Homebrew Snickerstream - Unified NTR and HzMod streaming client for the 3DS

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@RattletraPM do u think it will be ever possible to do this with multiple devices without a VM?
I'l have to see if it is possible but at least for now there are many more things that have to be done, so it isn't exactly in the priority list. I'll see if I'll be able to work on it in the future.

Hey, I tried to stream Super Mario World with this but the game started lagging like crazy. Any idea how to fix?
Do you mean that the game itself started lagging on the 3DS too or that you're just getting a poor framerate on Snickerstream?

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
I'l have to see if it is possible but at least for now there are many more things that have to be done, so it isn't exactly in the priority list. I'll see if I'll be able to work on it in the future.

Do you mean that the game itself started lagging on the 3DS too or that you're just getting a poor framerate on Snickerstream?
The game on the 3ds itself

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The game on the 3ds itself
I tried it right now and it looks like an issue with NTR itself. I even used NTR Debugger to start remoteplay and NTR Viewer to stream the screens and it still happened, so it looks like it isn't related to Snickerstream at all. My guess is that, being a New3DS exclusive VC title, it interferes with the CFW's streaming feature because it uses the same memory region =/

D

Deleted User

Hey, I tried to stream Super Mario World with this but the game started lagging like crazy. Any idea how to fix?
this feels so weird answering you like this

Is your PC using ethernet or WiFi? An ethernet connection might help with a faster connection. If you're using WiFi, try keeping your laptop close to the router.

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
If it's still giving you UDPRecv error -2 then it must be something on your end. The possible error values for UDPBind are -1 (invalid socket), -3/-4 (invalid socketarray) and -2 (cannot connect), so the socket has been opened succesfully and the data passed from it to UDPRecv is valid, but the 3DS is not sending data or your computer cannot recieve anything from it.

I'm sure that this isn't an issue caused by Snickerstream itself but, if you want to doublecheck, try using NTRDebugger to start remoteplay and see if it works that way. You can also try to set a static IP address on the 3DS itself and connect using it. Also, just in case - keep in mind that NTR screen streaming is possible on N3DS/N2DS XL only.

Ok so I'm trying to get this to work, but I keep getting a gray screen with 0 FPS, Kit Kat connects just fine (in fact I copy/pasted the IP from there to Snickerstream).

After setting log level to 3, this was my result;

[19:03] Logging started.
[19:03] WARNING: The loglevel is now set to 3. This will produce GIANT logfiles.
[19:03] You should set your loglevel to something else unless you're troubleshooting some issues!
[19:04] Recieving stream.
[19:04] PC IP address: 0.0.0.0
[19:04] 3DS IP address: 192.168.137.211
[19:04] Priority: 1
[19:04] Priority factor: 5
[19:04] Image quaility: 90
[19:04] QoS: 5
[19:04] Interpolation mode: 0
[19:04] Screen layout: 0
[19:04] -NOTE- The IP addresses should be internal. If you set them to public DO NOT share this log online!
[19:04] FPS:0
[19:04] UDPRecv error, @error=-2.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
I tried it right now and it looks like an issue with NTR itself. I even used NTR Debugger to start remoteplay and NTR Viewer to stream the screens and it still happened, so it looks like it isn't related to Snickerstream at all. My guess is that, being a New3DS exclusive VC title, it interferes with the CFW's streaming feature because it uses the same memory region =/
Oh well, that sucks. I guess that also explains why smash crashes constantly for me

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for some reason whenever i increase to scaling, the frame rate zero's out, its not even full screen when i scale it, but returns to normal when i make it smaller, but thats too small to keep it that way..

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
for some reason whenever i increase to scaling, the frame rate zero's out, its not even full screen when i scale it, but returns to normal when i make it smaller, but thats too small to keep it that way..
It's a software rendering issue. The next version will use a different, hardware-accelerated library which will fix the issue.

Ok so I'm trying to get this to work, but I keep getting a gray screen with 0 FPS, Kit Kat connects just fine (in fact I copy/pasted the IP from there to Snickerstream).

After setting log level to 3, this was my result;

[19:03] Logging started.
[19:03] WARNING: The loglevel is now set to 3. This will produce GIANT logfiles.
[19:03] You should set your loglevel to something else unless you're troubleshooting some issues!
[19:04] Recieving stream.
[19:04] PC IP address: 0.0.0.0
[19:04] 3DS IP address: 192.168.137.211
[19:04] Priority: 1
[19:04] Priority factor: 5
[19:04] Image quaility: 90
[19:04] QoS: 5
[19:04] Interpolation mode: 0
[19:04] Screen layout: 0
[19:04] -NOTE- The IP addresses should be internal. If you set them to public DO NOT share this log online!
For the record, what CPU are you using?

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
For the record, what CPU are you using?

This is a pretty old/low end laptop, so the CPU is super unimpressive;

upload_2017-11-5_19-37-33.png

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also how does the number work for QOS, the higher, the better?, and same for priority factor, should that be a lower number or higher number?

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This is a pretty old/low end laptop, so the CPU is super unimpressive;

View attachment 104888
Then again, it's probably the software rendering. I know it sounds strange because you might think it's a network issue by the looks of it, but another user was experiencing a similiar issue and it was fixed when I sent him a test build using Direct2D (hardware-accelerated) instead of GDI+. Basically, what's happening is that the CPU is taking too long to render the frames, so the connection times out.

The next version will fix this issue.
also how does the number work for QOS, the higher, the better?, and same for priority factor, should that be a lower number or higher number?
QoS is badly documented even in NTR itself, but it should refer to this. Keep in mind that your router must support this feature, or else it will simply be ignored.
You can think the priority factor as a frameskip. The prioritized screen sends frames constantly while the unprioritized one sends one frame each n frames sent by the prioritized one (where n is the priority value). To give you an example, if the prioritized screen is the top one, the bottom one will send a frame each 5 top screen frames. It's very useful to save bandwith if your game mainly uses one screen. (Also, keep in mind that setting the priority value to 0 will disable the unprioritized screen)

Bappsack1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@RattletraPM i just tryd myself to make this working with the NTRViewer, maybe its cause the TCP Port, i guess if u only let acces the current IP to the Process and ignore all others it might be working, didnt get it worken :shrug: .Keep good work!

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay I'm back, I tried to stream with gameboy and gbc VC games and I got weird colors in the games

Attachments

• screenshot05112017162215369.bmp
    375.1 KB · Views: 362
  • screenshot05112017162240901.bmp
    375.1 KB · Views: 349
  • screenshot05112017162316891.bmp
    375.1 KB · Views: 397

Flaflo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
flaflo.xyz
XP
Country
Germany
<sarcasm>Shame on you, you will be publicly executed and your post will be remembered as the dumbest of them all!</sarcasm>

Don't be so harsh torwards yourself! There's no such thing as a dumb question ;)
Besides, there's a homebrew streaming app for Old3DS already (HorizonScreen). It's currently not supported by Snickerstream because of a couple of reasons (poor streaming performance on O3DS, different protocol, etc.) so it isn't a dumb one!

No prob, I'm glad you like it! :D

Thank you for your kindness. :D
I already talked (a lot) with Marcus about streaming on o3Ds but there is just too less ram left :/

RattletraPM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for your kindness. :D
I already talked (a lot) with Marcus about streaming on o3Ds but there is just too less ram left :/
No problem ;)
I was very surprised when I heard that he even managed to get streaming working on o3DSes back then! I even considered adding HorizonScreen support to Snickerstream, but considering the poor performance, I feel it isn't really worth it =/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-