Homebrew RELEASE reVC: Reverse engineered GTA Vice City - Switch port

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I installed it properly. I used the CD version that was first released. Played it for a bit, the radio takes long to load, the sound bugged out on me, and crashed. I still had fun for the time I played. I also noticed the game didn't save for me, lol.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I installed it properly. I used the CD version that was first released. Played it for a bit, the radio takes long to load, the sound bugged out on me, and crashed. I still had fun for the time I played. I also noticed the game didn't save for me, lol.
Might need to do the same Encoding that you needed to do or the GTA3 Release

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Anyone who knows about SAK App, what would cause it to do that? Image I used for GTAIII is JPG, and Image I used for VC is also JPG.
View attachment 272316
View attachment 272317
HOS accepts only certain types of JPG. It cannot be progressive, that's one of limits.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And it cannot be bigger than 128 kB 256x256

Reactions: Smoker1

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Well, then make sure the path and names are correct. I created my own forwarder and its works perfectly fine.
You can test and tell me what wrong because for me all are fine but it don't work

Well, then make sure the path and names are correct. I created my own forwarder and its works perfectly fine.
What tool you used ?

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
You can test and tell me what wrong because for me all are fine but it don't work

What tool you used ?
How can i test it if i don't know what path you set (and whether its right or not)...?
i used this - https://gbatemp.net/threads/gui-for-nsp-forwarder-tool-for-12.588018/
There's no way it doesn't work if you set everything correctly. It's just a forwarder to the actual nro file, nothing special. You have to be sure the path to nro and all the names are correct.

Last edited by bad361,
Reactions: chronoss

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the

synge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do i have to do anything special to the switch itself? or can i just do this to any old switch? my switch isnt jailbroken, but does that matter?

Last edited by synge,

Tommassey250

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I love Vice City and the hard work that went into this mod, but yesterday it caused my switch to crash so hard it gave it the dreaded 'orange screen of death' which needed a total hard shutdown and reboot into Cfw.

I had just done the first Diaz mission where you protect him, I took a Cuban car and suddenly the whole game died. It was connected to the Dock and TV at the time.

I've used all kinds of homebrew games (retroarch, emulators, fan games) and never had a problem. if they crash they generally just go back to the home menu with 'an error has occurred', never fully locking up or freezing the machine.

Is this safe to keep using? I haven't been able to replicate that hard of a crash since but I'm worried this homebrew app might cause some real damage to my system.

Graber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello there!

The pull request I explained a while ago which integrates the Switch support into the main re3 project for reVC was merged a few weeks ago. This means that now Switch will be getting all improvements that are done over time by the main project, and nightly builds ("nightly" in this case being every time a change is submitted) are now a thing, so now all bugfixes and improvements that are made will be immediately available on the Switch version, starting from any that were made between the latest "update" and today's release. Huge thanks to the re3 project for helping me out and supporting the port as well!

If you spot any bugs, please check out if they happen on the PC version as well. If they do happen there as well, feel free to forward that bug over to the main project. Otherwise, if it only happens on Switch, please comment on this thread so I can keep track of it and fix it later down the line.

New download link (main thread also updated):
https://nightly.link/GTAmodding/re3/workflows/build-switch/miami/switch-gl3.zip

Made a tweet about it as well, feel free to share it.

Last edited by Graber,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
The game still crashes for me in the middle of "The Chase" mission (#12). I'm too lazy to test if it works on pc, hah. Didn't have any problems before that mission tho, maybe a save bug or something.

Last edited by bad361,

Graber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The game still crashes for me on "The Chase" mission (#12). I'm too lazy to test if it works on pc, hah. Didn't have any problems before that mission tho, maybe a save bug or something.
PM me with a save (just zip the userfiles folder and upload it so I can download it) and I'll look into it for you, no worries.

Reactions: bad361

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1