Hacking Question replacing a bad emmc chip help

barelynotlegal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a while back i reported about my switch booting to just the switch logo after a thermal paste repair. not sure if it was the resistor that was replaced or if its a replacement emmc chip but i got it to boot recovery mode. but thats as far as it gets. autoRCM is enabled,this is progress though as it wouldnt even enter recovery mode regardless rcm or factory mode.

Now from what i understand the emmc is a intergal part of the system, and seems that its probaly blank (replacement) or doesnt match console (keys nand or whatever it was) i can simply enter rcm and restore my nand and keys and boot files?

i have boot files, fuse bins, keys bin. my only problem is i have 2 full nand bins, one gives a blue screen and the other works. is there a way i can compare or check integrity before performing essentially 2 nand restores lol.

The only error i see in recovery is a "unknown pkg1 version" when reading the tsec keys and when enabling/disabling i see a "this corrupts boot1" (not sure if a error or a warning).

figure i ask the pros first before i adventure any further, thanX in advance.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a while back i reported about my switch booting to just the switch logo after a thermal paste repair. not sure if it was the resistor that was replaced or if its a replacement emmc chip but i got it to boot recovery mode. but thats as far as it gets. autoRCM is enabled,this is progress though as it wouldnt even enter recovery mode regardless rcm or factory mode.

Now from what i understand the emmc is a intergal part of the system, and seems that its probaly blank (replacement) or doesnt match console (keys nand or whatever it was) i can simply enter rcm and restore my nand and keys and boot files?

i have boot files, fuse bins, keys bin. my only problem is i have 2 full nand bins, one gives a blue screen and the other works. is there a way i can compare or check integrity before performing essentially 2 nand restores lol.

The only error i see in recovery is a "unknown pkg1 version" when reading the tsec keys and when enabling/disabling i see a "this corrupts boot1" (not sure if a error or a warning).

figure i ask the pros first before i adventure any further, thanX in advance.
You can try mounting the NAND backups with hacdiskmount.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...