Hardware Replacing Screen or Mobo.

Newhouse-Estates

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First time poster, been getting into the site and really enjoying all the brilliant folks here.
Just got another unpatched unit. First one sd card mount inside console is missing a pin and second "new" switch with the screen busted. Do i have to swap screens or can i just swap the motherboards?
Thanks guys!

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First time poster, been getting into the site and really enjoying all the brilliant folks here.
Just got another unpatched unit. First one sd card mount inside console is missing a pin and second "new" switch with the screen busted. Do i have to swap screens or can i just swap the motherboards?
Thanks guys!
I'd swap the screens, because the mobo may be tied to the switch itself....or buy new sd card port part and re-install it.
Check this out:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+Switch+Micro+SD+Card+Reader+Replacement/113031

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: Newhouse-Estates

Newhouse-Estates

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd swap the screens, because the mobo may be tied to the switch itself....
That's what i thought, Just figured id get another opinion first. Thanks buddy! :)
Edit- Nothin like twice as much work huh ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'd swap the screens, because the mobo may be tied to the switch itself....or buy new sd card port part and re-solder it.
Check this out:
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Nintendo+Switch+Micro+SD+Card+Reader+Replacement/113031
Ohh yeah iv scowered this and other websites about the reader. I put my reader itself in my other switches and it's fine. The ground pin on the mobo itself is missing and maybe something else i can't see since i cant get it to connect fully, only works with text version of hekate and not the GUI version so i just grabbed a cheap unpatched unit with a busted screen and just gonna swap em.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay so now i understand what double posting is and now how to avoid it, my apologies.

Newhouse-Estates

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's all good, you can double post, no worries, it just puts them together for you. Good luck with, and welcome to GBATemp.
Thanks buddy, Iv used this website since the Wii and psp days but never made an account. Glad i finally did it.
i'v seen some ppl hate the double posting, so i'm going to try to avoid it.
Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Very accurate.