Hacking Remake of Super Mario Bros (SMB Team)

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
roku93 said:
This is my take on the cover, feel free to use it. I didn't give a lot of thought on the back cover, as you can probably see. If someone wants to write some punchy text, I'd be glad to replace the the lorem ipsum placeholder.

2upr4fl.png

PS: Sorry I used wrong name, I just couldn't resist.
EPIC WIN

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Damn... both covers look awesome! I like both equally...

Maybe one for NTSC version of final patch and one for PAL version of final patch?

hamradio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
-aXe- said:
Okay cool. A shot with the level ending flag, fighting with Bowser, and a random screen from an underground level with some enemies on screen. Going to make a nice display for the back of the case. Already working out placement and text.

Ok I ended up taking a whole bunch of screens at 1280x720 download here. It's 7.41mb.
I can do 1920x1080 if you need it but some of the textures will get really blocky.

Yoshi Party

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
may I ask you something
smile.gif

is it important which level you do replace?
The famous Yoshi's Island2 level is a good example->Is it necessary to replace the one arc file which was used to creat it?

thx for any help

Ragee1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nikeymikey said:
Hi i would be interested in joining as a tester, havent really worked out reggie yet.
thchang said:
i would like to become a beta tester
i am good with SMB
smile.gif

ok just get the levels that are available and just post your thoughts
yaywii.gif

damysteryman said:
Damn... both covers look awesome! I like both equally...

Maybe one for NTSC version of final patch and one for PAL version of final patch?

Patches that's above my level of expertise...lol

QUOTE(Yoshi Party @ Apr 4 2010, 04:26 PM)
may I ask you something
smile.gif

is it important which level you do replace?
The famous Yoshi's Island2 level is a good example->Is it necessary to replace the one arc file which was used to creat it?

thx for any help

For the most part i would say it doesn't matter...but on level SMBW1S4 by ragee1234 and SMBW2S4 SMBT version i made this using the first tower and castle as a base so if this dont work right i would suggest to switch SMBW1S4 with tower 1 and SMBW2S4 SMBT version with castle one.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
roku93 said:
This is my take on the cover, feel free to use it. I didn't give a lot of thought on the back cover, as you can probably see. If someone wants to write some punchy text, I'd be glad to replace the the lorem ipsum placeholder.

2upr4fl.png

PS: Sorry I used wrong name, I just couldn't resist.
Join Mario on his Bowser-bashing classic quest - Again! Bowser has once again invaded the Mushroom Kingdom and kidnapped Princess Peach. It's up to you to save her. Battle through classic Super Mario Bros. levels and claim your Princess!

Take down Bowser's Baddies, Kill his Koopalings, and rescue the Princess once again - with all the classic levels of the original Super Mario Bros!

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you guys doing for the additional stages in NSMBWii, since each world has a 1,2,3,Tower,4,5,6,& Castle at a minimum?

May I suggest taking the SMB2J/Lost Levels stages and using them for the second half of each world?

Also, I would suggest replacing the STRM_BGM_CHIJOU.btsrm sound file with this:
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/ninte...ropical_Mix.MID

It's a perfect match for NSMBW & it would be easy to increase the tempo for a STRM_BGM_CHIJOU_FAST.btsrm.

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aml435 said:
What are you guys doing for the additional stages in NSMBWii, since each world has a 1,2,3,Tower,4,5,6,& Castle at a minimum?

May I suggest taking the SMB2J/Lost Levels stages and using them for the second half of each world?

It's a perfect match for NSMBW & it would be easy to increase the tempo for a STRM_BGM_CHIJOU_FAST.btsrm.
I was thinking this, but it's not in the true spirit of the classic.

However, I believe there should be a remake of Lost Levels all on it's own, I always liked it's difficulty more than the original.

Ragee1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aml435 said:

what i was thinking was putting 2 classic worlds per one new world...so in mine its set up so if u start a new game....beat the 1st 3 levels then the tower is the boss level for world 1...then beat 3 more levels, which are now world 2 levels, then castle is boss level for world 2 and so on...i was thinking because there is gonna be worlds left over we could have the Lost Levels to continue it on..so i think it would be world 1 through 4 of the new game would consist of Super Mario Bros and then the remaining worlds would have the lost levels...lol...but first i want to finish the original mario before we move on to another mario game

-aXe-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hamradio said:
-aXe- said:
Okay cool. A shot with the level ending flag, fighting with Bowser, and a random screen from an underground level with some enemies on screen. Going to make a nice display for the back of the case. Already working out placement and text.

Ok I ended up taking a whole bunch of screens at 1280x720 download here. It's 7.41mb.
I can do 1920x1080 if you need it but some of the textures will get really blocky.
Thanks for those!
yay.gif
Almost done. Just have to write on it.

The latest
2mnnnug.png

Ragee1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-aXe- said:
hamradio said:
-aXe- said:

Thanks for those!
yay.gif

The latest
2mnnnug.png

nice work
yaywii.gif

zamlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-aXe- said:
hamradio said:
-aXe- said:

Thanks for those!
yay.gif

The latest
2mnnnug.png

Totaly kills mine
yaywii.gif

-aXe-

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys
biggrin.gif

gameking66 said:
Join Mario on his Bowser-bashing classic quest - Again! Bowser has once again invaded the Mushroom Kingdom and kidnapped Princess Peach. It's up to you to save her. Battle through classic Super Mario Bros. levels and claim your Princess!

Take down Bowser's Baddies, Kill his Koopalings, and rescue the Princess once again - with all the classic levels of the original Super Mario Bros!
I'm using this! Changed it a little, but it's still your idea on my boxart
wink.gif

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ragee1234 said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
I'll be in as a tester and possibly level creator/editor. (already soft modded my wii to play pirated games, just give me the ios)

Well i cant supply you with the iso cuz its not permitted here but im sure you can find it yourself or the easiest way to get one if you own one is to use the rip function in many of the usb loaders...so simple....i'll be adding a guide on how to test this levels shortly...

wiihackerz101 and Delta517 are now a part of the team...yay..and thanks vashTS
Use "let me google that for you" too show me what to type in, http://lmgtfy.com/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH