ROM Hack [Release][WIP] Dragon Quest 8 3ED (Orchestrated, Uncensored and Undubbed)

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is why I asked him for remove his adfly links and name from credits.
If you're ok with clean links, then I am.
Make a build doesn't make him work with us, lol...

To be honest, I don't really care about adf.ly (I didn't even think to check if he had put some adf.ly links, like most of his uploads) but I also asked Billy to remove the adf.ly as you care about them.

But it'll now be a problem to quickly fix the crash with a new version, as nor you and me as good upload speeds xD

She is banned from the site as per Admins.
Admins contacted Billy to remove adfly links as you requested.

I think it's a bit rude, but well, it's their website so their choice.

Last edited by davhuit,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
To be honest, I don't really care about adf.ly (I didn't even think to check if he had put some adf.ly links, like most of his uploads) but I also asked Billy to remove the adf.ly as you care about them.

But it'll now be a problem to quickly fix the crash with a new version, as nor you and me as good upload speeds xD

I think it's a bit rude, but well, it's their website so their choice.
Anyone can post all links they want as long they're not claiming its their own work if they use our work/infos and not monetizing it.
The rest I don't care too.
We never asked admins to get him banned, but well, their choices.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, and I spoke with Dragon, my real account should be back in some minutes/hours.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What is funny is if someone else would deserve a credit, it would rather be @toto621 rather than him/her, as he's the one who found the second crash and he's also the one who rush the game to check if it works fine.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, and he reported lot of english dialogues.
I want even add him the the credits section for help once the full package is released :3

Reactions: Nayuren

rudras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Excuse me to intrude but I would like to know if you have planned to do a full undub but without the restoration patch to give people like me the choice to stay with the original captures?
I just wanna a Eur version of this game with voices and music in japanese, thats all, do you think its possible in your opinion ?

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry that the situation escalated like this, didn't really expect it to, anyhow I gave my 2cents on that ISO site.

As for your project, try waiting for the new Restoration Project version, DarkSynopsis already has all the outfits uncensored including the ones I helped out with, but I'm still working on the last one that's still giving me trouble to look right (the Bunny outfit) and I'd really like to get it look as good as possible before release, and as such it would be better if you waited with final version of your undub with the 3-in-1 until we can get the new version of restoration out.

Also I apologize for taking so long but it really isn't as simple as it may seem, it's impossible to just use PS2 textures on the radically altered oufits like the Bunny and it needs plenty of manual labour to "unfuck" it.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
They already deleted all of our messages...

I completely asked Billy to remove the undub (it has a crash anyway so no big deal for now), can't really support such website which delete the messages they don't like... We'll share it elsewhere later, it's not really a problem.

Arf...too bad... well I will stay with the clean one then...
Thanks for answering:)

If you know how to unpack/repack a game, you can then easily make your own version without them. You don't like the uncensoring?

Last edited by davhuit,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Arf...too bad... well I will stay with the clean one then...
Thanks for answering:)
Anyways, as I said, I will relase also a MINI pack to build the game for peoples want it.
You can cut it and only use what you want.
When I meant we'll release 3 mods or nothing, its only for the released and pre-patched .3DS .CIA ready to download/isntall/play.

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry that the situation escalated like this, didn't really expect it to, anyhow I gave my 2cents on that ISO site.

As for your project, try waiting for the new Restoration Project version, DarkSynopsis already has all the outfits uncensored including the ones I helped out with, but I'm still working on the last one that's still giving me trouble to look right (the Bunny outfit) and I'd really like to get it look as good as possible before release, and as such it would be better if you waited with final version of your undub with the 3-in-1 until we can get the new version of restoration out.

Also I apologize for taking so long but it really isn't as simple as it may seem, it's impossible to just use PS2 textures on the radically altered oufits like the Bunny and it needs plenty of manual labour to "unfuck" it.

I think the next version of the undub won't be out before a while anyway, as it might have other crashs so as I first thought, it's better to wait until we are sure the version can be played from start to end.

rudras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, not really... I actually prefer some of the new outfits now and I dont really like the changes I see with the patch on...
It might be weird but I feel the same way as if they were the one "censoring/altering" the game.
Dont take it wrong, Im a big fan of all Undub and remix version I see here but I just dont feel the same this time.

Anyway, Im not skilled with editing game or anything so like I said I will stay with the original... good luck to you for the rest;)

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It might be weird but I feel the same way as if they were the one "censoring/altering" the game.
No matter how you feel it doesn't change the facts that it's the 3DS outfits that are censored and what we're doing is uncensoring them.
Mental gymnastics won't make a difference.

Last edited by Canzah,

rudras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is your interpretation...you are altering a choice made by the developers themselves not by a external company who forced them to do anything...
Technically you are not uncensoring anything, you are just going against their choices of localisation.
And I dont say its wrong or right, but its up to everyone opinion.

Last edited by rudras,

DarkSynopsis

Trophies
Website
ninjasfate.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
This is your interpretation...you are altering a choice made by the developers themselves not by a external company who forced them to do anything...
Technically you are not uncensoring anything, you are just going against their choices of localisation.
And I dont say its wrong or right, but its up to everyone opinion.

I'm pretty much in the same boat, it doesn't really bother me since at the end of the day the dev team changed stuff in the 3DS version when it came to Jessica's outfits and since its the same in Japan as the US/EU its fine in my book, its why I stuck to "Restoration" since the goal was to bring it in line to what the PS2 had to some extent, I've heard the PS2 didn't even have Voices in Japan so should be going back and taking those out if we wanted to go that far :P

However they certainly "censored" some of the NPCs adding Black Shorts under some armor pieces and such that just look awful.

Pretty much started the project since I can't help but toy with modding games every now and then.

Canzah

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They WERE forced by external company, namely the Japanese ratings board "CERO", which told them they won't get the "A" rating if they don't censor the game.
So they were either forced to accept a higher rating which meant less sales, or censor the game in order to keep the "A" rating.
They decided to censor instead.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Seems I talked too soon, the 3DS freeze during the cutscene with Jessica and Dominico, see the picture.
It's ok, crash is now fixed.
I fixed it just now.

Now it's funny, because I found another crash, 2 or 3 dialogues just after this one, always evil jessica.
But I also fixed it in the same time.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK GUYS I HAVE SOME VERY GOOD NEWS

I know how to keep the japanese voices without crash, I know why it crash.
I did a try, it worked just fine.
I won't say why now "why and how to fix it" because I want keep the surprise until the release, but the undub should be more easy to fix.

Last edited by Asia81,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76bIuU_g6A8