ROM Hack [REQUEST] Hyrule Warriors 3DS to Switch Save Transfer

jfp1000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure I'm not the only one who put 200+ hours into the 3DS version and still not even halfway to 100%, so if someone can create a transfer tool, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

I would assume that if this is possible, it would be easier to do for 3DS version than for Wii U version, since the Switch is pretty much the 3DS game with better graphics.

Thank you!

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt it will work unless someone decides to go and check and verify it, but I would think that it's almost impossible to do since, despite being the "same" games, the save data format are most likely very different from each other.

Reactions: THATISRIGHT

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm sure I'm not the only one who put 200+ hours into the 3DS version and still not even halfway to 100%, so if someone can create a transfer tool, it would be greatly appreciated! :)

I would assume that if this is possible, it would be easier to do for 3DS version than for Wii U version, since the Switch is pretty much the 3DS game with better graphics.

Thank you!
It's impossible. They're different games.

vexkiyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's impossible. They're different games.
its not impossible just requires some editing I actually used a hyrule warriors legends save as a template to mod all good weapons on my switch version Il upload it just need to copy paste the hex ids on a certain spot cant just copy paste whole thing heres my early save

the values seem to be the same for the weapons and characters is what I mean so with a little hex editing and copy paste you can actually copy equipment from legends to switch version as well as other stuff

I also opened the 3ds legends save in a editor and modified it copied the values in hxd with the legends version and pasted them at beginning of weapons to mod all the weapons I had from 3ds version can be done with characters too

just to let you know paste them at beginning where the weapon values are a little bit over so if its 00 00 00 ff its paste it after the 00 00 at the 00 ff

Attachments

• Hyrule warriors definitive edition edited.rar
    3.6 KB · Views: 357
Last edited by vexkiyro,
D

Deleted User

It's possible, if its a remake just edit your save to be identical to your 3ds. If its a port, then you most likely could convert it. BOTW has a save converter program to convert wii u to switch and vice versa

Mwc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why not a save editor instead? I wish someone could make one, because honestly, I really don't want to have to grind for everything all over again, especially since I lost my hyrule warriors game for the wii u, and started anew on the switch version(all those hours, blood, sweat and tears, just gone)..

MathijsCox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
its not impossible just requires some editing I actually used a hyrule warriors legends save as a template to mod all good weapons on my switch version Il upload it just need to copy paste the hex ids on a certain spot cant just copy paste whole thing heres my early save

the values seem to be the same for the weapons and characters is what I mean so with a little hex editing and copy paste you can actually copy equipment from legends to switch version as well as other stuff

I also opened the 3ds legends save in a editor and modified it copied the values in hxd with the legends version and pasted them at beginning of weapons to mod all the weapons I had from 3ds version can be done with characters too

just to let you know paste them at beginning where the weapon values are a little bit over so if its 00 00 00 ff its paste it after the 00 00 at the 00 ff

I have tested your save to see what has changed and it's true you have maxed out all characters, have all the good weapons, have almost unlimited ruby and all the loot. But I have seen it also one big bug. If you would try to play Ganon's Fury the game will automaticly crash.

I dont know if that comes from that you have ganon at lv 255, but I would like to find that out. But dont have a decent template where I can find out where the problem is. I tried using 3ds saves in 010 editor, but I cant find Ganon from Ganon Fury. So you tell or rather give me a decent template so I can try to find that problem?

Last edited by MathijsCox,

BitBobble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tested your save to see what has changed and it's true you have maxed out all characters, have all the good weapons, have almost unlimited ruby and all the loot. But I have seen it also one big bug. If you would try to play Ganon's Fury the game will automaticly crash.

I dont know if that comes from that you have ganon at lv 255, but I would like to find that out. But dont have a decent template where I can find out where the problem is. I tried using 3ds saves in 010 editor, but I cant find Ganon from Ganon Fury. So you tell or rather give me a decent template so I can try to find that problem?

There is no Ganon's Fury in the 3DS version. So no playable Giant Cucco or Ganon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why not HeyArnold
  • B @ BigArnold:
    Can you guys help with my problem concerning my Switch?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you switch it up
  • B @ BigArnold:
    Switch what up?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Switch the switch to resolve your issue
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigArnold, sorry but i cant, i dont have a switch. also what k3nv2 says is a joke
  • B @ BigArnold:
    That's what I figured. I put a post up in a forum but no one seems to replying to posts there. I also don't what this chat is attached to.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    General chat as it implies
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigArnold, try posting in the "switch noob paradise" thread
  • B @ BigArnold:
    That's where I put it. But like I said other people's posts from a day or two ago have no responses. I'm not sure if the chat is part of the Nintendo forum that I'm on or a part of the website as a whole.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigArnold, part of the website as a whole
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    then try making a thread
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wait you are too new to be able to do that
  • B @ BigArnold:
    That's fine. I'll find my way.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @BigArnold you put the fusee or hekate.bin in the hekate/ payloads folder, or use app to push the payload to switch while its in rcm mode
    +1
  • B @ BigArnold:
    The problem is is that TegraGUI isn't detecting my Switch despite it being plugged in and in RCM or maintenance mode.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you click install driver inside the tegra app.
  • B @ BigArnold:
    I did all of that stuff and it seemed successful but still nothing. The only thing different from the guide I used was that my device wasn't showing up as APX but rather Nintendo Switch.
  • B @ BigArnold:
    I did it inside the Tegra app and Zadig.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Try a different USB c cable, or different USB port on your pc.
  • B @ BigArnold:
    I tried a different port and don't have another cable. I'm fairly certain there's no issue with the equipment I'm using.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some cheap USB c cables don't send data, they only charge
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Some cheap USB c cables don't send data, they only charge