ROM Hack [Request] Little Dragon's Cafe save editor

Tere Valentin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone in process of making one?
Or does someone atleast know how to hex edit my save to have max # of ingredients?

Omno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't you just use sys-netcheat or noexs, and edit the value in real time?

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
The save file on this game look packed or encrypted. I've just started and exported the save, and there are no zero bytes / empty spaces in the save file. Considering the "pantry" in the game at the beginning only has a small number of ingredients, you'd expect there to be some empty space in the save. Although games have been know to create expanding saves (those that grow with the game). However, even those have some "white space" in the save files. This has, essentially, none. And the characters names don't appear as plain text either. So that's a decent giveaway too.

It looks like real time editing is going to be the likely option. I tried sys-netcheat, but it didn't boot on my switch, and I haven't tried noexs yet. I would, but I'd rather keep the switch offline. It hasn't been banned (yet), and I have a clean 2.0 nand backup I can restore if need be.
If / when noexs gets usb editing, I'd be happy to cheat at most games (offline games only).

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The save file on this game look packed or encrypted. I've just started and exported the save, and there are no zero bytes / empty spaces in the save file. Considering the "pantry" in the game at the beginning only has a small number of ingredients, you'd expect there to be some empty space in the save. Although games have been know to create expanding saves (those that grow with the game). However, even those have some "white space" in the save files. This has, essentially, none. And the characters names don't appear as plain text either. So that's a decent giveaway too.

It looks like real time editing is going to be the likely option. I tried sys-netcheat, but it didn't boot on my switch, and I haven't tried noexs yet. I would, but I'd rather keep the switch offline. It hasn't been banned (yet), and I have a clean 2.0 nand backup I can restore if need be.
If / when noexs gets usb editing, I'd be happy to cheat at most games (offline games only).
set up 90DNS and you'll be blocked from all nintendo services while being able tyo use ftp and such with little risk of ban i think

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
set up 90DNS and you'll be blocked from all nintendo services while being able tyo use ftp and such with little risk of ban i think
I was looking at 90DNS before, but was hesitant. I've set it up and am running noexs now. Lets see how this works out.
No promises :)

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
Hhhmmm, I can't edit my last reply.
Here's something you might like... (or not)....

Adding items seems easier than finding the original items. I haven't found the mem locations for the early stuff picked up, which is odd. I may well have just overlooked it. Who knows.
I've added a lot more than what is in the pic now.

2zxxkd4.jpg

edit: Ha ha ha. crashed my game, lost my edits :-/
Will have to start that one again.

edit2: I've gone through and given myself 999 of a lot of items, but still have a lot more to find. This is going to be slooooooow.
That, and I really don't like the game.

I saved this time :)

More updates once I've found a bunch more locations.

Edit 3: Noexs crashed on me (again), so I've pulled the pin for tonight, and will look at it again tomorrow.
Here is a save to test out. I used Checkpoint to dump the save. Extract the folder to your 'switch/Checkpoint/saves' folder and import it back into the game. You might want to back up your own save first, just in case. The save file is expandable too (the first save is 58k, this one is 60k), which is interesting.

Attachments

• Little Dragons Cafe.zip
    56 KB · Views: 265
Last edited by Slade.AU,
Reactions: Queen of SoS

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
Here's an updated save with a lot more items added. Some ingredients, it appears, can only have 100 items, the rest appear ok at 999. DO NOT collect any of these items, or they will reset back to 99.

I'll stop playing this if I don't get any feedback as to whether this works or not. I'm not enjoying the game at all.

Feel free to upload the file to any site for use provided I get credit.

Attachments

• Little Dragon Cafe.zip
    56.9 KB · Views: 246

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://overclock3d.net/news/cases_cooling/cooler-master-had-multi-coloured-ai-cryofuze-5-thermal... +1