ROM Hack [Request] CIA Format Full Length 3D Movies....possible?

MissingNO123

Jigglypuff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In terms of replacing (romhacking?) an existing video app, someone has to write a (working) video to moflex converter that works with 3D video.
(I hear Gericom is working on one of those...)

In terms of making a CIA that plays videos, your options are limited to current homebrew video playing methods such as LuaPlayerPlus, though those require huge files or unique codecs and are almost always 2D.

tl;dr - Right now, no. In the future? Maybe.

Last edited by MissingNO123,

Gericom

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a couple of questions.
  1. I think my converter will use ffmpeg for reading the input files, so you can just use mp4. But should it also be able to scale the video down to 3ds format (maybe as an option)?
  2. Which 3d format will be used? Most moflex files use interleaved 3d (so first left eye frame then right eye frame etc.) but it doesn't seem to be common used on the pc. Should there be commandline flags to specify the type?
Oh, and the current encoder does not compress really well yet (aka. big files), so that will need some improvement. Also, you can compare moflex to h264. The techniques used are almost the same. It's just a different bitstream format.

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes ^0^ a video player would be neat !! I have a XL 3DS it better and bigger then a iPod screen

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

sharkboy and lava girl on 3ds or coraline ^0^ imagine the possibilities

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3