723
  • Likes 5

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You're making my point for me.

Good night.
If you say so. If the evidence is as innocuous as Barr claims it is, there should be no issue. There's only an issue if we've got something like 50+ examples of obstruction in the full report and he simply dismissed it all out of favoritism.

Last edited by Xzi,

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
I think most people do want to see Hillary in jail, leftists included, if she is proven guilty. Guilty people no matter which side deserve jail time.

That being said, I'm always amazed at how quick people are to dismiss all of Trump's wrongdoings. Justice Barr, named by Trump himself, concludes from the undisclosed Mueller report, that Trump hasn't colluded with russia (thankfully), and suddenly this makes Trump white as snow? What about everything else? Did that just go away? Trump is under investigation in half a dozen different criminal cases, plus a bunch of civil cases. And this is only his legal troubles. What about the massive swamp of lobbies he surrounds himself with, the oil industry which is the happiest they've ever been, the climate change denying which is dumb as a rock (not believing in science? how is science a belief? science is *evidence*), the illiterate tweets, his lack of respect for women, his racism, his overall stupidity, not being able to place countries on a map, Tim Apple, the thousands of lies, the national emergency at the southern border, John McCain insults, massive tax break for the rich when he campaigned for the working class, ... I could go on for so long it would take an entire day. So this is the kind of people you like to identify yourself with I guess? Ignorance, greed, lies, machism, racism, manipulations, such great values you carry around when you support Trump.

Yep, he's getting away with all this. He said it himself, he loves the poorly educated. He could get away with anything.

And I already know what reply I'm going to get for this. "BUT THE ECONOMY!?" or "ANYWAY CLINTON WAS WORSE". Hopeless.

Last edited by Costello,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I think most people do want to see Hillary in jail, leftists included, if she is proven guilty.
Sure, but proven guilty for what exactly? Republicans have already investigated her a ridiculous number of times and found nothing. If the Trump administration investigates Hillary, that's the president investigating his political opponents (former, in this case). Which is a whole new territory for the US, pretty standard fare for dictatorships and Banana Republics though.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: IncredulousP

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Barr and his Department have the discretion to make that determination though. It doesn't matter if you and every Democrat alive disagree with him on the particulars (and I'm sure you will, regardless).

Why don't you just admit the Democrats want the full report so they can cherry pick and spin excerpted bits and pieces on Rachel Maddow and etc. for the next 1 1/2 yrs leading up to the election, like the sneaky little squirrels you are? Everyone knows that's why. The Republicans know. The Democrats know. The Independents know. You don't need to pretend.
Most people want the full report, so the rest of your post is moot. Personally, politics have nothing to do with it.

This is the same when I was calling nonsense on Russia Collusion for months and people were using mental gymnastics saying look at all these facts! I don’t know what else to tell you. You’re dead set they’ll find something and you’ll be disappointed.

@Hanafuda It’s pretty pointless trying to explain. We knew this would happen. Them desperate to find anything. They really want our President to be a traitor to the people, think about that.
Again, there were very real questions about Russian collusion, and Russia's meddling in the 2016 election is a very real issue, collusion or not.

Reactions: IncredulousP

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Sure, but proven guilty for what exactly? Republicans have already investigated her a ridiculous number of times and found nothing. If the Trump administration investigates Hillary, that's the president investigating his political opponents (former, in this case). Which is a whole new territory for the US, pretty standard fare for dictatorships and Banana Republics though.
I dont know man she is being accused of so many things. At some point you lose the benefit of the doubt. What tickles me is the Clinton Foundation -- these so-called "charity" foundations generally serve as siphons for other things, it's so obvious, and in plain sight. Trump is doing just the same. Both of them deserve to be jailed for that, if they are proven guilty.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I dont know man she is being accused of so many things. At some point you lose the benefit of the doubt.
I mean, do you? Or does it make you think maybe a few too many conspiracy-minded individuals are overly obsessed with her? I haven't seen evidence of her committing the type of charity fraud that Trump has, and the Clintons certainly haven't been forced into shutting their charity down as Trump has.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I just want to say there were 3 investigations.

Two investigations by the senate house intelligence committee, and the Mueller report. 3 separate investigations and no collusion.

On top of much evidence against Trunp being an agent of Putin. Like deploying troops to Russian boarders, pulling out of the INF treaty, putting sanctions on German-Russian pipelines, trying to over throw Venezuela. All things Putin doesn’t want.

All evidence points to no collusion. I don’t know how people are able to avoid all this evidence and still want to think they’ll find something. It’s almost pathetic.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I just want to say there were 3 investigations.

Two investigations by the senate house intelligence committee, and the Mueller report. 3 separate investigations and no collusion.
Yeah...and? The other 9+ ongoing criminal investigations involving Trump aren't about collusion. Financial crimes, nepotism, emoluments, charities fraud, that type of thing. It's as others have said: being cleared of collusion doesn't really excuse everything else he's done in plain sight, now does it?

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
I think most people do want to see Hillary in jail, leftists included, if she is proven guilty. Guilty people no matter which side deserve jail time.

That being said, I'm always amazed at how quick people are to dismiss all of Trump's wrongdoings. Justice Barr, named by Trump himself, concludes from the undisclosed Mueller report, that Trump hasn't colluded with russia (thankfully), and suddenly this makes Trump white as snow? What about everything else? Did that just go away? Trump is under investigation in half a dozen different criminal cases, plus a bunch of civil cases. And this is only his legal troubles. What about the massive swamp of lobbies he surrounds himself with, the oil industry which is the happiest they've ever been, the climate change denying which is dumb as a rock (not believing in science? how is science a belief? science is *evidence*), the illiterate tweets, his lack of respect for women, his racism, his overall stupidity, not being able to place countries on a map, Tim Apple, the thousands of lies, the national emergency at the southern border, John McCain insults, massive tax break for the rich when he campaigned for the working class, ... I could go on for so long it would take an entire day. So this is the kind of people you like to identify yourself with I guess? Ignorance, greed, lies, machism, racism, manipulations, such great values you carry around when you support Trump.

Yep, he's getting away with all this. He said it himself, he loves the poorly educated. He could get away with anything.

And I already know what reply I'm going to get for this. "BUT THE ECONOMY!?" or "ANYWAY CLINTON WAS WORSE". Hopeless.

There is a lot to break down. But i’ll only focus on the tax one right now. There are different opinions on how we should handle taxes, and people don’t see it as just tax cuts for the rich. I like Thomas Sowells articles on this. He’s an economist that was mentored under Milton Friedman (a very famous Nobel prize winning economist). It’s a very complicated topic and tax cuts doesn’t always mean evil bad thing, there’s a lot of nuance. Same with the other Trump issues you brought up.

So tax rates and tax revenue aren’t the same thing. There are times when we collected more taxe revenue when we had lower tax rates. Essentially the rich avoid paying taxes when it’s too high. And we need to find a balance of not too low and not too high tax rates. We have many examples in history where lower tax rates generate more tax revenue.

Thomas Sowells article Tax Cuts for the Rich and Trickle Down Theory.

https://www.tsowell.com/images/Hoover Proof.pdf

John Stossel’s video

Trumps tax cuts does not only benifit the rich. David Pakman is a leftist guy and he also benefit from Trumps tax cuts and keeps more of his money. And it seems he’s in a dilema, he feels he should be taxed more. Some people opinions think opposite of his. It’s not a black and white issue.

Last edited by SG854,

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
There is a lot to break down. But i’ll only focus on the tax one right now. There are different opinions on how we should handle taxes, and people don’t see it as just tax cuts for the rich. I like Thomas Sowells articles on this. He’s an economist that was mentored under Milton Friedman (a very famous Nobel prize winning economist). It’s a very complicated topic and tax cuts doesn’t always mean evil bad thing, there’s a lot of nuance. Same with the other Trump issues you brought up.

So tax rates and tax revenue aren’t the same thing. There are times when we collected more taxe revenue when we had lower tax rates. Essentially the rich avoid paying taxes when it’s too high. And we need to find a balance of not too low and not too high tax rates. We have many examples in history where lower tax rates generate more tax revenue.

Thomas Sowells article Tax Cuts for the Rich and Trickle Down Theory.

https://www.tsowell.com/images/Hoover Proof.pdf

John Stossel’s video

Trumps tax cuts does not only benifit the rich. David Pakman is a leftist guy and he also benefit from Trumps tax cuts and keeps more of his money. And it seems he’s in a dilema, he feels he should be taxed more. Some people opinions think opposite of his. It’s not a black and white issue.

