Homebrew RetroArch Switch

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had it working beyond 1.9.14 for local play. It stopped working locally in version 1.10.3 and hasn't ever worked since.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh hi, german fella. Glad to see you're not vanished.
I was already using the overscan options from within your core options menu (vs general overscan settings in RetroArch). Or is that still not what u meant?

Wait what? As I said I had it working just fine one or two years ago. It paired up nicely with both, my N3DSXL and my PC with no additional/special steps. The state of it not working was introduced in version 1.9.14 as another user wrote here: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/14849
Also @fst312 claims to have it working with the recent version.
Regardless, I'll have a look on your gitlab when I find the time. Thanks for all your input. :)
Maybe locally but savestates are like 16MB and needs to be synced a fuckton, so unless u have 100mbit up/down it wont do over net

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh hi, german fella. Glad to see you're not vanished.
I was already using the overscan options from within your core options menu (vs general overscan settings in RetroArch). Or is that still not what u meant?

Wait what? As I said I had it working just fine one or two years ago. It paired up nicely with both, my N3DSXL and my PC with no additional/special steps. The state of it not working was introduced in version 1.9.14 as another user wrote here: https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/14849
Also @fst312 claims to have it working with the recent version.
Regardless, I'll have a look on your gitlab when I find the time. Thanks for all your input. :)
That link is for wiiu, that definitely stopped working, my wiiu always crashed ever since I updated to latest version a few months ago. I don’t think it will make a difference if you port forward but I have my switch port forward with static ip.

575C70A8-6C28-4B99-BA7B-A037DC8417CC.jpeg76CD6777-A1E3-45D5-BDEE-897A94506E19.jpeg522FC380-D81D-4C20-A706-FF5B43EAFF0A.jpegD6492AC5-E834-43F9-8007-3003762003CD.jpeg

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That link is for wiiu
I know but as someone written there it seems to be exact same issue as on the Switch.
Port forwarding is nice but not too convenient when being at somebody else's house and up to play some netplay. I'll try that out though, thanks. :)

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to ask for anyone having netplay issues, if your port is not forwarded, are you using relay server. Relay might work, just trying to figure out here why netplay might not be working.

Reactions: lordelan

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question, can Flycast (Dreamcast) run on the Switch smoothly? Or GCN?
Haven’t really tested in a long time but flycast I recall working smoothly or smooth enough, as far as I know there is no gamecube, if there is I think it would be on the android side which really to me doesn’t count as the switch anymore.
Edit
Now that you mentioned flycast when I have time though I think I have Dreamcast games still on my sd card, so I’ll test again, just to try it out.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most Dreamcast games play fine. I have a few that slow down during heavy graphics usage but nothing too bad and usually overclocking slightly helps in that regard. My use case is limited though. I really only play Crazy Taxi and Jet Grind Radio.

BlackSunshine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a mame 2014 core around for the switch retroarch release? Trying to play Big Fight - Trouble in the Atlantic Ocean. I checked the core list and it isn't there. It stated to ask as there may actually be one.

Reactions: FanNintendo

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a mame 2014 core around for the switch retroarch release? Trying to play Big Fight - Trouble in the Atlantic Ocean. I checked the core list and it isn't there. It stated to ask as there may actually be one.
There's only 2003 (Plus) and 2010 afair. Why is especially 2014 needed?
Any chance to add dolphin Core in retroarch?
That won't do u any good.
You could however try Lakka on the Switch. It has the Dolphin core as far as I know but don't expect anything above a few GameCube games.

crazycrash_hum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi Everybody,

this is the forwader i made for this retroarch port

and yes you can screensave :)

Attachments

• retroarch.jpg
    retroarch.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 37
  • Retroarch-01ae542983ccd000.nsp.pdf
    272.7 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: ber71

Morricorne

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There's only 2003 (Plus) and 2010 afair. Why is especially 2014 needed?

That won't do u any good.
You could however try Lakka on the Switch. It has the Dolphin core as far as I know but don't expect anything above a few GameCube games.
I tried lakka on my switch. Tried yesterday. Gamecube is lag. Even with overclocking.
Today i installed linux fedora. On my second SD CARD. Installed dolphin. Testing some Gamecube games. Almost full FPS without overclocking . But i need figure out how map all switch buttons in dolphin to games only. I don't have more time Today. Cause im in job now. I test this Linux fedora tommorow

Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1