ROM Hack [RELEASED] Blood of Bahamut English Patch

fleed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much! I remember reading about this game in a magazine (game informer?) about getting a US release and being disappointed that it didn't, but this project was a wonderful surprise.

AsPika2219

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Ok, tried a fresh rom. Fresh is 64mb, patched is 59.2?

That's right! By using tool named NDS ExplorerEx, here the info!

Original Japanese

ROM size:- 64MB (512 MBit), File size:- 65,536KB, Trimmed:- 60,586KB

English patch

ROM size:- 64MB (512 MBit), File size:- 60,650KB, Trimmed:- 60,651KB

Wow! This games after using English patch was trimmed..... :wacko:

Aaron Chmielowiec

Wielder of the 4 sacred cheeses
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
Cheating already?

I've heard mixed reports but if you want to be absolutely sure, the same game works with the original Japanese image. Load your game into that, put in your cheats for things like levels and items, save it and them reimport it back into your English patched game.

For things that dynamically boost your movement speed or recharge rate the codes you know may have to be modified. I haven't spent too much time looking into what would need to be changed.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they want to fight me on those grounds when the English text is only viewable anyway if you own the original game and apply the patch, let them. Just like they also should know (and Konami learned after years of threatening me over Bemani related info) that using the law as a means of harassment is called barratry and is illegal, even in this country.

It's not barratry if you're actually doing something illegal. Distyributing a translation of someone's copyrighted text is illegal.

Furthermore, the exclusive right to produce translations is specifically a right of the copyright owner in the WIPO copyright treaty (which was signed by both Japan and the US and is the basis for copyright laws in both countries).

Anime gets fan subbed and dubbed, too. Does that mean no fan subs or dubs exist? What about strategy guides. There are unofficial ones on sale in physical form and faqs online that also contain the story in some cases.

Fansubs and dubs are illegal too, of course.

Strategy guides are fair use as long as you only quote the amount of text you need.

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many (if not all) users with a flashcart never read the manual of the game they are playing.
It's a nice addition to have to make it look professional , but if you do it then release it separately, or you should write it and take your own screenshots. don't just edit the scanned one.

It's maybe too much work for what it's worth.

and then some of us have every manual for every game we've every played on or off a flash card., even long after we've beaten the game. There are even some of us who collect them....the manuals, the covers,the artwork etc......

anyone need a manual for the original GB color Shadowgate Classic? I have it right here.... (Now that one may be overly simple for most of us but many are not)

Some games would be near unplayable without them, unless they were posted somewhere on the net, which I'm sure they are somewhere on the net.. Sometimes you may just want to answer a niggling question about the game you've always wondered, or just want a 'complete set'. I know I'm that way about some of my favorites; Advance Wars, Fire Emblems, etc...have all original Guides etc..
enough from me already...
out

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Soooo, let's not turn this thread into a debate about the legality of the patch. If SE decides to take action, then they'll take action regardless of what any of us know (or think we know) about copyright law.

Recall that a SE representative contacted Sky about the Final Fantasy Reishiki translation project and issued a C&D order. I've been told that some of the folks at SE have been aware of the BoB translation project for quite some time. We never kept this translation a secret, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if they knew. In fact, I'd be surprised if they didn't know, especially in light of the Reishiki litigation incident.

And yet, none of us who were involved in this particular project (that I know of) have ever been contacted by any SE representative at any time during the creation of this patch. If SE thought that they stood to gain more revenue from this IP outside of Japan, I figure they would have reached out to us at some point. They could have issued a C&D at any time, and I would have complied with the law if they had. I love this community, but not enough to get into legal trouble for it :P

So far, so good. Just keeping my fingers crossed so that as many people can enjoy this patch as possible and make it worth all the hard work that everyone put into it over the past few years.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So what exactly is this game? Is it like Monster Hunter? Or is it more of a tactical/strategy RPG? Gamefaqs doesn't really give much info other than that it's a "General Role-Playing Game."
DS1 wrote the GameFAQs guide for this game long before anyone even attempted to translate it (he's A7thSteve over there). I think he gives a pretty accurate description of the game in the intro to his guide.

Reactions: GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States

legaiaflame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After the first mission when you have to select your characters, I go to mission and just get a black screen. Any ideas to solve the problem?

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Great work! I just downloaded it for safe keeping... Will try it out sometime when I've got the time to dive in to a game like this ;)

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh no a patch for an SE game, someone quickly let Densetsu know about this the last time a english patch for a SE game was release all hell broke loose from the lawyers at SE.

Kiddy lol. Nice patch I will definitely check this one out.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
wow, i completely forgot this game existed. its a really nice surprise that it was still being worked on and even finished now. thank you for all your hard work, bob-team!

tullfan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys if theres cheats to be updated for this rom then retrogamefan will do them and thank you for the patch.

but as aaron says the Japanese save translates to this patch upon playing so maybe the existing cheats will work if not then retrogamefan will update the cheat when he does his next firmware update

Aaron Chmielowiec

Wielder of the 4 sacred cheeses
Trophies
Website
aaronin.jp
XP
Country
After the first mission when you have to select your characters, I go to mission and just get a black screen. Any ideas to solve the problem?

Are you running an R4i Max? I had a message written to me saying that card was causing problems. For me the game worked fine on an original R4, Ace 3DS Plus and DSTwo but there may be problems with other carts. I'll look into it. The game started feeling a bit "heavy" as in slight delay between some menus when all the text was put in place but I wasn't sure if that would result in a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Soi soi soi rofl rofl rofl