Homebrew [RELEASE] TWLTool - DSi downgrading, save injection, etc multitool

nocash123

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
By the way the console ID DSi System Settings used for my tickets was "6B27D20002XXXXXX". (X used to censor out final digits) So a little different compared to the ones DSi uses.
Good to know... the byte order is same as for DSi console IDs, ie. the leading "6B" would be the leading "08" on DSi?
And, the X's, just wondering if they are all in range "0..9", and if the third digit from right is a "1" (as on DSi).

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Good to know... the byte order is same as for DSi console IDs, ie. the leading "6B" would be the leading "08" on DSi?
And, the X's, just wondering if they are all in range "0..9", and if the third digit from right is a "1" (as on DSi).

Well since my n3DS is eShop banned I might as well show you what the entire string looks like:

6B27D20002000000

So yeah it's not quite the same as it is on DSi. So many zeros.... :P

Can i install 4swordshax on my dsi?

EDIT: It didn't work white screen when trying to load boot.nds,

The current release builds of 4swordshax do not support hbmenu 0.6 or fat16. Make sure your card is fat32 and that you are using hbmenu 0.5 or older. I pushed a pull request to yellows8 for hbmenu 0.6 and another is pending for fat16 support but those are not available as compiled binaries yet.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: I pwned U!

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Ah. lol. Thank you

Edit: uhh... There's no .nds in there. Also this is TWLTool, not fwtool...
Sorry - I must have been confused since this thread is mainly about DSi downgarding with TWLtool :wacko:

No. I got it running on retail 3DS. Not retail DSi. Sorta big difference there. ;)
My mistake, but still i'm curious if theres is any way we can re-encrypt TwlNmenu with the retail DSi common key? Has the dev DSi common key been found?

ConsoleIDs are in this form:
08A20nnnnnnnn1nnh for DSi
08A19???????????h for some other DSi
08201nnnnnnnn1nnh for DSi XL
????????????????h for 3DS
with the "n" digits being in range 0..9 (no A..F digits). As far as I remember it took around 30 hours to brute-force the correct digits (that, doing the bruteforcing on a DSi console, it may be faster on other hardware). A tool for brute-forcing the CID would be probably more interesting (since most people already have the ConsoleID, and do only need to CID). As long as you know one of the two values it shouldn't be too difficult to brute-force the other value within reasonable time.
The problem is that since the DSi Shop has closed if you have a DSi that has no DSiWare installed you cannot transfer any DSiWare to the SD card to get the ConsoleID.

Is it possible to make a PC program that can brute-force the CID or ConsoleID? It would be really useful if you have a NAND dump and either the CID or ConsoleID to have a program that can brute-force the other value. So for instance:-

NAND dump + CID = use PC program to brute-force ConsoleID
NAND dump + ConsoleID = use PC program to brute-force CID

TAD is slang for BIN files on SD card, which isn't what you are downloading from the dsi shop. The BIN files are nice because they do also include a copy of the TMD, plus some personal data like game positions, and the ConsoleID.
So what would be the correct format to archive DSiWare? The TWL SDK only appears to use SRL and TAD.

Last edited by Razor83,

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I'm pretty sure I have my ConsoleID (Starts with 08201, 16 numbers long) but I'm not sure about my CID. It's also 16 characters long (when viewed in a hex editor). Is the CID 100% unique or does it also have a pattern to follow like the ConsoleID? I managed to get something out when using twltool 1.6.

I'm getting the MBR verification failed error

EDIT: I went and bought a copy of The Biggest Loser. The CID I dumped from Sudokuhax was invalid, after using The Biggest Loser I got a valid CID and decrypted my NAND dump.

The new problem is that mounting my NAND results in Windows stating that it's corrupt and needs to be formatted. What do I do?

Last edited by 8BitWalugi,

kajik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The new problem is that mounting my NAND results in Windows stating that it's corrupt and needs to be formatted. What do I do?
You should take into account that the DSi NAND contains multiple partitions. I don't use Windows so I'm not sure, but your problem could be that you are trying to mount the whole image instead of just the first partition.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
You should take into account that the DSi NAND contains multiple partitions. I don't use Windows so I'm not sure, but your problem could be that you are trying to mount the whole image instead of just the first partition.
You are right. I'll try again in a bit

Edit: That did it! Thank you! Now to see what I can do with it...

DarkGabbz

Resident XBOX Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Well since my n3DS is eShop banned I might as well show you what the entire string looks like:

6B27D20002000000

So yeah it's not quite the same as it is on DSi. So many zeros.... :P

The current release builds of 4swordshax do not support hbmenu 0.6 or fat16. Make sure your card is fat32 and that you are using hbmenu 0.5 or older. I pushed a pull request to yellows8 for hbmenu 0.6 and another is pending for fat16 support but those are not available as compiled binaries yet.
I tried hbmenu 0.4.7 and it didn't work.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
It is only used to dump the CID.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I got 4swordshax working nvm.
I'm just worried if something goes wrong and I lose Sudokuhax. I'm hoping I at least downgraded the System Settings correctly.

EDIT: Okay, I fucked up my Sudokuhax. However, I still had it backed up on SD card so I just copied it back and it's working again. My whitelist was removed too, my Acekard 2i is working once again. So I guess the System Menu, Whitelist, and Settings downgrade worked but I messed up the Sudokuhax save?

I take it it's meant to still say 1.4.5A in the settings?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So question, can I use The Biggest Loser to dump and restore my NAND?
No physical titles have been released with the SD/NAND access permission enabled (only TwlNMenu.srl programmed on an official flashcard, for debatable definitions of "physical" and "released")

I take it it's meant to still say 1.4.5A in the settings?
There is a system title whose only purpose is to supply apps with a system version number, you probably didn't downgrade it (and there's no objective advantage in doing so), the same is true of the 3DS (with two such titles actually for the part before and after the dash symbol) and of the WiiU (mine is proudly running 9.2.0 :D)

Reactions: 8BitWalugi

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
No physical titles have been released with the SD/NAND access permission enabled (only TwlNMenu.srl programmed on an official flashcard, for debatable definitions of "physical" and "released")

There is a system title whose only purpose is to supply apps with a system version number, you probably didn't downgrade it (and there's no objective advantage in doing so), the same is true of the 3DS (with two such titles actually for the part before and after the dash symbol) and of the WiiU (mine is proudly running 9.2.0 :D)
I see I see. Well, I figure so long I don't get rid of my Sudokuhax 1.0 on SD card I'm safe.
Unless I brick of course. But that's a whole other basket of problems in that case

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZVQF0yPnTc +1