Homebrew Retroarch Emulation Thread (Nightly Builds Included)

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried looking for N64 and PS1 compatibility list for retroarch on 3ds but no luck. Any help?
There is no N64 emulator in the 3DS version of retroarch and there is no compatibility list for PSX, you need a BIOS for higher compatibility and there is currently no way to achieve full speed in PSX games. Sound crackling is horrible in them but compatibility overall is OK, but not good.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Would someone kindly explain to me the difference in the fbalpha cia's?
I'm guessing Final Burn Alpha 2012 cps-1 plays cps-1 games only and, Final Burn Alpha 2012 cps-2 is for cps-2 only and. Final Burn Alpha 2012 neo geo is for neogeo games only but what is just 'Final Burn Alpha 2012' and why is it bigger than all of them by 12mb?
The full Final Burn Alpha core emulates all of the above cores plus many more.

The CPS1,2 and Neo Geo cores are split into separate smaller cores because the full Final Burn Alpha core is too big for standard 3DS owners because of the limited RAM. The roms are huge and thus the less RAM the core uses, the bigger roms can be squeezed into RAM.

New 3DS users can probably just use the standard Final Burn Alpha core, but the smaller cores may still be useful for reeeeeeally big roms.

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
The full Final Burn Alpha core emulates all of the above cores plus many more.

The CPS1,2 and Neo Geo cores are split into separate smaller cores because the full Final Burn Alpha core is too big for standard 3DS owners because of the limited RAM. The roms are huge and thus the less RAM the core uses, the bigger roms can be squeezed into RAM.

New 3DS users can probably just use the standard Final Burn Alpha core, but the smaller cores may still be useful for reeeeeeally big roms.

oh thank you I was so confused, but in that case I just need the standard core.
I tried to get fba working before but gave up as its rather tedious, I only really want neogeo cps 1 and 2 fighting games mainly, but its such a headache to get it working and with all the different romset versions which seem impossible for me to find working ones.

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok,, how do I install retroarch,, I have downloaded retroarch,, and then there's a lot of emulators all of which are cia's,, im assuming they are the cores???

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That may be because there are no current developers for the 3DS platform.

if only they would've stopped applying stuff clearly meant for much more powerful consoles to the 3ds version at some point.

another question, so i just migrated to the 1.6 version. still hoping for the best and all, but it seems like quite a few things broke since 1.4 (i think?)

the list of recently played games doesnt work it seems nothing is saved.
neither are some of the options, it seems it'll only save one config file, so any change applied after the very first configuration seems to be ignored?
i've already deleted every config file a few times, but it doesnt seem to get better than this unfortunately.

i also managed to crash gsps while trying to set an autofire button. not really crash, but i just couldn't leave the options anymore

ok, having tried to play a little FF6, I'm now sick of the random crashes once again...
i just wish any developer would have pity on us and finally look into that dynamic recompiler code thats apparently the source of most crashes

Last edited by Clydefrosch,
Reactions: FateForWindows

SeongGino

The Average One
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
if only they would've stopped applying stuff clearly meant for much more powerful consoles to the 3ds version at some point.

That's never really been the case; if the UI or Libretro core never received updates, then it truly wouldn't be a part of RA. It's less that changes in the core affect the 3DS port, but that we lack changes for the 3DS port.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's never really been the case; if the UI or Libretro core never received updates, then it truly wouldn't be a part of RA. It's less that changes in the core affect the 3DS port, but that we lack changes for the 3DS port.
The issue causing the slowdown has been fixed in a recent commit. :)

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They dont put out .3DS files anymore?
I haven't been paying much attention, but how many people actually used the ".3ds" versions? they're functionally identical to cia versions. and they only worked with one flashcard (Gateway). so I'd guess it was a waste of time and space to build and store them.

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't been paying much attention, but how many people actually used the ".3ds" versions? they're functionally identical to cia versions. and they only worked with one flashcard (Gateway). so I'd guess it was a waste of time and space to build and store them.

I used them :cry::cry: all you had to do was drag and drop and boom your done.

But yeah I get why they wouldnt bother with it anymore. Oh well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Stepcroc, I'm stuck.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Those are monitor lizards you dunce.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm funny. lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs and roasted potatoes came out good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching the first omen and so far it's not the priest doing the scaring
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Shouldn't the kid be the scary one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The second omen: the chior boy gets his revenge
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reverse exorcist: it's when you hire a demon to remove the priest out of a small child.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hire Kendrick Drake possessed a minor again
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, I'd run away from his singing too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wonder if Drakes still allowed to use his Instagram
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds like everyone has some great imaginary friends
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Yeah, that was insane.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Don't know what Drake was even thinking.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What every rich scumbag thinks that they can put their dick on anything and get away with it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I better hide my silicone Tifa doll
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What did Drake do, exactly? I don't follow celeb gossip.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Supposed accusations that Drake groomed a minor.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Allegedly groomed a 17 year old Instagram model or something along those lines
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yep, something like that.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1MJtV0UPI8