Homebrew RetroArch Switch

Pj Tremblay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trying to use the new glide 3.0 mupen next core and it crashes whenever I try to load a game.

i've deleted my config file, It crashes before I get the chance to change the core settings.

Using the latest nightly.

Last edited by Pj Tremblay,

ZildjianMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again, this is not GLIDE. Glide is a actual video plugin....
Theres Glide64 and GlideN64..
Anyway fix your settings. New settings are required for the new version.
Get used to it.

Thanks for this clarification!

I haven't used Retroarch on Switch since the RetroNX Days in which I would use SX OS to launch RetroNX using the old "Album" method...which was before n64 emulation took off with first Overclocking, and then the Dynarec.

Fortunately, due to my day-to-day creeping on this thread, I was pretty familiar with the discussions of Title Replacement and decided to convert over to Atmosphere and the latest build of Hekate to make a decent NAND Backup prior to any Switch Console modifications.

First and foremost, wow m4xw! Just...wow. This is such a major improvement over RetroNX in every way that I can barely put it all in words. (I'm a proud member of the Patreon now!)

Secondly, super n00b question, but can you elaborate on some of the most common settings to tweak that heavily impact n64 emulation specifically? (I'm happy to tinker on my own, I simply don't understand what a good majority of the available settings do.)

For example, using the latest build of Mupen64-PlusNext (SVC) (I had originally tried the latest Glide version you posted on Twitter but observed some odd graphical glitches in LOZ:Ocarina of Time), I did some basic checks like ensuring that the dynarec was enabled, the video driver was "GL", and applying Max Overclocking, and tried raising the 16:9 Resolution to 1080P in handheld mode but noticed this crippled performance so I reset the 16:9 Resolution back to the defaults and bam, smooth as silk. Being new to the n64 scene, I'm not really certain if stuff like this is expected or if giant performance gains are available by toggling a simple setting somewhere OFF/ON or vice versa.

My sincere apologies if a preferred set of "default" configs have already been shared. Additionally, I understand if n64 requires per-game tweaking, hence there may be no magic bullet that solves all performance issues.

Last edited by ZildjianMan,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
While I still didn't bother with all that N64 stuff (still waited for it to mature) still that GlideN64 seems to be the newest (and best?) sh*t, a good config would be cool, especially in the OP @ShadowOne333 once it gets posted like it was before for the (now) "old" MupenNext core.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
While I still didn't bother with all that N64 stuff (still waited for it to mature) still that GlideN64 seems to be the newest (and best?) sh*t, a good config would be cool, especially in the OP @ShadowOne333 once it gets posted like it was before for the (now) "old" MupenNext core.
Sure!
I'll update the OP with a once a more stable release of Mupen with the updated GlideN64 hits, as well as the config files too :)

Reactions: lordelan

Galebourn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Are there different PSX cores available on Switch? I want to play Xenogears but the entire background turns black once I reach a specific point in the game.
darkness.jpg

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried running Mupen64Plus-Next GLIDE but its all types of messed up for me..

my settings have worked perfectly for my current build of Mupen64Plus-Next and Mupen64Plus
I can run most games on my current cores with my settings full speed, widescreen and a consistent FPS..
(Obviously besides the usual like Goldeneye 007 and Paper Mario)

but i seem to get all these crazy glitches on this new release of Glide and ontop of that the framerate also suffers, its pretty much unuseable on my system. Any help? not sure what i'm doing wrong.

If anyone has some good configs could you please shoot them my way? Tried everything but still can't seem to get it to work flawlessly

I would suggest deleting all the "mupen64plus" settings from the "retroarch-core-options.cfg" and then try these...

Framebuffer Emulation: On
Color buffer to RDRAM: Async
Depth buffer to RDRAM: Software
Less accurate blending mode: True
GPU shader depth write: False

Last edited by FanboyKilla,

DerekGeneric831

DerekGeneric831
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I would suggest deleting all the "mupen64plus" settings from the "retroarch-core-options.cfg" and then try these...

Framebuffer Emulation: On
Color buffer to RDRAM: Async
Depth buffer to RDRAM: Software
Less accurate blending mode: True
GPU shader depth write: False

What CPU core should I be using? Dynamic or Cached? Seem to still be getting glitches

Broduskii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to set my save directories to my content folder, but its not an option within the settings.
It says that if its set to none it would load from the content folder but i am unable to set it to none.
I tried changing it with Notepad ++ but it didn't seem to stick.

Any advice ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land