Hardware Replace drive with small ssd?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,882
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi all, I don't often step into the Xbox one area, so asking for help and or advice on this.

A friend of mine has been given an Xbox one from another friend. Now this system is a little special. Next to no case. No bluray drive, no front io panel (rings led, power button,etc.)..... and no hard drive.

I was sceptical at first in my friends idea on fixing it up. He just wanted it as a digital media machine. Suffice to say that when I plugged it in and turned it on with the controller, nothing appeared on screen.

I tried putting in a 500gb hard drive, and failed. Tried another, failed boot.

Put in an ssd, and it booted to the troubleshooting screen. Ok, no we're getting somewhere

So after doing some research on why, k made the discovery that the Xbox one probably can't power any of my 3.5" drives.

Now, the ssd is infact laptop drive sized, but aren't they all really?

So this is kind of where I am now.

The ssd is 128gb, I have no 2.5" drives besides this one.

The original drive was long lost. So I cannot move anything from it to the new one. Ofcourse, I doubt I could because of the size difference.

Are we boned? Do we have to go buy a 500gb 2.5" drive? Or is there some formatting tool or something that can setup this ssd 128gb drive so we can see if we can step further?

Thanks in advanced for any replies, and sorry for the long winded response, but I figured more information was the best thing.

Thanks again!

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have heard of small SSDs and small HDDs giving the Xbox weird errors.
I'd honestly say get a 500 GB in it at the very least.

Afaik, you can't even connect any storage media as a gamedrive that is under 265 GB.

Reactions: Gdragonnnl
D

Deleted User

OP
I have heard of small SSDs and small HDDs giving the Xbox weird errors.
I'd honestly say get a 500 GB in it at the very least.

Afaik, you can't even connect any storage media as a gamedrive that is under 265 GB.
Ok, I guess I'll have to find something 500gb-ish for us so.

One last question then, once i have to drive, is there anything special I need to do? I keep coming across something about hdd-master or something? Is this a 1 shot tool to format the drive for use or something?

testerfan

Trophies
Website
www.fixxmaster.com
XP
Country
United States
don't waste your money getting HDD for this system, without original Blu-ray drive (mainly optical disc drive daughterboard that is "married" to the main motherboard) you won't be able to initialize new hard drive, you will get E105 and won't be able to complete offline update

D

Deleted User

OP
don't waste your money getting HDD for this system, without original Blu-ray drive (mainly optical disc drive daughterboard that is "married" to the main motherboard) you won't be able to initialize new hard drive, you will get E105 and won't be able to complete offline update
Really? Well if that's true, that's very disappointing.

Then I guess the next question I'd have to ask is, is there any hacks or anything we can do with this system?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1