Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Doesn't work. I already tried that way back (when they introduced the feature actually).
So unless they changed the way cover art displays I don't see it doing anything (if they did change it please, tell me so I can re-do the changes on my images)
Did you change the image resolution?
I changed all of mine to something like 200x200 for square boxarts and whatever the equivalent is for letterbox ones (200x160 I think) and I no longer have any stutters.

sideskroll

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Did you change the image resolution?
I changed all of mine to something like 200x200 for square boxarts and whatever the equivalent is for letterbox ones (200x160 I think) and I no longer have any stutters.
Yeah... I went as low as 150 horizontal res (keeping aspect ratio) and the "lag" continued.
Worth noting that I have the complete sets for EVERY console RETROARCH emulates. So... that may have something to do with it.
Anyway, the stuttering was exactly the same so I decided to keep the hi res images.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yeah... I went as low as 150 horizontal res (keeping aspect ratio) and the "lag" continued.
Worth noting that I have the complete sets for EVERY console RETROARCH emulates. So... that may have something to do with it.
Anyway, the stuttering was exactly the same so I decided to keep the hi res images.
Oh you have full romsets?
That might be why.
I only have like 30 tops for one console.
Try making a new playlist for a core/emu you don't have, grab a handful of roms for it and then try shifting the playlist to see if the stutter occurs with the newly made playlist or not.

If it doesn't stutter, the issue is the amount of roms RA has to load from the Playlist.
If it does, it might be something else, but I doubt it would still stutter in a playlist with less than 10 roms in it.

Radius4

Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
bear in mind SD cards may be a factor here, most people settle with "class 10" which can mean anything from 90MB/s to slow AF

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Right, the N64 does indeed have 64-bit MIPS CPU, but I don't think it actually ever used a 64-bit data precision but a faster 32-bit instead?
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/rec.games.video.nintendo/hiQuSJoNp-M/CJnemAtbdgEJ

Correct me if I'm wrong. Also there's been a lot of interesting activity on here
https://github.com/libretro/beetle-psx-libretro/issues/214#issuecomment-378774846

I'm curious how Nintendo programmed their N64 emulator on PPC architecture.
That n64 thread is interesting, if that user is correct in saying that the games didn't actually use any 64bit math; then maybe reusing code from a PSX dynarec wouldn't be such a stretch after all. I'm totally uninformed in this area though (I have no idea how different MIPS64 is to its 32bit counterpart, they could be completely incompatible) and there is a user a little further down in that thread who says that using the 32bit mode makes no sense and that the OP had some of their info wrong. I'd take all of it (including this post) with a grain of salt.

That GitHub chatlog certainly is interesting, I'm hoping some of that advice - specifically the stuff about overlapping blocks - finds its way into the finished dynarec, since it would allow for some neat optimisations on architectures like ARM or PowerPC. It's in their hands though, and it looks like "just get it working first" is the goal for now, which is fair.

Osakasan

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it took its time to take off, but it did

Everyone will benefit if beetle PSX gets a dynarec. For starters, people with last gen mid-end cpus will have a more stable experience (beetle PSX is a full software emulation core, pre ryzen amd cpus have a hard time with it)

Sooner or later it had to take off

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@ShadowOne333 mgba should be back
Yep it's back on the nightlies :)
Both in the full package and individual formats. Thanks!

One more thing, @Radius4.
I also noticed there is a new mame2003-plus core.
Apparently this one is a further modified mame2003 core which adds some stuff to make some games run better and/or compatible with the 2003 emulator. But, some odd reason, I cannot get RetroArch to detect this core to boot the zip files in which the games are stored in.

If I try to boot via Load Content, RetroArch doesn't detect this core to boot the ROMs with.
Also, I changed my MAME.lpl playlist to run the ROMs using mame2003-plus_libretro.rpx instead of the already existing mame2003_libretro.rpx core, and now the playlist doesn't appear at all in the lists. They do appear if I put back the original core in the LPL file.

Just thought about letting you know, perhaps this one hasn't been added in full in RA yet.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Re mame2003-plius, I just downloaded the latest nightly and this mame core is in the Load Core list (it is tagged as Experimental)
Just tried dkong as that is supposed to have better sound and it seems to work fine.
Switching content to 1941 and no crash so it seems relatively stable.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Re mame2003-plius, I just downloaded the latest nightly and this mame core is in the Load Core list (it is tagged as Experimental)
Just tried dkong as that is supposed to have better sound and it seems to work fine.
Switching content to 1941 and no crash so it seems relatively stable.
Oh so it is appearing now?
Good to know, I was about to file an issue report on Github about it lol

samuguay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good, sorry if I do not express myself well I'm Spanish and I use a translator.

I have retroarch 1.7.1 in wii u and when I try to put a shader to a game regardless of the core, even if I select it does not do anything the image stays exactly the same, can someone help me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guillotine