Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Trice

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
anyone have any information regarding "menu UI called Ozone"?
I downloaded the latest nightly but I cannot see it anywhere.

I am curious as to what it looks like and performs. Where I was reading about it the first time I thing it was on the libretro blog and there is said it was a driver, here it sais it's UI (GUI?).
Im a bit confused...
Menu driver is what the RetroArch team calls their GUIs and Ozone is the one being developped by natinusala who's also quite active here, especially in the Lakka topic.

They posted some pics of it on their Twitter (and probably here somewhere too): https://twitter.com/natinusala/status/1044701117848985603?s=19

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Menu driver is what the RetroArch team calls their GUIs and Ozone is the one being developped by natinusala who's also quite active here, especially in the Lakka topic.

They posted some pics of it on their Twitter (and probably here somewhere too): https://twitter.com/natinusala/status/1044701117848985603?s=19

Ok so I guess it's not done yet then :) Anyway it looks pretty cool. however I really enjoy the XMB GUI so I hope they wont remove it in favor of Ozone

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok so I guess it's not done yet then :) Anyway it looks pretty cool. however I really enjoy the XMB GUI so I hope they wont remove it in favor of Ozone
Nah they won't remove anything.
That's why you have options.
You can choose from rgui, to other menu drivers like xmb, material ui, some others I can't recall, and coming soon Ozone as well, which will be my preferred menu driver for RetroArch Switch of course ;)

Trice

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm really curious if the game list will look similar to the Switch one as well or if it will be like the other menu screens. Don't really know how flexible the menu driver system actually is with different looking screens depending on the content displayed. But in any case, I'm pretty sure I'll use Ozone on my Switch as I like the simplistic Switch UI a lot.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm really curious if the game list will look similar to the Switch one as well or if it will be like the other menu screens. Don't really know how flexible the menu driver system actually is with different looking screens depending on the content displayed. But in any case, I'm pretty sure I'll use Ozone on my Switch as I like the simplistic Switch UI a lot.
The game's will show up as a list, it's wont be as in the Switch UI...
Or at least I don't think so, it'd be way too much work and I don't think natinusala would go out of his way to implement such a thing :P
It would be neat for sure, but right now finishing the Ozone UI might be his top priority, perhaps that idea could come later once it has its initial release.

Trice

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
The game's will show up as a list, it's wont be as in the Switch UI...
Or at least I don't think so, it'd be way too much work and I don't think natinusala would go out of his way to implement such a thing :P
It would be neat for sure, but right now finishing the Ozone UI might be his top priority, perhaps that idea could come later once it has its initial release.
Ah well, that's fine. I already like it more than XMB as it is now, so I'll be happy in any case. And who knows that will happen later, as you said. ^^

Reactions: ShadowOne333

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
When I scanned my SNES roms it didn't show up correctly, some roms were shown as "Nintendo - Super Nintendo Hacks" I managed to fix this by scanning the same roms via retroarch on my PC and modifying the SNES playlist to point towards the correct rom path on my SD card. Now all the games show up under Super Nintendo, the boot and they have correct cover art.

Sometimes it pays off to play around a little :)

I'm just a bit confused as to why the PC version and the Switch version would scan the games differently.. hmm

Reactions: Albytrozz

gbazone

Trophies
XP
Country
What are the ideal settings for PSX? I loaded up THPS2 and it runs slow/sound is choppy. I read in a different thread that someone had beaten the game twice using the core.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
How do you get thumbnail artwork to display?. I have scanned my NES directory and now have a nes tab listing all my games, have enabled thumbnails in the appearance settings and downloaded the thumbnails from the Online Updater menu but im still not getting any thumbnails displaying next to my nes games?

zacly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When using the NSP, I can't exit RetroArch without using the home button. When I use the menu and select exit, the screen goes black and then RetroArch reloads.

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an error when trying to boot the NSP. It just closes. The .nro version works just fine. Is there anything I have to do to it to make it work? Or simply by installing the NSP it should work? The forwarder NSP does the same.

I'm using OS 1.9 on 5.1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/OLqeHmZp-Wc?si=gnlLbzZEgWiNp5E5