ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Today was a fun Day , Many users worked to get C++ to work and now it works just fine in alot of cases , we also got Emulators like Fbalpha to work slow but they work , now whats missing is JIT Support and the GPU Drivers but if Daeken can fix the Linux4Tegra source that should come very soon.
Awesome!
Great thing you guys got full on C++ working on RetroArch Switch :)
Hope this Feb 1st brings up the goodies ;)

we can take a look later but why ? Snes2010 works fine and full speed
Main Snes9x (or properly known as 1.55) has way better accuracy, less hacky than 2010,.
It also has better compatibility, and most importantly, main Snes9x has official MSU-1 support to play CD quality OST for games that support it, as well as FMVs.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome!
Great thing you guys got full on C++ working on RetroArch Switch :)
Hope this Feb 1st brings up the goodies ;)

Main Snes9x has way better accuracy, less hacky than 2010,.
It also has better compatibility, and most importantly, main Snes9x has official MSU-1 support to play CD quality OST for games that support it, as well as FMVs.

Snes9x 2002, 2005, and 2010, etc are lesser versions, unless people are nostalgic. Snes9x 1.55 is almost equal in terms of functionality and accuracy as Higan, without the speed cost of course; MSU-1 support, higher compat, yes, I'm not sure if Snes9x libretro will be ported over to Switch anytime soon. 2xxx series was only for weaker hardware like Atom devices, etc.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i can confirm that Snes9x is working on the switch , and now good night its 6:15 am
Okay, hopefully that's added to the OP.
Added ;)
I'll also put FBA Alpha as a very early build to the list.

Btw, I've been lurking a lot in RetroArch's repos, and a lot of the cores are getting Switch make targets lately.
mGBA and TyrQuake are two which got recent commits regarding a Switch target to their repos, just to name a few.
I suspect they might be nothing but placeholders right now, but it's worth noting.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hooray for Snes9x and FBA!
banana.gif

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Plutoo and some of the Reswitched guys said "something" is coming Feb 1st.
Speculations say it might be a proper HBL for the Switch, and even some sort of kernelhax, but that's hopeful from my part lol

Intriguing, and I gotta say, despite the fact that 4.x.x kernel access may not be feasible for some time, the fact the Switch is already this far into homebrew development (especially for <1 year) is pretty bloody impressive :P

D

Deleted User

i can load into the menu but it crashes on Game load i will figure out when i wake up whats the case with the crash , and @SeanTorres next time bevor you shout on YT to the wrong people research who did the work on VBANext it was the RA Team and Me not the greek guy.

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Plutoo and some of the Reswitched guys said "something" is coming Feb 1st.
Speculations say it might be a proper HBL for the Switch, and even some sort of kernelhax, but that's hopeful from my part lol
Could you change the red text on the OP? It makes it REALLY hard to read for me w/ the black temp theme

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
4.1.0 should still be able to run homebrew, the exploit that works on latest is private however :P
Sounds like a good promise.
Obviously I will no longer update in this case.

I'm pretty excited about Retroarch's future.

Reactions: DarthDub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/4FTASzSPThM?si=i8JRmmFkpcXXIT7o +1