Homebrew [RELEASE] PayloadSpinner3DS - Swap B9S Payloads (Relatively) Quickly and Easily

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 19,695
  • Replies 27
  • Likes 13

GameInCanada

Trophies
Website
www.nintend.news
XP
Country
Canada
My understanding of this was it would be like luma chainloader but im not getting the option to select whatever firmware i want, Instead im launching a CIA that swap out my boot.firm after the system is already on? now im stuck on a black screen on boot cause i under the impression it would load up like luma chainloader.

Hoping replacing boot.firm on my sd card fixes this. interesting project but not quite what is advertised?

D

Deleted User

OP
My understanding of this was it would be like luma chainloader but im not getting the option to select whatever firmware i want, Instead im launching a CIA that swap out my boot.firm after the system is already on? now im stuck on a black screen on boot cause i under the impression it would load up like luma chainloader.

Hoping replacing boot.firm on my sd card fixes this. interesting project but not quite what is advertised?
The application swaps out your boot.firm for a payload that you yourself put on the SD Card. It could be GodMode9, it could be another CFW, so long as it's a functioning B9S Payload. After it replaces the boot.firm, it reboots, thus launching said payload. It is not a B9S payload. All it does is swap around files on the SD Card and reboot the system. Nothing more, nothing less.

By the way, how did you end up with a black screen on boot? What .firm did you use to replace the regular boot.firm? Did you place them in /3ds/data/PayloadSpinner3DS/payloads? The application creates a backup before replacing the file (boot.firm.bak), so you can just set that back as boot.firm, then reboot.

GameInCanada

Trophies
Website
www.nintend.news
XP
Country
Canada
The application swaps out your boot.firm for a payload that you yourself put on the SD Card. It could be GodMode9, it could be another CFW, so long as it's a functioning B9S Payload. After it replaces the boot.firm, it reboots, thus launching said payload. It is not a B9S payload. All it does is swap around files on the SD Card and reboot the system. Nothing more, nothing less.

By the way, how did you end up with a black screen on boot? What .firm did you use to replace the regular boot.firm? Did you place them in /3ds/data/PayloadSpinner3DS/payloads? The application creates a backup before replacing the file (boot.firm.bak), so you can just set that back as boot.firm, then reboot.
I was testing another cfw firmware as i thought that this would allow me to dual boot between luma and cakes but cakes won't load the system menu, i thought I'd be able to just pick luma if it didnt work but now Ive gotta take the sd out. Not a big deal my fault just i asked specially if this was like luma chainloader and you told me yes

As i said very misleading all my fault though aha

D

Deleted User

OP
I was testing another cfw firmware as i thought that this would allow me to dual boot between luma and cakes but cakes won't load the system menu, i thought I'd be able to just pick luma if it didnt work but now Ive gotta take the sd out. Not a big deal my fault just i asked specially if this was like luma chainloader and you told me yes

As i said very misleading all my fault though aha
Just a note on Cakes: you need to download the firmware.bin and cetk for it to work. Make sure both are in your cakes folder on your SD Card. If neither file is on the SD Card, Cakes probably won't be able to boot.

D

Deleted User

OP
Have both its not working though. Just loads a black screen.
Try replacing your FIRM with Luma3DS. Then, after you've done that, use Luma to chainload GodMode9. Use GodMode9 to chainload your Cakes payload. If it still won't boot, even after launching through GodMode9, it is, more likely than not, a problem with your payload, not PayloadSpinner3DS.

To chainload Cakes from GodMode9, do the following:
  • Wait for GodMode9 to load.
  • Navigate to "[0:] SDCARD"
  • From there, you'll be on the root of your SD Card. From there, navigate to your FIRM.
  • Press A to select your FIRM. You'll see a menu. Select "FIRM image options..." -> "Boot FIRM".

GameInCanada

Trophies
Website
www.nintend.news
XP
Country
Canada
I didnt in any way mean to imply this is causing cakes not to work ive never used cakes before. It loads to where i can acess the patches but they all fail upon booting and then the infinite black screen.

Thanks for the help ill attempt

Reactions: ASK_Games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 90K it's fine lol