Homebrew RetroArch Switch

D

Deleted User

Quick Response , i did install Robs SDCard Branch works without any issue , still i want to know has the squashfs to be removed from RetroArch? because i cant build a file without having something inside the FS Folder.

Reactions: ShadowOne333
D

Deleted User

i used Daves Code to Remove Squashfs , he builds the NRO just fine but HBL cant load it idk why.

untok

Trophies
Website
romumaailma.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Finland
Whats that build also this .o file on snes 2010 emulator is needed to paste new snes vgmoose emu. Theres a post in vm linux thread with compiled .o files to different emus but its outdated by now ithink.

D

Deleted User

Whats that build also this .o file on snes 2010 emulator is needed to paste new snes vgmoose emu. Theres a post in vm linux thread with compiled .o files to different emus but its outdated by now ithink.

what thread and what o files ?

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
newest build ?
This build: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-switch.492920/page-19#post-7851229

Also - Im staying away from posting in this thread for a while, because I find that I cant condone the insanity of people sharing github repos and build recommendations as if they were "cool tricks" nagging each other on to try compiles of different sources, with youtubers mixed into the wrap, who see being the first ones to create "how to copy/paste" videos, as their road to famedom.

Recap of half of this scene so far.

- Retroarch devs (?) betting on the wrong horse, and downtalking proper design decisions to prevent having to start over, giving f+ck all about the plattforms features or design language
- A hacker group that told people to update to 3.0.0 - based on their entry point and implementation, which regularly crashes six times in a row before you get it to launch their hyped HBL - and their first priority after launch being skinned versions of their launcher, because those promise a popularity push
- Youtubers hitting people up for builds, so they can be the first ones to market them into views on their youtube videos
- An exited public that eggs each other on to share sourcecode compiles to pronounce "first" - with no regard to versions at the moment crashing left and right, having wrong aspect ratios implemented, and where none of retroarchs settings actually work - but if someone can give them "free" and "now" - they'll take anything, regardless of the source...
- Mass likes on threads that are nothing more than "if you get it to work share it with me" bait on a scale of every fourth to fifth posting in every thread. Moderators nowhere to be seen.

Wake me up when this insanity is over.

(The difference between the scene in older days and the last five years - really is youtube personalities and lurkers pushing for "anyone who can - giving them free "exclusive" stuff early" - even if they know nothing about a the topic at hand. And doing it all the time and everywhere.)

n.

edit: I forgot the host of the HBL DNS "service", now suddenly having to put his name and chat service handle out in the lower portion of the HBL html page - with a 'if hosting doesnt work, contact me on twitter - I'll then restart the server, thanks bro' baked in there - because he suddenly sees the HBL launcher page as a "portal" of some sort, where all eyeballs will congregate for a while... (First, design a clean UI. Second write your name and twitter handle, and a discord ad below it in Arial 10pt, because - why not.)

Last edited by notimp,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This build: https://gbatemp.net/threads/retroarch-switch.492920/page-19#post-7851229

Also - Im staying away from posting in this thread for a while, because I find cant condone the insanity of people sharing github repos and build recommendations as if they were "cool tricks" nagging each other on to try compiles of different cores, with youtubers mixed into wrap that see being the first ones to show "how to copy/paste" videos, as their road to famedom.

- Retroarch devs (?) betting on the wrong horse, and downtalking proper design decisions to prevent having to start over, giving f+ck all about the plattforms features or design language
- A hacker group that told people to update to 3.0.0 - based on their entry point and implementation, which regularly crashes six times in a row before you get it to launch their hyped HBL - and their first priority after launch being skinned versions of their launcher, because those are so popular
- Youtubers hitting people up for builds, so they can be the first ones to market them into youtube videos
- An exited public that eggs each other on to share sourcecode compiles to pronounce "first" - with no regard to versions at the moment crashing left and right, having wrong aspect ratios implemented, and none of retroarchs settings actually work - but if someone can give them "free" and "now" - they'll take anything, regardless of the source...
- Mass likes on threads that are just "if you get it to work share it with me - bait" on a scale of every fourth to fifth posting in every thread. Moderators no where to be seen.

n.
Lol, yeah it is insane.
But not sure why you are so angry and outspoken about it. It's not like your words would change anything I mean. Perhaps it is just for venting, who knows? Quality anger management.

Anyway, your description of the madness is so true to the fact it makes me laugh (though perhaps I should be crying).

D

Deleted User

Also - Im staying away from posting in this thread for a while, because I find that I cant condone the insanity of people sharing github repos and build recommendations as if they were "cool tricks" nagging each other on to try compiles of different sources, with youtubers mixed into the wrap, who see being the first ones to create "how to copy/paste" videos, as their road to famedom.

- A hacker group that told people to update to 3.0.0 - based on their entry point and implementation, which regularly crashes six times in a row before you get it to launch their hyped HBL - and their first priority after launch being skinned versions of their launcher, because those promise a popularity push
- Youtubers hitting people up for builds, so they can be the first ones to market them into views on their youtube videos
- An exited public that eggs each other on to share sourcecode compiles to pronounce "first" - with no regard to versions at the moment crashing left and right, having wrong aspect ratios implemented, and where none of retroarchs settings actually work - but if someone can give them "free" and "now" - they'll take anything, regardless of the source...
- Mass likes on threads that are nothing more than "if you get it to work share it with me" bait on a scale of every fourth to fifth posting in every thread. Moderators nowhere to be seen.

(The difference between the scene in older days and the last five years - really is youtube personalities and lurkers pushing for "anyone who can - giving them free "exclusive" stuff early" - even if they know nothing about a the topic at hand. And doing it all the time and everywhere.)

n.

edit: I forgot the host of the HBL DNS "service", now suddenly having to put his name and chat service handle out in the lower portion of the HBL html page - with a 'if hosting doesnt work, contact me on twitter - I'll then restart the server, thanks bro' baked in there - because he suddenly sees the HBL launcher page as a "portal" of some sort, where all eyeballs will congregate for a while... (First, design a clean UI. Second write your name and twitter handle, and a discord ad below it in Arial 10pt, because - why not.)

dude you talking too much bs here , first the reason why HBL Crashes is that we dont have 100% Support of Libtransistor yet , second bevor HBL Launched we showed on YT that stuff will work just nice and it did , people like Roblabla Plutoo derrek etc spend alot of time to code those stuff i dont think they do it for fun its on there free time but there will be always people like you which are not thankful.

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude you talking too much bs here , first the reason why HBL Crashes is that we dont have 100% Support of Libtransistor yet , second bevor HBL Launched we showed on YT that stuff will work just nice and it did , people like Roblabla Plutoo derrek etc spend alot of time to code those stuff i dont think they do it for fun its on there free time but there will be always people like you which are not thankful.

You're wrong. He's right. OR SHE!

D

Deleted User

Core Updates:

Mame 2000 Crashes with the Error 2168-0002 (Using SD Card Branch)
Yabause Loads up goes back to HBL Menu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream...