Gaming restricted online play.

steve-p

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
o.k. crap title.

some games can only be played online with a legit serial/key from purchasing an original.

SOCOM3 is said to be one of them.

can someone list the others please.
i'm looking at a possible fix.
unsure.gif
yaypsp.gif

steve-p

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
LOL

so what's the difference between the way these games go online and older ones?
you think it's all at the server-side?
i dont.

steve-p

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
if it's all server-side then why do these games use a midified prx for connecting online.
anybody tried replacing it?

nobody got anywhere without trying you know,
trying and failing is closer to sucess than never trying at all!
biggrin.gif

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
when you sign-in, the game checks your PSN ID(

to see if it is registered for the game's online

if it is NOT, it give you a error message
if the game is registered to your PSNID you sign-in, and can paly online

the license registered you PSNID for the game Online server

the license is like you are making an account to play the game Online
but the account is your PSNID

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I know using ISO's is wrong, but this just seems uber wrong to me....

Pavichokche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haha, this topic it awesome xD

The reason why I bought (and hacked) a psp is so that I coulc play P.S.P.2 when it comes out. The whole time since, I've been wondering if I'll have to buy the game to play it online or not. I guess there's my answer xD

As far as the ethical question of the wrongness of playing ISO/CSOs goes, it's a personal choice. It's the same thing as smoking, you could (or could not) be indirectly hurting everyone else, but you do it because you want to.
Anyway, I'm fine with buying P.S.P.2 because I know it will be worth the money, unlike many other games out there that give you like 10 hours of gameplay (ie. god of war).

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steve-p said:
they arent ISO's, they are cso's
laugh.gif

I suppose this would be a better way of thinking about what your asking. Have you ever been able to connect to Online with out a PSN ID for any PSP or PS3 game? If not, then there is no way your getting around this. Its registered to your account.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Pavichokche said:
As far as the ethical question of the wrongness of playing ISO/CSOs goes, it's a personal choice. It's the same thing as smoking, you could (or could not) be indirectly hurting everyone else, but you do it because you want to.

That's not the distinction i was making....i know that people "obtain" the game free and can play the offline experience fully on their own, but would be uncomfortable if they then can just take part in active resources that everyone else is paying for. Sony made a scheme for people to buy into online without the game, so to me breaking in really does feel like stealing something.

Pavichokche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, you're right, xist. P.S.P.2's such a sweet game, it would've been too much to be able to even play it online for free xD

How does that "buying only the online ID" thing work again?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
There's some scheme where you can purchase a code, which allows pre-owned purchasers to play online. As it stands it's a bit of a rip off, but if it's a great game and you want to play *that* much you'll have bought it anyway. Everyone should be buying the great games regardless...

Pavichokche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To be honest, I'd much prefer not to have to play the game off a UMD since it's noisy and takes longer to load (I'm sure that varies and is debatable but it is somewhat true), and can also become corrupted (if the disk gets scratched). Maybe I'll just buy the game, get all the necessary online crap, then rip it and sell it. Do you think that would work?

CrashmanX

Current project: Gundam AGE Universe Accel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pavichokche said:
To be honest, I'd much prefer not to have to play the game off a UMD since it's noisy and takes longer to load (I'm sure that varies and is debatable but it is somewhat true), and can also become corrupted (if the disk gets scratched). Maybe I'll just buy the game, get all the necessary online crap, then rip it and sell it. Do you think that would work?

If you sell it your no longer entitled to a Back up Copy, which means it becomes Illegal for you to have an ISO/CSO of said game on your PSP.

Pavichokche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which is just as illegal as anyone playing ISO/CSOs on their PSP and DS ROMs on their DS. Right?
Disregarding that, do you think that the online portion would work with a backup?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes if you had the purchased code. The cheapest thing to do would be to buy the game new then either sell it again or find a store that lets you return opened goods. Cheaper than buying a code on it's own i think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH