SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yes, I've tried alterring pretty much any GameBoy setting within the config to no luck. It really seems like this shouldn't be a problem, but something is corrupting the graphics somewhere and I don't know where.
Maybe the KDC emulator doesn't really support GB games hacked to convert to GBC games with custom colors.

Have you tried injecting an original GBC game (such SMB Deluxe, Wario Land 3, etc...)?

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the KDC emulator doesn't really support GB games hacked to convert to GBC games with custom colors.

Have you tried injecting an original GBC game (such SMB Deluxe, Wario Land 3, etc...)?
Considering the OP was able to get other Game Boy games to work but also with graphical issues (specifically mentioning Pokemon Red), I'm inclined to think that whether the game is in color or not has nothing to do with the graphical issues.

Reactions: SaulFabre

Exidous

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow up questions on N64 emulation via Kirby's Dream Collection and the Rom fixer tool by @maciek12305

The tool changes the endianness of N64 roms to that required by Kirby's Dream Collection. Does anyone know what endianness that is?

Additionally, is there a format of N64 rom that works. without needing to run the tool?

That is, does Kirby's Dream Collection require big endian or little endian? According to the internet, z64 is (supposed to be) big endian and .n64 is (supposed to be) little endian.

EDIT: In my testing, the tool appears to convert a big endian (.z64) rom to byte swapped. And a byte swapped (.n64) rom to big endian. Oops. I'm thinking some of the incompatibility I'm seeing is from my improper application of this tool.

EDIT2: It looks like what the Rom fixer does is byteswap the rom. This means it should only be used with whichever format is not already compatible with Kirby's Dream Collection.

Last edited by Exidous,

QPASOMASTER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Hello, I know that this post is old, I followed a tutorial on how to replace the roms of the Kirby Collection game and I did it, I also replaced the layout of the game, I saw a comment that explained in this post that replacing the main.dol with the .dol from the vc folder emulator, when starting the game the emulator of the replaced .dol starts, but I realized that the game does not save the game, my question is, can the problem of saving the game be solved?

Captura de pantalla 2024-04-10 002744.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You gotta work and earn it