sushyoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello,

I have a PS4 at 4.73 firmware and am trying to not update in hope of a exploit soon.

The problem is that I cannto use PC remote play since it asks for me to update the ps4 each time. Anyway around it?

I also have a vita with henkaku which I can remote play well but I would like to use PC aswell.

Anyone has information on how to deal with this?

sushyoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So why does it work with my vita even without being logged in on psn on the vita?

I run remote play on vita fine. The systems asks me to update the ps4 firmware only when i launch a game. I always choose to not update and i can run the game fine.

However when i use PC remote play, I can connect to the PS4 ( can turn on ps4 using PC remote play) but then it asks to update the ps4 and fails.

I tried to mod the remote play pc program to work offline (which the method is available online) and I still get rhe same problem, even when I am connecting the ps4 exclusively to a router without any internet.

Anyone has a similar experience?

sushyoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It seems you need an older version of remote play to work on a ps4 with less than 5.0 firmware. Then just install Mysterydash offline patch and it will make possible to cancel the option to update the remote play application and therefore enable pc remote play on a PS4 below 5.0.
Hope my findings help others.

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The problem is that the Remote Play PC version ALWAYS communicates over the PSN server, even if your PS4 is in the same subnet. Thats why it asks you to update the PS4 firmware. The Vita can and will try to communicate directly with the PS4 first, hence why you don't need to be signed in.

sushyoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The problem is that the Remote Play PC version ALWAYS communicates over the PSN server, even if your PS4 is in the same subnet. Thats why it asks you to update the PS4 firmware. The Vita can and will try to communicate directly with the PS4 first, hence why you don't need to be signed in.

Not really true. I have a router with just a PS4 connecting through LAN, no internet, broadcasting a Wifi signal. I just connect to that Wifi on my PC and run the offline patched pc remote play app. The remote play app version is 2.0.0.2211 , which can run without asking my PS4 to update.

Reactions: Dramacydril

hypergreatthing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure if the replies are true or not.

Remote play initialization is tied to psn, but once it's been initialized and turned on i don't believe you need to even be connected to the internet for it to function with remote play.

At least i've read where people who were still on 1.76 were utilizing remote play over their local lan without any problems. The reason was that when 1.76 was the latest firmware they initialized it.

I'm in the same boat myself where i'm on 4.55 and remote play is not initialized. Whenever you go to it it asks you to log into psn. I feel that this is kinda like the browser initializing and that some work needs to be done to trick it into enabling it without psn.

I've been playing around with the ps4 registry editor without any luck on this.

If any hacks come out for 5.05 then i'll be able to pull a registry copy from my initialized ps4 and compare.

I also figured it might be something similar to the psn enabler work that was done on the vita. There's a file called account.dat under the user directory that seems to be tied to psn. I tried something something along the lines of yi fan's work and putting in my psn id in the fine but no luck. I'm just poking around in the dark.

Last edited by hypergreatthing,
Reactions: ps4temp and KiiWii

hypergreatthing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure if the replies are true or not.

Remote play initialization is tied to psn, but once it's been initialized and turned on i don't believe you need to even be connected to the internet for it to function with remote play.

At least i've read where people who were still on 1.76 were utilizing remote play over their local lan without any problems. The reason was that when 1.76 was the latest firmware they initialized it.

I'm in the same boat myself where i'm on 4.55 and remote play is not initialized. Whenever you go to it it asks you to log into psn. I feel that this is kinda like the browser initializing and that some work needs to be done to trick it into enabling it without psn.

I've been playing around with the ps4 registry editor without any luck on this.

If any hacks come out for 5.05 then i'll be able to pull a registry copy from my initialized ps4 and compare.

I also figured it might be something similar to the psn enabler work that was done on the vita. There's a file called account.dat under the user directory that seems to be tied to psn. I tried something something along the lines of yi fan's work and putting in my psn id in the fine but no luck. I'm just poking around in the dark.
Also, lets just say that i've given up on trying to enable remote play. I'd like to get it enabled, but there's big issues with it. The biggest issue with remote play is that sony left it up to the publisher to allow it or not. There are games (Lots of gundam games for example) in which the publisher prevented remote play and screenshots and broadcasting in all scenarios. That really puts a damper to how effective remote play is.

Now if there was a remote play enabler that also removed publisher controls i'd be all over that.

Reactions: ps4temp and KiiWii

Dramacydril

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Not really true. I have a router with just a PS4 connecting through LAN, no internet, broadcasting a Wifi signal. I just connect to that Wifi on my PC and run the offline patched pc remote play app. The remote play app version is 2.0.0.2211 , which can run without asking my PS4 to update.

Hi sushyoshi, i have the exact same problem as you. I have a 4.05 ps4 and connected (lan cables) both laptop (win10) and ps4 to a router without internet connection (wan port not used). I patched 3 versions (found on the github page) with the offline patcher (mysterydash) but cant connect. I can see that the ps4 wants to connect but then i get a error code or when i use a add device connect code then it says that the code is not for the current profile (Weird). Sometimes i get; you must update the system software error in the remote play tool.

Can you tell me step for step in detail how you fixed this? When do i need to patch the program and do i need to login in the patched remote play program and then disconnect. Please help me.
Thanks

Last edited by Dramacydril,

puppydg68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
on a patched remote play on PC (patched by mysterdash). You simply need to log it in to any PSN account. Once its done that successfully, you have access to the Manual Connection button. You can see it there, but because its forcing you to log into PSN, you can't click it. You can click it once you've logged into a PSN account. Even if your PS4 isn't on.

haduken92019

Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
puppydg68 is your remote play on PS4 initialized? Because mine is not, and I think that's where the problem is. As soon as you want to you use it for the first time it asks you to update the firmware.

Or can you get around that with your setup?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried myprofile.dat located here on the vita: ur0:user/00/np ? I think that's the file for remote play, but I could be wrong. there's a generator for it that evens out at 328 bytes. all you need is your psn user name. the rest is just a bunch of 0s. don't sign in with it though. the real one has additional information like encryption keys.

Dramacydril

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
on a patched remote play on PC (patched by mysterdash). You simply need to log it in to any PSN account. Once its done that successfully, you have access to the Manual Connection button. You can see it there, but because its forcing you to log into PSN, you can't click it. You can click it once you've logged into a PSN account. Even if your PS4 isn't on.

Yeah i insert the remote play code and then i can see the ps4 wanting to connect but then i get a error. Does it work for you? Whats your setup, router or direct ps4 to pc lan connection

sushyoshi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I am not sure but I think you need to have used remote play 1st time on latest firmware to register your login access

puppydg68

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah i insert the remote play code and then i can see the ps4 wanting to connect but then i get a error. Does it work for you? Whats your setup, router or direct ps4 to pc lan connection

I only connected a long time ago on firmware 4.05, have updated since, no issues. My PS4 has been offline since the first day launch of PS4 Pro. I downloaded all my PSN games, and updates on day one, then unplugged it. I run my lan with a fake gateway. ie. if my network is 192.168.1.X on the PS4 I give it a false gateway of 192.168.1.253 (to ensure PS4 can't get out to the internet). Then my PC and PS4 are on the same LAN 192.168.1.X I am able to use the on-screen code to connect to remote play. I've even done a clean windows 10 install and reinstalled remote play since then. I just had to log into PSN from my PC remote play app, to get the Manual connect settings. Go to the PS4 and have it display the code, and it all worked. I don't remember setting up remote play until just recently, but I know at somepoint in my PS4 history I probably connected remote play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xxh52g2HP3s