the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
Any chance this bug with "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" gets resolved? It wasnt fixed in NES emulators until 2011. (wait for gameplay to start, screen is shaky). Its fixed in almost all post 2011 emulators. I had to dig up a pre-2011 emulator to be able to record it (alternative would be phone pointed at 3DS)

Is that a custom inject? Or it is an official release? I will test if it's fixed. If not, then we have NES forwarders at least!

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Is that a custom inject? Or it is an official release? I will test if it's fixed. If not, then we have NES forwarders at least!

Enviado desde mi XT1635-02 mediante Tapatalk

Its an Inject. PC emulator that shows the same problem called NesterJ from 2006. That way you can actually see the bug for yourself. Emulator link - http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/nes/nesterj.html

NesterJ 0.51b English version Windows Freeware Aug 6, 2006 196 Kb.

I think one way to solve this problem is to somehow use Retroarch or another modern NES emulator instead of injecting into Nintendo's emulator. Any post 2011 emulator should work and not have this issue, but I guess nintendo is using some old ass core/fork.

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I think one way to solve this problem is to somehow use Retroarch or another modern NES emulator instead of injecting into Nintendo's emulator. Any post 2011 emulator should work and not have this issue, but I guess nintendo is using some old ass core/fork.

That's what I meant when I said we have NES forwarders !

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont know what that means :)

Does that mean I cant use your tool?
It means that if the game doesn't work with Virtual console injection method, you can instead use the tool to make a home menu icon that loads homebrew nes emulator. So if you want to use a homebrew emulator the same way NES VC works then yes the tool can be used.

Also the tool isn't released yet as is currently being worked on.

Reactions: Asdolo

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It means that if the game doesn't work with Virtual console injection method, you can instead use the tool to make a home menu icon that loads homebrew nes emulator. So if you want to use a homebrew emulator the same way NES VC works then yes the tool can be used.

Also the tool isn't released yet as is currently being worked on.

If its not released yet, then whats the v1.2 download in the first post?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its not released yet, then whats the v1.2 download in the first post?
That is a different tool, he is working on a master tool, a super "ALL IN ONE" tool that works for all virtual console, not just nes. In other words, everything in one tool, weather is rom injection to Virtual console, or just rom injection to forward to homebrew emulator. It will feature more options than the current one and replace it as the definitive tool for 3DS rom injection

(This is a incomplete version that the author asked me to test months ago, and as he said will be public soon.)

upload_2017-12-13_1-51-31.png

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Chrushev

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
That is a different tool, he is working on a master tool, a super "ALL IN ONE" tool that works for all virtual console, not just nes. In other words, everything in one tool, weather is rom injection to Virtual console, or just rom injection to forward to homebrew emulator. It will feature more options than the current one and replace it as the definitive tool for 3DS rom injection

(This is a incomplete version that the author asked me to test months ago, and as he said will be public soon.)

View attachment 108239

Cool! looking forward to it :)

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quite a lot of us are, I just wanna play final fantasy 7 on the famicom on the virtual console on my 3ds
If you refferring to the famicom bootleg rom, you cannot, you need a emulator. VC emulation cannot run that and some other games especially since the rom is 2MB big, but also due to the programming of the game.

Wowjinxy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you refferring to the famicom bootleg rom, you cannot, you need a emulator. VC emulation cannot run that and some other games especially since the rom is 2MB big, but also due to the programming of the game.
Right, but with the upcoming NSUI I can make a forwarder to an emulator. I know it won't work on actual VC.

poke_psi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Asdolo! I've been lurking for a little while on gbatemp but I never got around to making an account until now. How would I get the New Super Ultimate injector? I can't seem to pm

Poudink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried this and everything goes well until testing. When I launch the cia, I get a black screen. I can still access the VC menu tho.
EDIT: Nevermind. Reading a bit more through the thread I saw that SMB3 wasn't supported and since I'm trying to inject SMB3 romhacks, that explains the problem I was having.

Last edited by Poudink,

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I tried this and everything goes well until testing. When I launch the cia, I get a black screen. I can still access the VC menu tho.
EDIT: Nevermind. Reading a bit more through the thread I saw that SMB3 wasn't supported and since I'm trying to inject SMB3 romhacks, that explains the problem I was having.
Use the New Super Ultimate Injector beta that is posted in the 3dshacks subreddit.

Poudink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't seem to find it. Sorry, I've never used reddit before lol.
EDIT: Nevermind, found it and managed to make a working import.
EDIT2: How do I change button mappings in the quicknes core?

Last edited by Poudink,

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a bit of a "problem" I'm probably missing something completely obvious but I can't seem to find it.

I load a pokemon Fire Red rom in the injector and let it auto fill in some of the steps, then I set it up with the icon, name and banner, then when I get to the end i choose a pokemon vega IPS patch and patch the game, while also selecting the SRAM option. Then I install the CIA and it works, although whenever I save and restart it says "save has been deleted" and I have no idea what i'm doing wrong.....

Asdolo

the Hedgehog
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm having a bit of a "problem" I'm probably missing something completely obvious but I can't seem to find it.

I load a pokemon Fire Red rom in the injector and let it auto fill in some of the steps, then I set it up with the icon, name and banner, then when I get to the end i choose a pokemon vega IPS patch and patch the game, while also selecting the SRAM option. Then I install the CIA and it works, although whenever I save and restart it says "save has been deleted" and I have no idea what i'm doing wrong.....

This is the NES Injector thread, not the GBA one!
Anyway, you should NOT use the GBA Injector anymore. Use this instead: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/7mz97h/public_beta_release_nsui_beta_26_allinone_vc/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PYUKEiLGHpQ?si=UosLAHElVkjIKfxN