Please do go on and reply to the other points after this one, always good to see two sides of a medal.

Regarding your taxes I wonder how you will react when this happens to you too https://uproxx.com/viral/trump-voters-gop-tax-bill/3/ https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/trump-tax-cut-twitter/ https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/23/tax-refunds-republicans-1182286
Bend over too buddy, you're going to get fucked just like the rest of americans :) unless you're in the 1% of course

I do agree with you that nothing's ever really fully black and white. But god damn it, can't you see the black on that guy? so to speak. His supporters are as guilty as him. You may have voted for the guy out of spite because you thought Hillary was worse, and nobody will blame you for it, but actively supporting the guy and defending him shows what kind of person you are. Like I said, promoting Trump is promoting his values. You stand for Trump, then this is what you stand for: racism, illiteracy, lobbying, lies, sexism, anti-science, division, white supremacism, etc. You have to live up with that.

Last edited by Costello,

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Please do go on and reply to the other points after this one, always good to see two sides of a medal.

Regarding your taxes I wonder how you will react when this happens to you too https://uproxx.com/viral/trump-voters-gop-tax-bill/3/ https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/trump-tax-cut-twitter/ https://www.politico.com/story/2019/02/23/tax-refunds-republicans-1182286
Bend over too buddy, you're going to get fucked just like the rest of americans :) unless you're in the 1% of course

I do agree with you that nothing's ever really fully black and white. But god damn it, can't you see the black on that guy? so to speak. His supporters are as guilty as him. You may have voted for the guy out of spite because you thought Hillary was worse, and nobody will blame you for it, but actively supporting the guy and defending him shows what kind of person you are. Like I said, promoting Trump is promoting his values. You stand for Trump, then this is what you stand for: racism, illiteracy, lobbying, lies, sexism, anti-science, division, white supremacism, etc. You have to live up with that.
That’s because people pay less in taxes. Taxes are decreasing for the vast majority of tax payers. Turbo Tax shows data on this. When theres cuts to taxes there’s cuts to how much they withhold from your pay. They are withholding less but their take home pay increases. Instead of seeing tax savings in higher refunds. They see tax savings in higher paychecks. And you can control how much withholdings you get. If you want a bigger refund then reduce the number of allowances you have.

Large tax refunds are bad because you take home less every pay check. You could be struggling to pay bills month to month but get a large refund.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The white supremacy and sexism arguments people just brush aside. We heared it so much, and even people who are not any of these things being accused of it, we’ve become numb whenever we hear it. Trump is not the KKK or whatever. He recently did prison reform which helped many blacks. We have a big media problem pushing lies in America and I think this Russia narrative kind of shows the world how bad it is.

And in America if you accuse people of because being racist because they support him, we’ll you’ll get a lot of people ignoring you because they aren’t actually racist. They just support Trump because he promised bringing jobs back to people that lost them, or other things. And the economy is doing ok right now. What people want to hear and debate is policies, not your racist, he’s racist, blah blah, because majorty of America is hardly racist.

There are some things you can support for trump and somethings you can be against. Like foreign policy or tariffs. I’ve criticized Trumps tariffs. You can see him as socially terrible person but like how the economy is doing. It isn’t as simple as he supports Trump therfore he supports racism. There’s a lot of nuance on why they support him.

Last edited by SG854,

CORE

3:16
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oxtyvrovu1rlashsful0.jpg

A Bear! Obviously Russian Collusion but tastes so good:ha:

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6bb4f3ceb155

- No pre-release submission to the White House for 'executive privilege' review, i.e. President Trump has waived executive privilege.

- As I mentioned earlier in the thread, the full report will be released, but must first by law be redacted for classified/nat'l security matters, and for PII (personally identifying information). Every Democrat in Congress knows that review and those redacts must be done, but they're publicly demanding immediate release of the full report anyway, and they'll cry foul when it is released. On another site I browse, an almost exclusively liberal one, where I learned of this wapo article and Barr's new statement on the report, people are already grumbling that the redacts will be hiding all the real dirt. Of course.

- Barr disputes the characterization of his letter of last weekend as a "summary." He says it was only a statement of 'the bottom line,' i.e. the principal conclusions, and that he does not think it would right for his office to provide a condensed version summary of the report.

