Status
Not open for further replies.

ntpsq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Libretro: How about any of the Mega Man Zero games? 1-3 had some major slowdown during the intros when I tried them yesterday.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
On Wiiu, retro is'nt able to see my harddrive if a second usb drive is connected for Wiiu purposes.
In other words I have to remove the Wiiu formatted one in order to let Retroarch see my Wii/homebrew HDD.
( I own a 8GB system, and have a WiiU formatted 16GB usb stick connected to the front at all times. And I have a 1TB HDD connected for Wii - homebrew - roms )

Will this be adressed in the future, so RA can see the proper hdd like the USB loader without having to remove the Wiiu expansion memory ( my 16 GB stick )

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow this is fantastic, such great news. Thanks LibretroRetroArc for continuing to support this console along with the rest of the RA team and for deciding to get involved with us again. VBA-Next will truly be the best GBA emu for Wii and joins the ranks of elite emulation RA has to offer for this console. RetroArch FTW XD

I also want to remind all end users (myself included) that we have a responsibility as well! A responsibility to further nurture the relationship that we have with developers so that they can take our feedback in a positive light and into consideration. First off we won't always get everything we want that's a given, we have to understand the limitations of the tech Wii has to offer so as not to badger/annoy the fuck out of 'em with unreasonable requests as well lol. Asking questions that can lead to insightful info might be best warranted to avoid that chasm.

We have a responsibility to report issues correctly, lets learn to report issues on Git or whatever process makes it easier for them to have an organized, priority driven, bug/feature report system. This can also alleviate bickering from the same requests over and over again.

Anyway I understand most people don't actually use the search button, let alone do any research so its a long shot to ask anything of the end user, but I really want the relationship between the RA devs and ourselves to be as productive and positive an experience as it can be. When someone feels true gratitude from others based on the work they've done, it can be an extremely rewarding experience and knowing that u contributed to make something great even better is f'in awesome as well.

I just urge everyone to also take responsibility in your own hands so that we can avoid the pitfalls that plagued this thread in the past. Lets say "so long" and let bygones be bygones to the past. Sorry for the rant :P

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
On Wiiu, retro is'nt able to see my harddrive if a second usb drive is connected for Wiiu purposes.
In other words I have to remove the Wiiu formatted one in order to let Retroarch see my Wii/homebrew HDD.
( I own a 8GB system, and have a WiiU formatted 16GB usb stick connected to the front at all times. And I have a 1TB HDD connected for Wii - homebrew - roms )

Will this be adressed in the future, so RA can see the proper hdd like the USB loader without having to remove the Wiiu expansion memory ( my 16 GB stick )
This reminds me of something similar that happens on the Wii. If any USB keyboard is plugged into USB port 1 RA launches to a blackscreen perhaps it's related?

Reactions: Hielkenator

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Battle Network 1 or others as well?

I could give them a try later today.

I think mainly the later ones, I never tried 1 because it's generally... inferior to everything that came after it. I think there was some slowdown during two, but that was at the very last locations you reached in the real world, that had many effects running wild. And during some random scenes with many npcs in them. Sorry I can't be more percise, I really only played the third one recently.

There was some slowdown at the beginning scenes of 3-Blue, notably in music and text box speed, and there was occasional slowdown in random areas throughout the game. Weirdly enough, when you bring up the pause screen, it sometimes leads to slowdowns in the bg-music too (it definitely does in SciLab).I think its most notable in areas that have fast paced bg music , its extremely subtile in the slow paced music you get jacking into random objects.

While you're around, may I ask if in any future updates, you could add an option to map functions like quick save/load and speed up to any other keys? Like LZ or RZ? At least speed up (analogue stick down) is a little impractical to reach in most games.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just when I though RA couldn't get any more awesome, VBA Next gets a huge speed up! That's wonderful news, thank you for your hard work and dedication! :P A new version is on the horizon? B-) Thank you LibretroRetroArc !

MassiveRican, Well said, my friend! Well said! :yay:

I wonder if he had a chance to test Final Fantasy V and VI Advanced;)

Edit: Fixed to reflect correct version

Reactions: MassiveRican

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Fantastic News about the VBA upgrade!

I can wait to try for myself, but, I was wondering, how is Pokémon Fire Red/Leaf Green performing now? I tried it, so I could see how it worked and take a look to interesting Rom Hacks (I'm quite tired of my "vanilla" cartridge ) and it was really slow, like constant slowdown.

Maybe is something I did wrong but, well...

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the_randomizer I'm wondering why u mentioned FFV/VI? I thought they were running full speed with the hack that LibRetroArc managed to commit in SNES9x-Next

MassiveRican, Ah, I meant Final Fantasy V and VI Advanced lol. VBA GX never ran those games full speed. Then again FFVI Advanced was a pretty badly optimized game on the GBA :P

He meant the GBA versions I'm pretty sure.

Yep! I fixed my last post to reflect that ;) B-)

ntpsq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely feel a bit of noticeable input lag playing roms on RA after playing their VC counterparts. It's not too bad once you get adjusted to it though.

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Some more tests I did today -

* Mega Man Battle Network 1 - fullspeed
* Final Fantasy Tactics Advance - fullspeed
* Fire Emblem - The Sacred Stones - fullspeed (* - dips at title screen but ingame it's fullspeed all the way)
* Mega Man & Bass - fullspeed ingame (* - dips to 52/53fps during dialog screens with the enemy at the first stage)
* Mega Man Zero 1 (should have much better performance than before but still not good enough - can still dip a couple of times during the intro and the rain in level 1 drops performance down to 47/52fps).
* Final Fight One - fullspeed
* Metal Slug Advance - fullspeed
* Sword of Mana - fullspeed
* Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts Advance - fullspeed
* Astro Boy - fullspeed
* Rayman Advance - fullspeed
* Magical Quest Starring Mickey & Minnie - fullspeed

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I definitely feel a bit of noticeable input lag playing roms on RA after playing their VC counterparts. It's not too bad once you get adjusted to it though.

This is unlikely to be a problem with our code. I'd put it down to the input drivers in the homebrew Libogc SDK for Wiimote being inferior to the ones in the commercial SDK.

Nothing that can be done about that short of just using Gamecube pads.

Reactions: ntpsq

LibretroRetroArc

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
MassiveRican, Ah, I meant Final Fantasy V and VI Advanced lol. VBA GX never ran those games full speed. Then again FFVI Advanced was a pretty badly optimized game on the GBA :P

See my reply on Libretro forums. They *just* manage to run at fullspeed now on PS3/360 with the latest optimizations and even then - framerate can still drop on PS3 inside the cave. So Wii so far has no chance really for these two games.

Besides, the SNES originals are better in every conceivable way (and the extras are throwaway).

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See my reply on Libretro forums. They *just* manage to run at fullspeed now on PS3/360 with the latest optimizations and even then - framerate can still drop on PS3 inside the cave. So Wii so far has no chance really for these two games.

Besides, the SNES originals are better in every conceivable way (and the extras are throwaway).

Gotcha, I'll check out the reply there. And yes, the the Snes versions were helluva lot better :P Thanks for the response, you guys do some awesome work B-)

jujukun

Trophies
XP
Country
France
View attachment 4162
Great job guys!
In a few days a will get a wii Arcade stick, will arcade sticks work on retroarch? I REALLY hope so!!!!

I just got the Neo Geo stick 2 for Wii made by Exar and it works perfectly with Retroarch and Wiiflow. Tested with CPS2 and Neo Geo games and it works like a charm! Very happy with this since I struggled to find a proper arcade stick for Retroarch. The Hori Fighting Stick doesn't work very well, since the "down" direction is always moving down, unless you think to disable the left direction emulation in the input menu of Retroarch, which is annoying.

Reactions: MassiveRican

Charco

Trophies
XP
Country
Very cool. I'd love a Neo Geo type arcade stick, where did you get these and are they still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Very accurate.