Return of the Blaze!

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

As the maybe three or four of you who actually endevour to read my blogs, probably out of a lack of better things to do, will know, I kinda overheated the laptop a few weeks ago and as such have been rather limited with what I can post here. Well, the laptop is now repaired. My access is still a little limited as it's actually my old man's laptop and he's being a douche over the whole overheating thing, but he seems to recognise that if he pisses me off too bad I don't give him any rent and he can't buy himself a big tub of Pringles. So he's calmed down now.

Anyway, for once I'm actually here with good, if not GREAT news. Read on.

- As you probably know, I am at present unemployed. It sucks monkey tits. Doubly so because despite not having a job, the government is convinced that I do, as such I get about £15 a week Job Seeker's Allowance instead of the usual £55. That issue has now been resolved and my JSA restored to its full level. Added bonus, I was supposed to be getting the normal rate for over a year (long story), so I'm looking at a payment of about £1,500 next week to make up for what they should've been paying me all this time. Methinks me be investing in some shiny shit. Probably a new laptop so the old man can stick his busted one up the crack of his arse. Woot for big slab of cash from government tho. Worst case scenario if I don't get the £1,500, my JSA is still at a reasonable level now, and with my bank account sorted I get the money directly instead of having to argue with the old man as to how much of it is actually mine when it's paid into his account. At least now when my older brother makes chilli for dinner 4 days running I have enough money to go get pizza instead.

- My old man seems determined to get back in my good books (probably something to do with my new katana arriving in the post a few days ago and he had to sign for it) and as such he's given me my birthday present two months early. A nice shiny new copy of Demon's Souls, the Black Phantom special edition with the art book, CD, guide book, etc. His logic is that in order to not fall behing with the online crowd I should be playing it from the day of release (Friday). I suspect the real reason is because he wants to play it too. The beauty is that with him being old, senile, and determined not to piss me off too bad, he will invariably forget when my birthday actually swings around in August, thus I get another present
smile.gif

- I have started recieving 'interest in your CV' emails from an agency I registered with which deals exclusively with those in my position, looking for our first jobs in the gaming industry. Testers, etc. I would tell you the site, but that'd create competition and I would have to kill you. Sorry, but it's every man for himself at this rate. Nice to know that despite my lack of gaming based qualifications or experience, there's plenty of interest in my potential as a designer. Even Rockstar have shown interest in me. Now that's fucking sweet. Especially since my nephew always reads the credits for the GTA games to look for funny names. Would love to see his face when my name crops up.

- Currently negotiating on Swapz.co.uk, the trading site I frequent, for a PSP with 6 games. Going well. Also shown interest in another system which is already...customised. I'm fairly sure I'm not supposed to discuss such things openly even here, so I'll refrain. If all else fails I should be getting about 200 quid tomorrow morning. Will have to pay a fair chunk of my bills with it, but I should have enough left for a PSP and a couple of games. Assuming I don't just flash the damn thing so I can play FF8+9 without arsing around with PSN cards.

- After careful deliberation I have decided to sell my Warhammer 40K Ork army. It's up on Swapz at the moment, not been up long so I'm hoping to see some interest soon. It's a shame to see them go, but the simple fact is that they're unlikely to see any combat again because the only decent opponent around here has moved away, leaving me with a choice between dumb ten year olds who can't put up any sort of fight for more than a turn or two, and the dirty cheating scum in Games Workshop who bend the rules as they see fit. Like Jonas, who insists that a Tau gunship can land to gain a cover save when it clearly doesn't have landing gear, nor did he declare it landing in his turn. He's scum. Last time I fought him it degenerated into a slanging match akin to a session of British Parliment. Ever seen the House of Commons on TV? Why don't they just go the whole hog and start a 'yo momma so fat' contest?

- Uploaded the next two chapters of my FF7 fanfic to the ironicly unimaginatively named fanfiction.net, and there are over a dozen messages in my inbox asking for the next chapters because people are enjoying it so much. Seems I have a fan club
smile.gif

- England play Germany later today and Germany's star striker is out with what papers described as 'abdominal muscle pain'. What we normal people refer to as a tummy ache. Why are footballers such pussies? Watch rugby some time. They bleed from the head and still get up and play more. Not that it matters. Even if we somehow win we've in all probability got Argentina in the next round, followed by Portugal, then if we somehow become talented and survive those matches we'll most likely face Brazil in the final. So the odds aren't exactly swinging in our favour.

- Got a message from a girl I used to know (before she went all psycho hose beast on me and went back to her drug addled ex...it's no wonder I have self esteem issues...) saying not to contact her. Ummm....I didn't. Basically you've waited a year then sent me a message reminding me that you're not talking to me any more. I suspect there's more to this than first appears. Guess life without me kinda sucks.

- My older brother bought Lego Harry Potter for the PS3 so he could play it with his six year old son. Problem is that said six year old never does what he'd told, he wanders off and fucks about, or in boss fights he loses interest and just stands there getting smacked about by the basilisk and losing all the studs. So I'm doing most of the game in his place so some degree of progression can be made. Basically I get LHP for free. Sweet.

- The old man seems to be fairly forgetful about getting his PSP back from me. I borrowed it to play Monster Hunter for a few days, then bought a copy of Dissidia for £3.99 and still haven't given the system back. I will once I have my own PSP. I still want to get my own instead of using his because A) he will eventually bother taking his back, probably when I have about a dozen games to play, and B) his is old and wrecked because he never looks after anything, hence the big fat chip in the screen.

- I finally found the infected file on my 8GB MSD card responsible for the file pathway degredation I experience with my Cyclo. By deleting it I have pretty much restored my Cyclo to full operational status. The connectors are still a little worn down but they're nowhere near as picky as they were a few days ago. Might still pick up a SCDS2 tho, primarily for the GBA emulator. Incidentally, do you have to change the battery like you do with the EZ Flash 3-1 or does it run off the DS battery? I broke my EZ 3-1 trying to replace the battery
frown.gif
would rather evade such hassles.

Well, aside from that life carries on much the same as always. I should be around a little more often now, even moreso when I pick up my new PSP and can access the 'temp from there. Whereupon expect to find me asking questions along the lines of 'how do I get this to work on CFW?'

Laters

Blaze.

PS: Anyone else pissed off that a 'certain ROM site' is no longer able to distribute DS ROMs? I'm stumped for a replacement site with a decent download speed, the one I'm using right now is SOOOOOO slow. Mind, when I get my own laptop I can use torrents, so the moment I get my backdated JSA payment this all becomes largely irrelevant.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4