Homebrew [RELEASE] Tiramisu Environment | Free CBHC

WiiFanAix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
might just want to edit / delete the video above, to avoid missleading the users
Already thought of that, but my post has been quoted by Maschell, and he hasn't edited it himself so the link remains in his post. If he edits it, I sure will too. And if he doesn't, well, no big deal either.

WiiFanAix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Another question: if I hack my Wii U and dump some of my games, would it then be possible to return the Wii U to its non-hacked state, or is the hacking permanent? If the latter, can the Wii U at least still be used normally, the same way I did before hacking it, with the same UI and everything?
I'm using my freshly modded Wii U normally, with the same UI and everything. Only the Mii app is different : launching it launches the Homebrew Launcher (HBL), but pressing the Home key while in the HBL brings back the Mii app. So, no real differences.

Also, Tiramisu requires the SD card to be inserted at all times, to load the environment on startup. If the SD card is not inserted, you'll get an error message, but your UI will still load normally and you should be able to play games normally (I mean all games that don't require a modded console : original discs, etc.)

WiiFanAix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Only one SD card is enough.

32 GB would be the minimum in order to transfer games (to NAND or to USB) via the SD card.
64 GB or 128 GB would be better if you intend to transfer many games. I transferred about 300 GB from my PC using a single 64 GB card, in roughly 60 GB batches (PC -> SD card -> Wii U connected hard drive)

But once that transfer is done, any SD size would do. You could just copy the relevant Tiramisu & co. files to a 8 GB SD card or even less (files account for less than 100 MB total) and it would still work perfectly fine.

Tom_Turbina

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Should I just reinstall Tiramisu?

I was trying to open the homebrew app store and it crashed because I had no internet connection. I forced the system to turn off and now no app will start. I tried Wup installer, Nusspli and others. Should I just reinstall Tiramisu to solve the issue? Is there any other solution?

Edit: Can I just format the Wii U without any issues?

Last edited by Tom_Turbina,

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Should I just reinstall Tiramisu?

I was trying to open the homebrew app store and it crashed because I had no internet connection. I forced the system to turn off and now no app will start. I tried Wup installer, Nusspli and others. Should I just reinstall Tiramisu to solve the issue? Is there any other solution?

Edit: Can I just format the Wii U without any issues?
First consider to format the SD and copy all Tiramisu files & homebrew apps again

Reactions: jeannotte

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm confused. At first I thought we couldn't load homebrew using elf files anymore. But then I see vwii instructions tells you to run an elf file. So does homebrew have to be built by wut in rpx/wut format or do elfs still work now?

ssfxfss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
hi,I got a problem when I try to autoboot fw.img.I am using the tiramisu and the autoboot has already been set. when boot time I hold the B bottom to choose the fw-loader payload in order to boot fw.img,but it shows the error said"Don'trun the EnvironmentLoader twice ",is anyone know about why it happened.

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
hi,I got a problem when I try to autoboot fw.img.I am using the tiramisu and the autoboot has already been set. when boot time I hold the B bottom to choose the fw-loader payload in order to boot fw.img,but it shows the error said"Don'trun the EnvironmentLoader twice ",is anyone know about why it happened.
are you using the official guide from wiiu.hacks.guide ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forget about using the fw.img. are you trying to load a second iosuhax exploit?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to load tiramisu without a sd card? I used it to install the thing, so when I click the health and safety triangle thingy, it supposed to load. But since the sd card slot is just terrible, it doesn't always load. So I avoid taking it out the console when I finally get it to work. :ninja:

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to load tiramisu without a sd card? I used it to install the thing, so when I click the health and safety triangle thingy, it supposed to load. But since the sd card slot is just terrible, it doesn't always load. So I avoid taking it out the console when I finally get it to work. :ninja:
There is no way to load this without a functioning SD card slot. It should be possible to load the cfw/patches from NAND and SD but the @Maschell did not want it that way because of writing to NAND. This is one area CBHC is still desirable in. What happens if the SD slot fails or snaps off the board from overuse of switching out cards? All the noobs who installed tiramisu won't have a clue how to solder a new card slot to the board. They won't even be able to install a virtual console ds game for CBHC because eshop shutting down new purchases for wiiu. And how would they run the homebrew installer without a working SD slot.

Reactions: WiiFanAix

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz