Homebrew RetroArch - A new multi-system emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
only a handful of PGM roms work here (I had to extract the pgm.zip content in rom folder too)
Can this be due to the fact that the game require 2 or 3 zip files instead of just one? or is it still wip.
Also Psikyo games stop at a check screen.

Looking forward for any news :)

RAM requirements have gone up now (or at least that's what I've found) for FBA - some of the games that I could fit into memory easily on Wii I can no longer fit into memory.

This is especially a problem on Xbox 1 because it has even less RAM available than Wii.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Loving the native resolutions, everything which has one looks great, with a couple of handhelds and Neo Geo being the only exceptions, as noted previously. The only issue I've had thus far is Snow Bros., which runs with the wrong palette and just looks like a horrible acid trip. I reported it in IRC in the previous build, it remains unchanged since then. The game is fine on RetroArch Android (tested on Nexus 7 and Galaxy S) and PC FBA, so it must be something on the Wii side.

H0zwdFE.png
v5pnMhz.png

If anyone else is dying for some Snow Bros., the sequel runs fine, as do similar games Nightmare in the Dark, Zupapa and Bang 2 Busters (all Neo Geo).

Snow Bros is on the FBA core? If it runs fine on RetroArch Android, indications point to endianness issues.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know why but it seems I can't load two neogeo games straight, the second blocks and shows a black screen, although retroarch keeps working and I can use the menus. Am I the only one or it happens to someone else?

Are you using the dedicated FBA Cores Neo version?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested Snes9x Next some more, games that used to run slow after X amount of time no longer have that issue. Was something fixed in its code? Star Fox still has audio stuttering, but that's the Wii's fault.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just tested Snes9x Next some more, games that used to run slow after X amount of time no longer have that issue. Was something fixed in its code? Star Fox still has audio stuttering, but that's the Wii's fault.

At least that is fixed then.

Looks like this issue fixed that -

https://github.com/libretro/snes9x-next/commit/3e91b31db4e3c49f38f79a24f1e53d6edbe3997c

Found it entirely by accident when I saw a crash bug on ROM deinit with Super Mario Kart on Xbox 360. You can thank OV2 for alerting me to this.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least that is fixed then.

Looks like this issue fixed that -

https://github.com/libretro/snes9x-next/commit/3e91b31db4e3c49f38f79a24f1e53d6edbe3997c

Found it entirely by accident when I saw a crash bug on ROM deinit with Super Mario Kart on Xbox 360.

Well, I'll be darned! :P As for Star Fox, I don't think the Wii can handle that game without audio stutter unless frame skipping was used. That's probably how Snes9x GX does it, but it's not that big of a deal. Besides, I like Star Fox 64 better anyway. B-) Don't worry about it too much, keep up the good work!

Gotta be honest, I like Snes9x Next more anyway, it never crashed, it doesn't have weird audio issues when going into the menu, and the frame rate in Yoshi's Island is perfect

Anything else you want me to test, like Nestopia?

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I'll be darned! :P As for Star Fox, I don't think the Wii can handle that game without audio stutter unless frame skipping was used. That's probably how Snes9x GX does it, but it's not that big of a deal. Besides, I like Star Fox 64 better anyway. B-) Don't worry about it too much, keep up the good work!

Gotta be honest, I like Snes9x Next more anyway, it never crashed, it doesn't have weird audio issues when going into the menu, and the frame rate in Yoshi's Island is perfect

Anything else you want me to test, like Nestopia?

Sure, go for it. I heard that a bug in Nestopia still exists at the half-hour/hour mark where the audio desyncs - would be good if that could be confirmed.

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
Both of them, thanks.

Make sure you have the correct roms for the Neo Geo games (FBA v0.2.97.26) and you have the correct Neo Geo BIOS (1.37 MB or 1,437,419 bytes) in the same folder as the zipped roms. All games under 23MB in size (zipped) work for me. Hope this helps.

terpsfan101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inconsistent and Missing Controls for FBA, CPS2, and Neo Geo Cores:

Different button combinations for FBA/CPS2 and Neo Geo service menu:

Service Menu for FBA/CPS2: ZL+ZR+L+R+Start
Service Menu for Neo Geo: ZL+ZR+L+R+Down

Reset switch is OK for FBA, CPS2, Neo Geo: ZL+ZR+L+R+Left

Missing controls for FBA, CPS2, and Neo Geo, that are included in the Android port:

Diagnostic Button
DIP Switch A
DIP Switch B
Test Button/Menu

AngryGeek416

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Um CC PRO works except the left analog is all distorted all the directions are not right it makes playing games impossible to play, and i cant launch 2 NeoGeo games back to back or retroarch black screens and i have to restart. Does anyone PLZ have a solution to the CC PRO problem.

terpsfan101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Charco: All games under 23MB in size (zipped) work for me. Hope this helps

Unzipped/Uncompressed size is what is important. With the Neo Geo core 45 MB uncompressed seems to be the limit. The only roms larger than 45 MB that I was able to load were rbffspec (49.25 MB) and samsho4 (47.25 MB).

SoulSpawn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Make sure you have the correct roms for the Neo Geo games (FBA v0.2.97.26) and you have the correct Neo Geo BIOS (1.37 MB or 1,437,419 bytes) in the same folder as the zipped roms. All games under 23MB in size (zipped) work for me. Hope this helps.
Ok, well I think I have them. The first game loads correctly and the second fails. No matter what game or order. I guess you don't have this problem so it must be something on my SD. I'll try a clean install.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Um CC PRO works except the left analog is all distorted all the directions are not right it makes playing games impossible to play, and i cant launch 2 NeoGeo games back to back or retroarch black screens and i have to restart. Does anyone PLZ have a solution to the CC PRO problem.

Do you have the bugfix release that ToadKing posted? So not 0.9.8 but 0.9.8.1?

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Inconsistent and Missing Controls for FBA, CPS2, and Neo Geo Cores:

Different button combinations for FBA/CPS2 and Neo Geo service menu:

Service Menu for FBA/CPS2: ZL+ZR+L+R+Start
Service Menu for Neo Geo: ZL+ZR+L+R+Down

Reset switch is OK for FBA, CPS2, Neo Geo: ZL+ZR+L+R+Left
Missing controls for FBA, CPS2, and Neo Geo, that are included in the Android port:

Diagnostic Button
DIP Switch A
DIP Switch B
Test Button/Menu

These button combos get assigned on a per-game basis and it's entirely up to FBA's 'driverlist' to implement them. So if you find certain games that have them hooked up in a different order - it's not my fault - that's how they were hooked up in FBA to begin with.

jmckutchin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Forwarder works great, thanks guys.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible that at one point we could use RetroArch without having to switch cores manually?

Also, the_randomizer, if I recall correctly, I think the reason we don't have to deal with tinny sound issues anymore is that that happened because of a bug in libogc or libwiigui. I can't recall which, but I seem to recall Tantric blaming it on one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one