Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem mate, just use format emunand, restart when its done then copy rxtools.dat to your sd card and the rxtools folder and use that if you dont know how to if you want to use latest rxtools beta. and if you want to use offline system settings to load it downgrade mset app to 4x and copy rxinstaller.nds to your acekard launch it and select 4.x dg and you can then load rxtools from system settings other settings and ds profile settings if you dont know how to if you do then great! And i reccomend you also do system nand backup with gateway after you do emunand and copy the nand.bin result to your pc and somewhere safe, this has saved me a few times

I've done everything up until trying to load the nds file, I cannot get my acekard to load. Whenever I try to do it, I get the black 'Can't let you do that, power off' screen. Do I need to be on 4.5 do get that running? My base system is on 9.0. I ran the RXTools MSET exploiter.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
you copied the correct msetdg.bin to your sd card? Correct region? And does your acekart work? And which screen is it, error or power off after installing? Its good if it says power off, so now you can load rxtools via system settings other options ds profile settings if it was installed it should work. Check if it does
BTW i sucessfully did this on my 9.2.0.20-E Upgraded Sysnand

Yoshimashin

Penguin Spy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I didn't know about the msetdg file, I'll look into this.

The AceKard does work, I used it originally when the downgrading thing first came out back in January/February and it still boots up fine on my DSi.

It's the Error screen.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh wait i dont think acekard works on sysnand 9.0 at all. just install fbi on sysnand and install ds flashcart whitelist unblock cia, from that iso site, ill pm you maybe. Or maybe use sudokuhax to install it. Did the flashcart work previously?

Last edited by ironmaster49,

pakrett

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a 9.0.0 N3DS and a DSTWO flashcart. Is there a way to install rxTools with OOT? I don't have Cubic Ninja or a Gateway flashcard, but I do have OOT and an 9.2.0 O3DS with rxTools setup. I've tried searching but couldn't find instructions for setting it up with OOT.
Set up the gateway for OOT with your hacked o3DS (restore the modified save into ocarina)
Launch the gateway menu on your n3DS with OOT.
Downgrade your n3DS mset with gateway menu.
Install the rx profile exploit for n3DS with your DS flashcard and the rxinstaller.nds

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe use tubehax or ironhax if you have youtube or ironfall invasion installed and use savedatafiler to inject oothax. I dont know i didnt try it because i only have an old 3ds but maybe give that a go

You can't use Tubehax or Ironhax for anything like that at all. They have no kernel permissions. @pakrett pretty much covered what to do though.

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
If I want run rxtools on N3DS I have to rename firmware.bin to 0004013820000002.bin is this still correct?

Since firmware.bin moved to /system/

nastys

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I want run rxtools on N3DS I have to rename firmware.bin to 0004013820000002.bin is this still correct?

Since firmware.bin moved to /system/

EDIT: fixed レイシュカク

Attachments

• IMPORTANT.pdf
    41.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMPORTANT.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 236
Last edited by nastys,

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
I did this, but if I noticed correctly, the rxTools are actualy not a CustomFirmware? (For N3DS at least) (Just fly over the Tutorial wich say need PastaCFW)

nastys

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I did this, but if I noticed correctly, the rxTools are actualy not a CustomFirmware? (For N3DS at least) (Just fly over the Tutorial wich say need PastaCFW)
Support for N3DS exists but it's not complete. You need to use a nightly build:
↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah,

but what is rxTools actualy? That is why I try to understand. Currently I use a Nightly Build and want run it via Ninjahax (so Start Homebrew and use rxtools File).
But just scared, if this goes to SysNand right now or if this also creates a EmuNand.

All I know from the first Pages is, that rxTools are mighty tools to do a lot of stuff :)

nastys

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah,

but what is rxTools actualy? That is why I try to understand. Currently I use a Nightly Build and want run it via Ninjahax (so Start Homebrew and use rxtools File).
But just scared, if this goes to SysNand right now or if this also creates a EmuNand.

All I know from the first Pages is, that rxTools are mighty tools to do a lot of stuff :)
rxTools was a toolkit which included an anti-piracy CFW before AHP_person released a modified version of it with sig. checks disabled. Right after that, Roxas75 decided to add the signature patches officially and released the full source code. After the release of rxTools 2.6, he "donated" the project to the "Pasta Team" saying that this is what rxTools's become: a CFW like Pasta and others. It's still got all the (useful) tools included with rxTools 2.6, though.

Enaske

Trophies
XP
Country
So bascialy the officall 3.0 rxTools will be a CFW including the rxTools?

PS: Can I actually generate a EmuNand with rxTools? Since you got 2 Options, boot in EmuNand and boot SystemNand (2. one is bascialy same as Pasta does).

So is there a way for EmuNand? Would make it much saver :)

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or if this also creates a EmuNand.
It does not. I don't use an emunand on my N3DS right now so I can't tell you if it works, but either way, you use Gateway's Launcher to create your emunand. Just remember to backup your mSD card first and copy the files back afterwards.

nastys

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So bascialy the officall 3.0 rxTools will be a CFW including the rxTools?

PS: Can I actually generate a EmuNand with rxTools? Since you got 2 Options, boot in EmuNand and boot SystemNand (2. one is bascialy same as Pasta does).

So is there a way for EmuNand? Would make it much saver :)
The official 3.0 will be rxTools 2.6 + Pasta + reiNAND + CakeHax :lol:

It does not. I don't use an emunand on my N3DS right now so I can't tell you if it works, but either way, you use Gateway's Launcher to create your emunand. Just remember to backup your mSD card first and copy the files back afterwards.
emuNAND works on N3DS as well :)

Reactions: megazero1x1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, FarCry 5 is an awesome game with multiple endings!