ROM Hack [RELEASED] Blood of Bahamut English Patch

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
I have a gameplay question that doesn't seem to be covered on Wikipedia, and since it sounds like you guys/gals are knee-deep into the translation, I figured you might be able to answer this:

The Wikipedia page says something to the effect of being able to have four characters battle the giant boss creatures. Are the three other characters A.I.-controlled only, or can you hook up with other players via Nintendo WFC? Or are they controlled by the player, a la an RTS?

You can play local multi-player, but I that's about it from what I've played.

Here's a gamefaq topic about it right before they went off-topic >_>
Gamefaqs

suruz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Awesomeness!! I'm really happy that you guys are making progress! I still don't know why Squeenix didn't bother localizing this, since it looks like a pretty interesting game, but at least we'll get a decent fan-translation instead~ ;D

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suruz said:
Awesomeness!! I'm really happy that you guys are making progress! I still don't know why Squeenix didn't bother localizing this, since it looks like a pretty interesting game, but at least we'll get a decent fan-translation instead~ ;D

I've read in various places that sales in Japan were very poor. I'm guessing SE was of the mindset of "if a niche title like this won't sell here, it likely won't sell in the west."

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
suruz said:

I've read in various places that sales in Japan were very poor. I'm guessing SE was of the mindset of "if a niche title like this won't here, it likely won't sell in the west."

The sales were poor, but from what I know Squeenie rarely license games out. I know Ignition tried to bring it over.

sayuki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i love you guys! hehe keep up the good work! BOOKMARKED!
yaynds.gif

orion4874

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with sayuki, all you translators and hackers rock! It kills me that all these awsome games released in Japan never make it over here. You provide us with the opportunity to enjoy them so thank you very much for everything!

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just want to let y'all know that even if the first post isn't being updated frequently, progress has been made. Admittedly I haven't done much work on it myself lately, but the others have been great. I'll be working on this project full-time after my final exams at the end of this month (less than 3 weeks from now).

Don't worry, this won't become one of those fail projects that don't get completed. Too much work has gone into this--it would be a waste NOT to finish it.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu9000 said:
Just want to let y'all know that even if the first post isn't being updated frequently, progress has been made. Admittedly I haven't done much work on it myself lately, but the others have been great. I'll be working on this project full-time after my final exams at the end of this month (less than 3 weeks from now).

Don't worry, this won't become one of those fail projects that don't get completed. Too much work has gone into this--it would be a waste NOT to finish it.

I'll be on it fulltime after the release of TMGS2. I have 150 files to proofread for Inori and I's current translation and I'm done! X____X
If I can get those done tonight or tomorrow and release the final patch, I can pull all dayers to get the BoB honor titles done!
biggrin.gif

Sorry for the delay guys!

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear it. I have to admit, I peek my head in every now and again in anticipation, trying to see how things are progressing. There's just something about this engine Square Enix has used on DS that I love. Loved it in Revenant Wings, and I loved it in Covenant of the Plume. And with this having that sort of SotC thing going on, it's always been a game I've been very interested in playing.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
GeekyGuy said:
Glad to hear it. I have to admit, I peek my head in every now and again in anticipation, trying to see how things are progressing. There's just something about this engine Square Enix has used on DS that I love. Loved it in Revenant Wings, and I loved it in Covenant of the Plume. And with this having that sort of SotC thing going on, it's always been a game I've been very interested in playing.

Thanks for all the hard work.
What?
Covenant of the Plume doesn't use the same engine this game does because it was developed by tri-Ace. And I'm pretty sure BoB and RW don't use the same engine either, only they're developed by Think & Feel so they have a similar look.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Densetsu9000 said:

I'll be on it fulltime after the release of TMGS2. I have 150 files to proofread for Inori and I's current translation and I'm done! X____X
If I can get those done tonight or tomorrow and release the final patch, I can pull all dayers to get the BoB honor titles done!
biggrin.gif

Sorry for the delay guys!

Good luck on TMGS2 (if it hasn't been finished already!). Like Densetsu, I've had some stuff throwing a wrench in my translation time. Luckily it looks like we'll all be able to work on it at the same time soon, I know I need some serious help with the upcoming Shiva chapter
ohmy.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow 73% in only a few months? gbatemp can kick ass when it wants to. I'm impressed.

Ultraseven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hardly ever post but after looking at those screenshot I am damn impressed. Good job!
Wish the rest of the community wouldn't give up and push to finish their projects (and ignore trolls)

I also wish there was as active PSP translation community but oh well..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk