Status
Not open for further replies.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I may have a bunch of jumbled old files janking my boot up. I may have to install from scratch, but it took me a while to setup last time so not looking forward to it. Any advice would be appreciated, but please don't say read the text because I've learned some harsh lessons from old readme files... Lol
Quick tip: never merge the rxtools folder when updating. Make a backup of the old one, delete it off the SD card, then move the new one to the SD along with a new firm generated with that specific rxtools build.

Reactions: Ripper00420

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He is on N3DS

edit:
0004013820000002.bin
MD5: B99ADF0ADB279712367C06EB83BA9AE6
I am also on N3DS when u run cdn_firm.py it download 3 different bin files to a folder it creates called "firm" in the tools directory. The firmware with the last 3 digits being 002 seem to work with N3DS

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I am also on N3DS when u run cdn_firm.py it download 3 different bin files to a folder it creates called "firm" in the tools directory. The firmware with the last 3 digits being 002 seem to work with N3DS
How is this possible ?
Are you sure ?

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How is this possible ?
Are you sure ?
Seems to be the case. I am not a developer of RXtools. I just got involved with 3ds and I'm not exactly sure how everything works but I just did a clean install of RXtools and used that firmware and it seems to work. I only booted my n3ds launched RXtools through hbl and started Devmenu I installed from cia to SD card and then started Devmenu from gateway. It seems to work.

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Seems to be the case. I am not a developer of RXtools. I just got involved with 3ds and I'm not exactly sure how everything works but I just did a clean install of RXtools and used that firmware and it seems to work. I only booted my n3ds launched RXtools through hbl and started Devmenu I installed from cia to SD card and then started Devmenu from gateway. It seems to work.
Please, could you rename your 'data' folder to data.bak and relaunch rxtools with your 'firm' folder containing the 3 different bin files ?

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah when I get home I will but I wiped my whole RXtools folder b4 I installed it. I'm pretty sure anyway. Iwas in a rush tho. I'll get back to u

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Please, could you rename your 'data' folder to data.bak and relaunch rxtools with your 'firm' folder containing the 3 different bin files ?
e
I am a moron, dont listen to me. Im gonna go edit that post so nobody follows it lol. Last time I ran that python script it downloaded a single file to my home folder named firmware.bin. I havent been able to find any rxtool builds more recent than the 10th of Nov. or something. Today I decided to build myself and when I ran cdn_firm.py it left me with 3 bin files in a folder named "firm". Do you know what the script does? the issue was I still had the cakes firmware in the rxtools folder. What is going on here? the cakes firmware is decrypted? What are the other 3 firmware folders? Have you read the script? Are you involved in the development?
Do you know the answer? And I am sorry for confusing anyone else.

FONZD

Trophies
XP
Country
France
e
I am a moron, dont listen to me. Im gonna go edit that post so nobody follows it lol. Last time I ran that python script it downloaded a single file to my home folder named firmware.bin. I havent been able to find any rxtool builds more recent than the 10th of Nov. or something. Today I decided to build myself and when I ran cdn_firm.py it left me with 3 bin files in a folder named "firm". Do you know what the script does? the issue was I still had the cakes firmware in the rxtools folder. What is going on here? the cakes firmware is decrypted? What are the other 3 firmware folders? Have you read the script? Are you involved in the development?
Do you know the answer? And I am sorry for confusing anyone else.
whatever, to err is human
cdn_firm.py gives 'firm' needed for Old 3ds (only)
and i'm not a dev, I contribute a little (insignificant)

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

DayVeeBoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what is the firmware that were all using? Whats it from? Why is it the only firmware that works? There doesnt seem to be much documentation around for anything, not that Ive really tried to find it before today.I guess it isnt that uncommon with this stuff. Just seems that theres a lot of people working on 3ds. I thought there would be tons of stuff out there. I suppose I should just start reading at the dev wiki. I dont get super involved usually but I like to know how it works. Thats as much of my interest in consoles as actually playing the games.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a nightly build working on my 9.0.0 O3DS. The "nightly" releases have a rxTools folder, where as the older releases (2.5, 2.6) have no rxTools folder and a file named rxTools.dat. I've tinker with copy rxTools.dat over sys/code.bin, but that didn't work. Can someone point out what I need to do with rxTools folder and rxTools.dat if I want to try an older version? Thanks.

Another question: Is there a screen on RxTools that show the version that is running?

Last edited by wiiNinja,

rynsonick

Trophies
XP
Country
hello guys,
i'm using N3DS rxtools emunand 9.0.0 20u and sysnand 9.0.0 20U
is there any tutorial I could use to update my emunand, staying away from brick, or accidentally updating my sysnand ?

thanks

Dean_

Trophies
XP
Country
This is fixed CakeBrah (ninjhax loader) by 173210.
It should have better boot rate than before.
Please test out (it is useless if you are using ctrboormanager/bootctr instead of HBL).

OLD 3DS 9.0.0E with menuhax (2.5 payload) : 8 out of 10

Attachments

• ninjhax.rar
    98.8 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: VerseHell

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I cant get EmuNand 10.3 to work with latest nightly just black screen on update.
N3DS 9.0.E

Tried generating a new firmware.bin and renaming it. Anything else i should try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1