ROM Hack RELEASE [Release/Tutorial] Switch theme injector : Easily make custom themes

xyqkent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i cant load the picture for photoshop-dds config,here(export your picture as dds, these are my settings in photoshop, try to match them in other tools )
can post this image to me? thks

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I did not test cause my switch is on 5.1, it would be great if you could try it (keep in mind you need to use a common.szs from 4.1's home menu romfs)

Home menu is a system application, their layeredFS implementation doesn't support that, it's said here as well : https://gbatemp.net/threads/custom-home-menu-themes-and-edits.518446/
Actually it seems that thread was outdated, sx tools 2 supports custom themes, i don't know how tho, i think you should use this path SdCard:\sxos\titles\0100000000001000\romfs\lyt\common.szs but i'm not sure

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i cant load the picture for photoshop-dds config,here(export your picture as dds, these are my settings in photoshop, try to match them in other tools )
can post this image to me? thks
http://i65.tinypic.com/2ymbyat.jpg
if you can't see it's "DXT1 RGB 4bpp | no alpha" in the top box, 2D texture in the texture maps and only the generate mipmaps checkbox checked

xyqkent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
thks bro, i can load this image in my house network.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how can i edit the six bottons in the bottom of desktop?

SG911

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great thread/tut! Can't wait, till we're able to move the icons & stuff around too! Like shown in the one thread discussing custom themes & such.

tomasadam3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well given that Custom Themes use layered fs wouldn't Nintendo automatically be able to detect them (online or offline through logs) and ban accordingly? Unless I missed new developments between when it was first introduced where people were being banned for playing backups through it and now.

Last edited by tomasadam3,

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well given that Custom Themes use layered fs wouldn't Nintendo automatically be able to detect them (online or offline through logs) and ban accordingly? Unless I missed new developments between when it was first introduced where people were being banned for playing backups through it and now.
I think a lot of us just don't care about bans anymore.

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I haven't seen any report of people being banned just with layered fs, crash reports due to layered fs are confirmed to cause bans tho. Now there is a patch that blocks crash reports from being stored (before you had to delete them but that left some incosistency in the logs). Anyway homebrews are clearly against the tos so when you do this stuff you know that there is always a chance of ban.

tomasadam3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in theory, one could use layered fs solely for custom themes (or mods) and if your switch does crash (due to themes not being fully implemented) there won't be any crash reports for the big N to see?

I haven't seen any report of people being banned just with layered fs, crash reports due to layered fs are confirmed to cause bans tho. Now there is a patch that blocks crash reports from being stored (before you had to delete them but that left some incosistency in the logs). Anyway homebrews are clearly against the tos so when you do this stuff you know that there is always a chance of ban.

Creatable

Trophies
Website
hentaihaven.net
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone link me to what these themes actually look like? I'm very interested to see this! I remember Custom theming on the Wii, since then I haven't seen anything, even on the WiiU!
Oh hey, I used to watch your videos. I'll show you a picture of the most advanced theme, and then I'll show you a picture of a few others.
unknown.png

Wii theme by CraftyBoss ^
2018092314402800-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

Bayonetta theme by WuskyDingo ^

There's also small stuff like this:
HBL_Rocket_ex_name_EUen.jpg

exelix11

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So in theory, one could use layered fs solely for custom themes (or mods) and if your switch does crash (due to themes not being fully implemented) there won't be any crash reports for the big N to see?
Yes, no crash reports, but again
homebrews are clearly against the tos so when you do this stuff you know that there is always a chance of ban.
So the answer is: we don't know if custom themes can get you banned.

FightingPolygon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh hey, I used to watch your videos. I'll show you a picture of the most advanced theme, and then I'll show you a picture of a few others.
unknown.png

Wii theme by CraftyBoss ^
2018092314402800-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

Bayonetta theme by WuskyDingo ^

There's also small stuff like this:
HBL_Rocket_ex_name_EUen.jpg
YO pass the files for the two themes

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Oh no way! Small world. The next video is actually finished. I need to render and upload it and we're good!

But man they look great! Thanks for that. I love these kinds of communities!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same. +1