Homebrew RetroArch Switch

EmulateLife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't. m4xw already stated he wouldn't have made it possible if it did. You have two choices 1 is overclock and get good N64 speed or don't and don't get full speed. There's no third option.

Last edited by ,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
@m4xw:

Tested the ppsspp beta build (Patreon Backers) - the slowdowns in videosequences, are something we experienced in non optimized builds on the ps classic as well - until people came around to fixing it - this might not be performance related as far as overall performance is concerned, but rather some codec mishap.

Right now changing Jit to something else, or changing the output resolution chrashes the core (as indicated in the pre release post).

Games like FF7 Crisis core and Persona 3 play without any real hitches or lag at the default (stock) clock speed, or minimal OC.

Games like Vice City Stories are still unplayable (severe stutter).

Uploaded a short impression video compilation (no audio - since I used the switches internal capturing). All snippets are with stock clock speed apart from the last two gta clips, that were made at max overclock - game is still not playable in this state _currently_.

Also, I used pbp files for all three games (compression) worked fine as well.

Last edited by notimp,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tested the ppsspp beta build (Patreon Backers) - the slowdowns in videosequences, are something we experienced in non optimized builds on the ps classic as well - until people came around to fixing it - this might not be performance related as far as overall performance is concerned, but rather some codec mishap.
Cant fix that until theres NVDEC

Right now changing Jit to something else, or changing the output resolution chrashes the core (as indicated in the pre release post).
Jit has some issues, refer to the patron channel for solutions.
When changing settings, you need to directly close content, dont return to the game and it will work (when loading savestates, instantly open the RA menu, wait for it to load, its a old bug in the libretro port, not a switch specific issue)
JIT has limited compatibility right now.

Games like Vice City Stories are still unplayable (severe stutter).
Runs perfect with JIT at fullspeed
You need to use the pinned build in the channel

Last edited by m4xw,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Jit has some issues, refer to the patron channel for solutions.
When changing settings, you need to directly close content, dont return to the game and it will work (when loading savestates, instantly open the RA menu, wait for it to load, its a old bug in the libretro port, not a switch specific issue)
JIT has limited compatibility right now.
I've read that and was unsure how to go about it. :) Thank you. :)

As well as for the other responses. :)

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
wow kinda off topic but I’m using OC in Warframe and there’s a noticeable performance bump, for instances there is not down-res in open areas :o

Only moved clock on both CPU/GPU one step above the official clocks

rsn8887

Trophies
Website
www.patreon.com
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick note that cd audio does work in the dosbox dynarec (m4xw) core after all.

It just has to be a .bin/.cue file with a single .bin file that contains all the audio. It doesn’t work with separate audio files like .ogg or .mp3. It has to be a single .bin file and a single .cue file. Then just mount the .cue file with imgmount and cd audio will work.

I got Pro Pinball Timeshock running music this way. What a cool game. And the cd audio in Alone in The Dark also works.

Last edited by rsn8887,

bird333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to play Donkey Kong on mame-2003 and the sound is low and has alot of static. Does anyone know how to fix this? Also, what directory are you supposed to put the audio files in?

EDIT: This seems to be effecting all games. I tried a SNES game and the sound is the same.

Last edited by bird333,

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Just a quick heads up for people reading along, there is a PPSSPP test build _pinned_ in the patreon ( https://www.patreon.com/m4xwdev/ ) only discord (thats more recent than other builds) that has JIT (not only IR-Jit, but Jit proper) mostly fixed, which is fastest.

Vice City story is borderline playable at 2x resolution on stock speeds, and from what I hear playable at 3x+ resolution on 460Mhz GPU OC.

Less demanding Games like FF7 Crisis Core, or all the Personas, work on stock speeds with 3x+ resolution - like a charm - and look great. :)

Overall PSP compatibility of PPSSPP seems to be mixed, so it depends on the game, if it runs very well - or not at all.

I'll do a proper video (with sound.. ;) ) on a few working games tomorrow. :)

First time ever playing PPSSPP at 3x+ resolution, and it looks really good. :)

The build in itself still has its quirks (like the work around for it to not crash when changing settings) and repeat loads of games, without exiting RA fully in between eventually also lead to hard crashes. So this is not general purpose yet (I sense some people getting sweaty.. ;) ), but it is IMMENSELY promising - like "never thought we'd reach that level of emulation fidelity on the Switch" promising. :)

Reicast, after this, I'm sure... ;) :P

N8

Last edited by notimp,
Reactions: rsn8887

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Shhhhhh. Don't say Bananas. JM will get horny again :mellow: