Suggestion Revamping the ban system& other stuff

Megadriver94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This suggestion thread is meant mainly as an inquiry for the ban system to be modified. Warning points can stay as they are, but instead of the current system of calling finite bans "suspensions" just call them bans, and the permabans are either renamed to just that: permabans or alternatively call them expulsions. Such users who got the latter would have a pic of the word "expelled" on their profile image.

2nd: The general rule for no emoji-only and image-only replies should be lifted for the Edge of the forum board and maybe also the General off-topic board. I mean, Why not?

Attachments

• 1471575900012.png
    1471575900012.png
    35 KB · Views: 268

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The first suggestion is a matter of semantics. I don't understand why anybody would change them on a whim when they already make perfect sense.

The second suggestion would just encourage further shitposting. It might be the Edge of Forum, but if people can't be more creative in their shitposts than just posting emojis or an image, why even bother? You're barely contributing to a shitpost, put more effort in. And extending a lifting of this rule to Gen Off Topic is just to further extend the boundaries of EoF; I really don't see any of these ideas being reasonable.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
But why though? We already have perfectly fine groups (suspended and banned) there's really no reason to change it.
Also no to the second idea.
There's really no reason to fix what ain't broke.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: ThoD and KingVamp

Megadriver94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But why though? We already have perfectly fine groups (suspended and banned) there's really no reason to change it.
Also no to the second idea.
There's really no reason to fix what ain't broke.
Well, maybe so for the 1st of my ideas. However, why not at least lift the restrictions to the Edge of the forum board? Not only is it the most off topic of all the forum boards, the post count of users NEVER INCREASES from using it. Overall, just let shitposts be shitposts, so long as the stay in the EoF.

Last edited by Megadriver94,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, maybe so for the 1st of my ideas. However, why not at least lift the restrictions to the Edge of the forum board? Not only is it the most off topic of all the forum boards, the post count of users NEVER INCREASES from using it. Overall, just let shitposts be shitposts!
The no image post rule already doesn't apply for the EoF same with the emoji posts. They some time remove completely redundant posts, but that depends on the staff member. My no was for Off-Topic though, which is honestly not supposed to be the place for shitposting. Off-Topic is supposed to be for "Off-topic" posts that still contribute something to the community, it's not an extension to the EOF.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
The EOF is already reaching critical levels of garbage. Emote spam sounds wholly unneeded. I don't report posts in the EOF unless they're heavy emoji spam or someone posting the same comment over and over. EOF isn't some lawless ground, it's for super off topic content and jokes. At least let's try to keep the jokes from hitting lower levels of suckage.

Suspension/Ban seems fine as is. Banned sounds simple, to the point. You're banned, you're gone. Perma- just doesn't really add much to the word imo.

Reactions: Seriel and ThoD

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I don't see how "suspension" is any less suitable of a term for a temporary ban than "ban" itself.

Re: your second suggestion, while the EoF is the haven for shitposts, we still want to have *some* semblance of quality in there. I don't think it is too much to ask for. Say no to low grade manure ;A;

Extend the rules of EoF to Off-topic? Yea naaaaahp. Over my dead body. The Off-topic is for actually serious topics which do not fit any of the other categories. There is already the EoF. Why do we need more than one?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the point of EOF in the first place? Was it made just for people to endlessly post nonsense that can't fit anywhere else on the forum? If the forum is trying to be progressive in a community, we can just have a jokers corner or something like a comedy club. Where jokes are meant to be funny for the sake of trying to entertain people rather than "Shitpost" as everyone calls it. You can only take insults so far before someone finds it annoying and redundant and it happens fast, just as with some memes. :ninja:

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
What is the point of EOF in the first place? Was it made just for people to endlessly post nonsense that can't fit anywhere else on the forum? If the forum is trying to be progressive in a community, we can just have a jokers corner or something like a comedy club. Where jokes are meant to be funny for the sake of trying to entertain people rather than "Shitpost" as everyone calls it. You can only take insults so far before someone finds it annoying and redundant and it happens fast, just as with some memes. :ninja:
EOF was a testing area at one point, and it sort of evolved from that. It went from test posts to jokey posts to just straight up becoming a place for ridiculousity lol

Reactions: Deleted User

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Emote only / image only posts in the EoF are often allowed anyway... especially if they are "on topic"

Regarding suspensions and bans. If your account is suspended for a set amount of time, why call it banned? and calling a ban a permaban. I know some places uses that kind of semantics, but it makes less sense to me.

*person falls into coma* <-- this person is dead!
*person stops breathing, heart stopped, brain stopped, and is buried* <-- this person is permadead. :P
(I'm just being silly)

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Emote only/ image replies shouldn't be allowed in any section other then EoF.
This isn't an imageboard, this is a forum.

Emote only/single image replies are a waste of resources and contribute nothing to the discussion at hand.
especially since 99% of the image replies are shitty memes.

Reactions: Minox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: YUH