Hacking [RELEASE] Wii U USB Helper, a small eShop for Windows !

Which theme do you prefer?

• The dark theme

Votes: 225 84.3%
  • The light theme

Votes: 42 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm doing my best to maintain the app but I've been having a very bad case of flu lately so it's hard for me to react quickly when something happens. Please understand if there are no new updates for a little while, I'll start working on the app as soon as I get better :)

I hope you get better, tho, please consider addeding a pause / resume download feature : P

wprpalmeida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This is no clone, this is the same program, it just changed name. And yes I'm the author :)

Hi Hikari06,

I have noticed that your title.cert files have a different hash when compared to the ones when downloading stuff using uTikDownload Helper, FunkiiU adn NEWNUSGrabber-UI (all these three match between them)

Could this have any side effect?

edit: quoting for notification

Last edited by wprpalmeida,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i'm pretty sure its possible (:
I don't get that pause request anyway.
Games, updates and DLCs are separated into several smaller packages. So it's not like you're downloading a 13 GB game in one run but in a few smaller runs instead.
So if you close Wii U USB Helper after packge 5 of 13 has been downloaded it will continue with 6 of 13 after relaunching the tool. What's the problem with that?

cow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hello people...is it save to us this program to download the games?...are you using more programs beside usb helper voor your id protection?
nobody is talking about that? why?
greetings

lembi2001

Trophies
XP
Country
hello people...is it save to us this program to download the games?...are you using more programs beside usb helper voor your id protection?
nobody is talking about that? why?
greetings

This program is just a client to download the files from Nintendo's Servers. The servers don't require a login or anything like that which is why this software and others like it work. There is no need to hide ID or anything similar as the Nintendo Servers just see a request for the file and then provide the file.

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't get that pause request anyway.
Games, updates and DLCs are separated into several smaller packages. So it's not like you're downloading a 13 GB game in one run but in a few smaller runs instead.
So if you close Wii U USB Helper after packge 5 of 13 has been downloaded it will continue with 6 of 13 after relaunching the tool. What's the problem with that?

That's exactly why I asked for it, so you don't have to close the program every time you need to pause the download for few minutes, like for when you want to watch a video and the download is eating up all bandwidth.

Reactions: lordelan

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the possibility of using the files downloaded through this program and converting it to wud, wad, wux, iso, or rpx to be used with CEMU? I've tried googling but I'm not entirely sure what you would call these files. I would imagine it's not as simple as just putting all the files into an .iso. Maybe there's a program that converts it to a readable extension.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Hikari06;

Hope you are feeling better or at least will be asap! Relax for sure.
When you're good and ready to come back, I was wondering...
Now that FAT32 is going to be a thing soon:
Will your app allow management/decryption of the encrypted .app files and copying to FAT32USB vs SD?

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the possibility of using the files downloaded through this program and converting it to wud, wad, wux, iso, or rpx to be used with CEMU? I've tried googling but I'm not entirely sure what you would call these files. I would imagine it's not as simple as just putting all the files into an .iso. Maybe there's a program that converts it to a readable extension.
You're likely to hear these called NUS downloads, encrypted titles, or .app files. You can decrypt these files using Crediar's CDecrypt or a similar utility. You end up with code, content, and meta directories. The rpx is inside code.

wprpalmeida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
am I the only one freaking out about this difference in the title.cert files?

I guess I checked this thread a dozen times today :unsure:

as I'm completely new to the wii u scene, i don't know if i should uninstall everything and start fresh

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed that your title.cert files have a different hash when compared to the ones when downloading stuff using uTikDownload Helper, FunkiiU adn NEWNUSGrabber-UI (all these three match between them) Could this have any side effect?
am I the only one freaking out about this difference in the title.cert files?
I guess I checked this thread a dozen times today :unsure:
as I'm completely new to the wii u scene, i don't know if i should uninstall everything and start fresh
If you look at the cert file with a hex editor, you'll see that there are three sections that look like they might be the same kind of data. Two start with 00 01 00 04 (each 0x300 bytes long) and one starts with 00 01 00 03 (0x400 bytes long).

The usb helper one that I grabbed the other day was in 04, 03, 04 order. An older one from jnustool was in 03, 04, 04 order. By moving the 03 section to the top of the file that came from usb helper, the files compared exactly the same.

Since both work, the WiiU doesn't seem to care about the order, as long as it can find the each part as it is needed.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're likely to hear these called NUS downloads, encrypted titles, or .app files. You can decrypt these files using Crediar's CDecrypt or a similar utility. You end up with code, content, and meta directories. The rpx is inside code.
Thanks for the info. I ended up using NUSGrabber's built-in decrypt function to decrypt the files I got from this program. I could just use NUSGrabber but this one is more convenient.

Reactions: nexusmtz

wprpalmeida

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you look at the cert file with a hex editor, you'll see that there are three sections that look like they might be the same kind of data. Two start with 00 01 00 04 (each 0x300 bytes long) and one starts with 00 01 00 03 (0x400 bytes long).

The usb helper one that I grabbed the other day was in 04, 03, 04 order. An older one from jnustool was in 03, 04, 04 order. By moving the 03 section to the top of the file that came from usb helper, the files compared exactly the same.

Since both work, the WiiU doesn't seem to care about the order, as long as it can find the each part as it is needed.
When using WiiU Usb Helper, I consistently get a title.cert with the same hashes (i'm checking CRC32 and MD5)

But when using other softwares, not only are the hashes the same between them, but the hash doesn't match that of USB helper's files. I don't know if Nintendo detects these, that's why I'm worried

To make it clear.

All my Wii U USB Helper downloaded Games and Updates (13 games in total) have this same hashes:
Code:
CRC-32: 0b80c239
MD5: 420d5e6bb1bcb09b234f02cf6a6f4597

But all files I downloaded from Funkii-UI, uTikDownloadHelper and NEW-NUSGrabber have the following hashes:
Code:
CRC-32: 329e7c76
MD5: 180b34b0f373518b171f21e7b4a28485

From what you said, differences can happen. I just find it weird it's so consistent

Last edited by wprpalmeida,

Bonovox40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using WiiU USB Helper, and when it starts and pops up the "Ticket" window, I entered 'that site' we address that is mentioned, in the very bottom window, but not sure what else to do? (following the youtube video guide)

After pasting the weblink, am I supposed to do anything else before attempting to browse? Clicking on the x to close that window, the program gives me pop-up warning messages stating something like "This program needs ticket info in order to function correctly" or such, and ends up where I can't shut it down unless I task manager/kill it.
But in the tutorial video, all he ever does is just type in the title key web address in the bottom box, and starts browsing around no problem. What am I missing here?

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried using WiiU USB Helper, and when it starts and pops up the "Ticket" window, I entered 'that site' we address that is mentioned, in the very bottom window, but not sure what else to do? (following the youtube video guide)

After pasting the weblink, am I supposed to do anything else before attempting to browse? Clicking on the x to close that window, the program gives me pop-up warning messages stating something like "This program needs ticket info in order to function correctly" or such, and ends up where I can't shut it down unless I task manager/kill it.
But in the tutorial video, all he ever does is just type in the title key web address in the bottom box, and starts browsing around no problem. What am I missing here?

You can't pastie it, write the Whole address in :)

hitcher73

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, the program run a update today. And it is stuck on installing.
Tried to uninstall and install again, but still it is stuck at "Preparing Application"

Anybody know a solution to this?

upload_2017-1-5_20-53-59.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, If it's so shitty, why don't you clean it up. :tpi: