Hacking Restoring sd card

mingmong24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, is there a way of restoring a sd card to work as before. I purchased a bigger sd card for my sd2vita but now the smaller sd doesn't seem to work correctly after I flashed it following a tutorial. Thank you

mingmong24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry I meant ever since I used win32diskimager to flash the zzblank.img it has made my sd card incompatible with some things. Even after formatting it. What exactly does the zzblank.img do? Thanks

Columbo2811

Trophies
XP
Country
What he's saying is that he had a small sd card in his sd2vita and has upgraded it to a bigger one but now his first smaller one wont work normally now. I would've thought a format should have done the job

Reactions: mingmong24

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
If you're using zzblank.img to erase the SD card to make it work with other stuff, don't. This is essentially wiping the partition info, so the SD card can be used with the Vita, but other devices may not work.

Why don't you just format it normally in Windows? You can use SDFormatter if you like, but Window's basic disk format would work fine as well.

EDIT: If you know how to use Diskpart, you can use that as well. That would 100% fix the issue, since you'd be building partition info.

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo,

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, my reading comprehension is off today. You said you formatted your SD card before trying to see if it worked, right? How'd you format it? Did you try a full format instead of a quick one?

mingmong24

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried a quick format. I will attempt to format using disk part as suggested. Thank you guys. And btw it made it incompatible with my WiiU, the wiiu seen it but failed to load anything from it. Thanks again

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1