Hacking [RELEASE] Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2

Graxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Take a look at my post on the previous page for instructions about getting the data files if you have Android. The Sonic1 and Sonic2 folders should be in the data folder on your Vita.

If you have an iPhone the general concept is similar, but I don't know how you extract the files from an iPhone game.

Last edited by Graxer,

rof1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No. As I indicated, I'm not sure where to even find them, let alone how to install them.
The only things you need is a PC with iTunes 12.6.4.3 and an AppleId account (make a free AppleId account by Apple, and download the iPhone version of game for free). Unzip resulting .ipa with 7z, and locate the proper Data.rsdk. Copy file to proper folder on Vita, and you’re good to go!

-r

FM_JN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Anyone else having issues to play labyrinth zone act 3? As soon as I start the waterfall sliding the level is cut and I always lose a life.

FM_JN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Can someone check if labyrinth zone act 3 is really broken or if it's just my setup? To access the level selector start sonic 1 in "no save" mode and press up, down, left, right, up, down, left, right at the title screen. Thank you.

Graxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone check if labyrinth zone act 3 is really broken or if it's just my setup? To access the level selector start sonic 1 in "no save" mode and press up, down, left, right, up, down, left, right at the title screen. Thank you.
For me just pressing start after entering the level select cheat code crashes the game and trying to access labyrinth zone act 3 with time attack also crashes the game.

Edit:

I just used the Data.rdsk from the Sega Forever version instead of the old version and it no longer crashes. Also, the waterfall loops forever as it should.

Last edited by Graxer,

FM_JN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
@Graxer Thanks for the reply. I just downloaded the latest Data.rdsk and it can't seem to fix the issue. The waterfall is still broken. Can you let me know which of the .vpk you're using?

[Edit]: I just reinstalled the vpk from SonicMastr and it solved the issue. Thanks!!

Last edited by FM_JN,
Reactions: Graxer

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Following my previous Sonic CD port, I am releasing Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for PS Vita as well!

I heard your feedback about the Sonic CD port and the annoying black bar at the bottom. With this release I pumped up the internal resolution from 416x240 to 480x272, achieving one more time a pixel perfect output without leaving out any unused pixel. You will find a screenshot in this post to give you an idea of the game visual.

Once again, this is just a port. All the hard work for the source code has been made by the amazing developer and reverse engineer Rubberduckcooly. Without him, this release would not have been possible. All I did was to adjust the source code, make it running on PS Vita and ensure that the level of quality is the one that every used should expect from a game.

Have fun ✌

DOWNLOAD VPK
Are you the same guy that translated Kingdom Hearts FM 1&2

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Tested all three games on my PS Vita, firmware 3.73 run fine but crash randomly, also Sonic CD is overly sensitive back-touch be it in game or in the menu, I can only play it if I put it on the table and use like a keyboard, not sure if these issues are related to using a higher firmware or not.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tested all three games on my PS Vita, firmware 3.73 run fine but crash randomly, also Sonic CD is overly sensitive back-touch be it in game or in the menu, I can only play it if I put it on the table and use like a keyboard, not sure if these issues are related to using a higher firmware or not.
Disable rear touch pad with reVita.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
reVita, is that a homebrew? I’m fairly new to Vita hacking, this is literally the very first homebrew I install after VitaShell.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Make sure you are using the rsdk files from the Sega Forever version of the game. Earlier versions cause random bugs like crashing in my experience.
The Android versions work fine save for the slow down and glitches that this Vita port has no matter what due to the pixel perfect screen resolution.

reVita, is that a homebrew? I’m fairly new to Vita hacking, this is literally the very first homebrew I install after VitaShell.

Yes, it is a homebrew plugin.

https://github.com/MERLev/reVita

Edit2: Remember to not have too many plugins actice at the same tine to avoid slowdown and crashes in general on the Vita.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk