Resident Evil showcase set for this Thursday, October 20

Capcom has announced a showcase for later this week to talk about its two upcoming Resident Evil games, Resident Evil Village Gold Edition and the Resident Evil 4 remake. The showcase will air Thursday, October 20, 2022 at 15:00 PT / 18:00 ET.

The Resident Evil 4 remake, announcing in June, already has a release date of March 23, 2023 announced. It will strive to reimagine the storyline of the original game, but will still stay true to its "essence." As of now, we don't have any more details about it, but this showcase will let us see gameplay for the first time.

Resident Evil Village Gold Edition is due out on October 28, 2022. It will be both a physical and digital release that packages the original Resident Evil Village with the upcoming Winter's Expansion, which adds a new story following lead character Ethan Winters' daughter, two new maps for the Mercenaries mode, and a third-person mode.

HellGhast

Trophies
XP
Country
Kenya
Hope the RE Village Gold extra content will also be on the disc physically, we don't want a 2nd copy of Village with a measly Code to download the DLC.

RE5 Gold was the real deal, but RE7 Gold was missing the Ethan Must Die DLC

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom, RE4 is my fav game from the franchise as I have very fond memories of it. With that being said, I didn't think a remake was needed due to it being so soon since its original release in 2005. With all these "liberties" you intend on imposing onto this remake, all I ask is that you please don't fvck it up... Amen 👍🏽🙏🏽

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gives us RE7 Third Person or gtfo :D
Not sure if it'll work gameplay-wise.. i mean sure, they can replicate the RE4 gameplay style but i got to admit that it can be a bit clunky to use, unless they improve on it somehow, with fluid aiming, character movement etc. then yeah, it could *theoretically* work.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not sure if it'll work gameplay-wise.. i mean sure, they can replicate the RE4 gameplay style but i got to admit that it can be a bit clunky to use, unless they improve on it somehow, with fluid aiming, character movement etc. then yeah, it could *theoretically* work.

I'm referring to the RE8 DLC which actually adds third person gameplay as an option, so something like that for RE7 would be neat too.
It's always good to have options.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Capcom, RE4 is my fav game from the franchise as I have very fond memories of it. With that being said, I didn't think a remake was needed due to it being so soon since its original release in 2005. With all these "liberties" you intend on imposing onto this remake, all I ask is that you please don't fvck it up... Amen 👍🏽🙏🏽
Yes but if done well (and the 2 remake is at least an indication they can) then I can see it really made into something special rather than whatever cut down port they are doing this time.
Or go another way. While I adore 5 I freely admit its story was on the weaker side. Without that then the gameplay of 5 (and even 6 as much as it pains me to admit) did up it a notch.
If they then do a version of 4 with the lessons of 5 and 6, tighten up the various level designs and weaker sections with the sorts of things they did for 2 remake then it could be something very special indeed.
I don't place too much stock in such a thing happening (low odds but not out and out shocker if it does) but that is what I would hope for. Granted if they crowbar a local co-op mode into it then yeah I am there day 1.

Though them doing that for Code Veronica would probably be where I would want to look.

No more comments? That's it guys...
Announcements of an announcement rarely get that many.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes but if done well (and the 2 remake is at least an indication they can) then I can see it really made into something special rather than whatever cut down port they are doing this time.
Or go another way. While I adore 5 I freely admit its story was on the weaker side. Without that then the gameplay of 5 (and even 6 as much as it pains me to admit) did up it a notch.
If they then do a version of 4 with the lessons of 5 and 6, tighten up the various level designs and weaker sections with the sorts of things they did for 2 remake then it could be something very special indeed.
I don't place too much stock in such a thing happening (low odds but not out and out shocker if it does) but that is what I would hope for. Granted if they crowbar a local co-op mode into it then yeah I am there day 1.

Though them doing that for Code Veronica would probably be where I would want to look.
The RE3 Remake felt rushed since it was missing plenty of content from the original which was probably left on the chopping block and explains its tight release schedule and more than likely was due to the game not being made entirely in-house unlike RE2. That right there is my hesitation for Capcom to remake RE4 since there's potential for them to ruin its legacy. RE5 doesn't even deserve space for this conversation and I never even finished that game (for obvious reasons aside from Sheva always being in the way) and RE6 was a convoluted mess w/ all the separate storylines which contributed to its lack of focus, but the gameplay being almost similar to RE4 was maybe its brightest highlight if you can call it that. IMHO, I consider everything a/b RE4 to be almost perfect and due to the release of the PC remaster (s/o's to Alex and Cris, the devs of the remaster whom I was a supporter of), it breathed new life into RE4 after applying their mod, and I rather Capcom focused on remaking Code Veronica instead, but I'm sure the profit potential of the RE4 remake was their deciding factor.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    13,600 MB/s though
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    I got a 980 pro iirc
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soldigms been pretty solid
    yeh 980 pro
    good enough tbf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/gMNhZNI never heard about them but reviews are good
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Crucial SSDs work fine. I have one installed in my Xbox.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Reviews seem positive.
    I believe I had some Patriot RAM running in a computer somewhere
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $250 is pretty solid considering
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With the refund it'll be about $150
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    6tb nvme pc ftw
    500 GB NVMe, 750 GB
    SATA SSD 1 TB HDD
    honestly I don't play pc games
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Once I buy this I'll be around 20tb worth of storage tho if we're talking all my drives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All this crap I got and all I do is pick up the GabeDick to fiddle with his happy stick
    idk the total storage cap I have
    50 TB orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I don't play PC games often. Mostly its all 90s-00s games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hm doing research quite possible my issue with this drive is bios related not detecting it fully
    run crystaldisk?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't think it would do much if gnome live even sees it as 2mb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vmd issue possibly
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Vmd issue possibly