Reactions: Xzi and CallmeBerto

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's getting sad and pathetic on both sides really. The left is pushing psychopaths while Trump won't even use this chance to double down on his original platform and continues to worship people who hate him while ignoring his base. We need to get Yang in there on the double!

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
@Costello To continue from my last post. Turbo Tax has a W-4 Withholding Calculator which you can adust for a Bigger Tax Refund or Bigger Pay Check.
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/calculators/w4/

So I just came across this article because I like to find dissenting opinions.

Snake Oil Tax Cuts
https://sites.hks.harvard.edu/fs/jfrankel/TaxCutSnakeOilSept16-08.pdf

And heres an opposing opinon to the above article.
https://www.academia.edu/3465304/Supply-Side_Economics_Voodoo_Economics_or_Lasting_Contribution

Whose right? I don't know. I would have to look into this more to see who's correct and who's not. I don't pick any sides and just go to what the research says. And I genuienly want to find out what's best and what's the truth. But there's so many liars out there it's hard to seperate truth from lies. There's alot of bad and/or fake reaserch out there. Last year researchers exposed gender studies to be not be legit research. They published purposley made fake research to Academic Journals. Which shows that they come up with a hypothesis but don't test it, so it's junk science. And that you have to be careful what's out there, even in supposed Scientifc Academic Journals. And be critical.

If you wanna know why people don't see people take Trump's "Grab em' by the Pu**y" comment seriously anymore. It's because he held a surprise media event after they were accusing him of being sexist. He got Bill Clintons accusers and said, me paraphrasing, "I'm not proud of what I said, but those are just words, look at Bill Clinton and Hillary defending Bill, he actually has women of accusing him of inapropriate behaviors, he's the one that should appologize, not me, I never did anything bad physically to women, actions speak louder than words. That shut them up right away. He owned what would destroyed his Presidency. And this is Trump's strength that the Democratic party doesn't do. They hardly launch a counter attack like that. They just appoligize all the time and scramble to donate to the nearest Women's charity when accused of the same thing. Which lets their oppnents win. He doesn't. And he hardly ever starts it either. He waits for his opponents to attack him, then he launches a counter attack, which gives him a little more leeway to act like how he does and act like that on Twitter, no matter how many times media says it's inapropriate behavior for a President.

Last edited by SG854,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Barr disputes the characterization of his letter of last weekend as a "summary."
He's right, four sentences from a 300+ page document can hardly be considered a summary. Just a lazy copy-paste job.

Seems Barr's hot take on the report isn't very convincing to most...54% still believe there's evidence of collusion in the full report. Even Fox's judge Napolitano is convinced of that. Personally I think there's not enough evidence to go after a sitting president for collusion, but there's plenty in the way of evidence for obstruction of justice, and Barr is too much of a sycophant to indict for that. I'm betting there's also plenty in the way of financial crimes to be discovered, but that's outside the scope of the Mueller investigation and in other hands now.

Last edited by Xzi,

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's right, four sentences from a 300+ page document can hardly be considered a summary. Just a lazy copy-paste job.

Seems Barr's hot take on the report isn't very convincing to most...54% still believe there's evidence of collusion in the full report. Even Fox's judge Napolitano is convinced of that. Personally I think there's not enough evidence to go after a sitting president for collusion, but there's plenty in the way of evidence for obstruction of justice, and Barr is too much of a sycophant to indict for that. I'm betting there's also plenty in the way of financial crimes to be discovered, but that's outside the scope of the Mueller investigation and in other hands now.

Whose poll is that, Xzi?

Glyptofane

Castaway
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seems Barr's hot take on the report isn't very convincing to most...54% still believe there's evidence of collusion in the report. Even Fox's judge Napolitano is convinced of that. Personally I think there's not enough evidence to go after a sitting president for collusion, but there's plenty in the way of evidence for obstruction of justice, and Barr is too much of a sycophant to indict for that. I'm betting there's also plenty in the way of financial crimes to be discovered, but that's outside the scope of the Mueller investigation and in other hands now.
Are we just trying to prove he is a nasty, worthless creep now. I hate cheaters, that Bush Senior article released. Fuck my shit I hate everything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ sypt: youre a life saver <3